Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 03-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Deactivated Account

The like for like attraction works as i understand it through the sensing, feeling, believing or having resonance with a particular outcome... as if you already have what you want. For instance to attract wealth we need to feel wealthy....as if we are already wealthy which means to cease thinking we cant afford things or worry that we dont have enough. To FEEL abundant attracts abundance. The feeling is the energy that attracts a like energy.

To get more technical there was another explanation I've heard from several sources that life is but a series of moments pieced together like a film strip to create the illusion of time and movement. That every probable outcome already exists in other parallel realities and as our energy shifts we shift to that reality which resonates exactly.

It would make sense of the teachings of needing to be aware, living in the present moment, that our power is in the now moment, knowing yourself and so on as its only when we are in total awareness of where we are at emotionally, being sensitive to how we are feeling at any given moment can we make a conscious choice about how our lives should unfold.

Of course there is more to it and much too lengthy for me to expain, however a list of my favourite teachings are through Abraham Hicks which are very down to earth and understandable for someone like me who needs things said in plain english. Seth is another source that goes into more detail but can get a little heavy reading...have to keep going back to re-read him. And even Bashar on occasion.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Experiencer

"Like attracts like "......(referring to the Law of Attraction subject)

Miss Hepburn and Emm explained it as I understand it's meaning. I once had a little trouble understanding it but not anymore.

Emm quote: " For instance to attract wealth we need to feel wealthy"......" The feeling is the energy that attracts a like energy " unquote.

This is exactly how I interpret the meaning, in LOA terms, what " like attracts like" means. And, it works, and works rather well when you understand it, and practice it.

"Energy" ( vibration, frequency )

Just remember, it works at any scale.

If you feel poor, you attract persons, things, events that culture a poor environment.

If you feel rich, you attract persons, things, events that denote wealth.

If you feel happy and sociable, you attract persons, things, events that make you more happy and sociable.

If you feel sad and lonely, you attract the same. Your environment will adjust to accommodate your feelings, whether happy or sad.

Anyone who truly wants to make a change in their life, ( want a better relationship, more friends, more wealth, maybe just feeling happier and stress free) can do it.

Just remember, it may not happen overnight. It may take some time for the changes to become apparent.

A person with a weight problem didn't gain all that weight in one or a few days. It took months, maybe years. My point, don't ask the Universe for something and give up when it doesn't show up in your life the next day, week, or month.

There are many that give up on the Law of Atrraction, simply because they haven't given it enough time, and/or apply the methods of using it.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Lorelyen...did you write that musical piece...I was confused...bec, wow.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Lorelyen...did you write that musical piece...I was confused...bec, wow.

Thank you for your kind innuendo!

Sorry about the confusion - yes it's basically in 3-time but I slip an extra beat in here and there for effect; means it can't be danced to unless one's aware of where those beats are. Sorry.

I love the cello, though. Like all instruments it isn't easy to write effective solos unless someone's accomplished. I know a little from the violin - the different, string-jumping and things so if a solo suggests itself it's usually cello or violin.

Ah but this forum isn't about music - and I'm not going to pretend I'm Nigel Kennedy to BE a great violinist like the LOA says I can

As for the rest, posters do seem to be coming to a conclusion with which I can agree: at the "higher levels of need", like will attract like - if you want to attract happy things you have to find things to allow sustained belief that you're happy - you have to learn and apply the signs - or it won't work. How you do that is another question. [Edit] visualisation and affirmation would probably achieve more.

And...yes, there are those without doubt gifted to make it work - though I suspect it's their gift rather than LOA and if you'll excuse me saying so - you being such a person.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 05-07-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: as shown
Old 05-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Hi Lorelyen,
You know, I had success with LOA before I knew what it was or there was a term for it!
All I knew was ...Ask, belief and receive.
All 3 are very imp...but, that 'believing' seems to be the #1 imperative!
Since, in my gut, meaning very deeply rooted in my subconscious mind I know...I mean know...that my
Heavenly Father/Creator adores me and wants me to have all that is good for me...protection, safety, health, abundance...and yes,
that perfect white linen blouse...
And bec my understanding of my Father's love and omnipresence in me and outside of me...
I just know and trust in whatever I ask for or need happens...esp protection.
( I say this because of all the mishaps He guides me away from by inches sometimes!!!)
I so wish others had this deep knowing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Lorelyen,
You know, I had success with LOA before I knew what it was or there was a term for it!
All I knew was ...Ask, belief and receive.
All 3 are very imp...but, that 'believing' seems to be the #1 imperative!
Since, in my gut, meaning very deeply rooted in my subconscious mind I know...I mean know...that my
Heavenly Father/Creator adores me and wants me to have all that is good for me...protection, safety, health, abundance...and yes,
that perfect white linen blouse...
And bec my understanding of my Father's love and omnipresence in me and outside of me...
I just know and trust in whatever I ask for or need happens...esp protection.
( I say this because of all the mishaps He guides me away from by inches sometimes!!!)
I so wish others had this deep knowing.

May I say that what you say honestly comes as no surprise. You have that
gift and whether others could find that same deep meaning depends on how
gifted they are and how willing to do the devotional work to open themselves
out to it.

It explains a lot. Rather than pretending you're something you aren't to
attract something you desire (which is a recipe for failing if you pause even
momentarily to reflect) you're putting yourself before the Creator in a
devotional way - beliefs, trust - that you will receive what you need in response
to your petitions.

Again if I may say....a wonderful post.

Old 16-07-2017, 05:37 AM
Master
Its not uncommon for me to constantly dream of a place, then end up there. I often use words like "i can" and "i will" which becomes "i am" and "i will continue." A strong knowing and a leap of faith is highly useful. The danger is becoming too dependent on L.O.A. to fill that emptiness inside.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Master
You have to create a visual representation of your desire...

So if you wanted too receive £100,000 write a cheque with this amount...

You should then receive an idea to make this happen...

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 30-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
That female will attract female?

Yeah lesbians <3