Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 17-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Seeker

Question about ghosts

Why are people afraid of ghosts
Old 17-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Knower

On television, people stumble upon a dead person and run off screaming. I have tried to figure out why?. Probably because they are not use to seeing ghost/spirits?..Not what you would call the normal...
Old 18-05-2015, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator
Yes, your average ghost could spook out the average person!
I guess they run away screaming because they are being paid for dramatic effect by Time Warner (or someone)

But seriously now...we need more happy lovely ghost stories. Scary ghosts are just so yesterday. They are not all scary. Some are very nice. And just about to 'move on' but come back to tell us they love us and will always be there for us....
Old 18-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Master

I have woundered that my self , why are we arfaide of ghosts and dead people .
Old 18-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Master
maybe because of the intrusion upon personal space or the appearance of some of them...
Old 18-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Hello

It is in part what we see on TV but if one is in a culture without TV that fear can still be there. So in this place maybe we have to look to the brain that is a huge logic centre. If we see something that the brain can not process it triggers that fear. We want to understand what we see, but at times we can not.

Too energy comes in with what we call ghosts that scare us, there is an energy to them that we at times can feel this again the brain will try and find that logic for and it is can not maybe that is turned into fear.

Lynn
Old 18-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
I think many people believe that a ghost has malintent because, if they are still here, it often means there was something 'wrong' with them...unsettled, angry, confused. A being that has good intent, we often believe to move on when they die. So, for me at least, unless it's a relative that has moved on that comes for a visit, I wonder what might be negative about a spirit that is still here. (And it's also really unsettling when you wake up and they are watching you.)

I also, grew up watching scary movies where the ghosts were either evil, or just confused and eerie.

And probably most of all, our society as a whole has still not embraced the spiritual world. Maybe 1 out of 10 people that I know actually truly believe they even exist. Many people don't WANT to believe in anything except what their five senses can detect.
Old 18-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Deactivated Account
People are afraid of what they can't see/understand. Also ghosts have been associated with horror films, demonic possession, being scared out of your wits, etc. And don't forget the Christian belief that dabbling in the 'occult' is against God's will and will get you sent to hell if you don't end up possessed first.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:22 AM
Master
hi

wen my dad wz alve he toldd me a stroy a story wen he wz a kid he livd in a hontd hose he
did wear peson wz killed hos oldr sisrs refsd 2 liv in it coz u cud sell blood in it
my nanna dads mum dnt liv in it longg but i rembr stoy story my dad told me i do
i wish he wz stil hear he wud tell u lots he wud im givn my slf heva jeves speakn abot it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔