Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-09-2011, 10:06 PM
MissieM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
SO VERY TRUE! Spot on Jules! Be the partner you'd like to have. :)

I agree with Jules, that is a great saying Laura! Something everyone should aim for !

Peace and Love

Missie
Old 27-09-2011, 03:11 AM
MYFIGO

When I devoted myself to becoming the kind of person I wanted to attract, I became so absorbed in the process of introspection and resulting changes that the journey itself was rewarding.

And I did attract someone to me who was so kind, and positive and made helping others an important part of his life.

I now know that no one from my past life would have ever understood my psychic interests and spiritual path. It was well worth the wait.

Spending time becoming the best person you can be will make your life rich and enjoyable as you wait for your partner to make themselves known to you. It's one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.
Old 27-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Laura

Loving yourself is so important - but I think there's something else you need to do before you're ready to find true love. You need to get to know yourself. Learn what makes you, "you" and love every little bit that makes up who you are. :)

I guess I'm sharing this because I had a pretty big realization today. As much as I dream of finding true love, I don't think I'm ready for it. In my last relationship, I kind of gave up who I was in order to make the relationship work...I took on a passive attitude about everything, and didn't really let out the real "me". I did it for so long that by the time the relationship crumbled, I felt like an empty version of myself. I was so used to doing whatever he wanted, I forgot what it's like to do whatever I wanted.

The funny thing is, I haven't figured this out until today. It took me about 3 months to re-learn my own hobbies, likes, and dislikes, and rekindle my passion and outrageous handle on life. I don't understand why I was willing to give up the real me. Perhaps a big part of it was his influence. But now I've learned something truly precious - that when you meet the right person, they'll only make your personality shine brighter.

Sorry, I guess I rambled. But this felt very therapeutic.
Old 27-09-2011, 03:36 AM
MYFIGO

Quote:
But now I've learned something truly precious - that when you meet the right person, they'll only make your personality shine brighter.
You're absolutely right!
Old 27-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
When I devoted myself to becoming the kind of person I wanted to attract, I became so absorbed in the process of introspection and resulting changes that the journey itself was rewarding.

And I did attract someone to me who was so kind, and positive and made helping others an important part of his life.

I now know that no one from my past life would have ever understood my psychic interests and spiritual path. It was well worth the wait.

Spending time becoming the best person you can be will make your life rich and enjoyable as you wait for your partner to make themselves known to you. It's one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.
That is SO touching! Thanks for sharing and congrats!! :)
Old 27-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
Loving yourself is so important - but I think there's something else you need to do before you're ready to find true love. You need to get to know yourself. Learn what makes you, "you" and love every little bit that makes up who you are. :)

I guess I'm sharing this because I had a pretty big realization today. As much as I dream of finding true love, I don't think I'm ready for it. In my last relationship, I kind of gave up who I was in order to make the relationship work...I took on a passive attitude about everything, and didn't really let out the real "me". I did it for so long that by the time the relationship crumbled, I felt like an empty version of myself. I was so used to doing whatever he wanted, I forgot what it's like to do whatever I wanted.

The funny thing is, I haven't figured this out until today. It took me about 3 months to re-learn my own hobbies, likes, and dislikes, and rekindle my passion and outrageous handle on life. I don't understand why I was willing to give up the real me. Perhaps a big part of it was his influence. But now I've learned something truly precious - that when you meet the right person, they'll only make your personality shine brighter.

Sorry, I guess I rambled. But this felt very therapeutic.

No apology needed! You have realized this so that's great! Yes, having a partner isn't about sacrificing who you are. It is about learning, sharing and growing together. A partner "compliments" you. They do not define you. They can make you better in the sense that you change because you want to be a better person for yourself (not them).

We usually crave a partner because we are uncomfortable in our own company, are fearful of being alone, need love and support from outside of ourselves. Once we can get a handle on that, our partner just shows up! Ready and willing to "share" your life with you. :)

Laura it only took you 3 years! Be grateful.. It took me 20 and 3 ex husbands LOL :)
Old 28-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Laura

Thank you, Medium_Laura. :) I think the most important part of an experience is what you can learn from it. Life is like grade school, in a way - once you've passed a lesson or a test, you won't have to repeat the same grade over and over again.

Back to the topic, though!

To attract true love in your life, a good method to use is to attract the very qualities you're looking. Concentrate on the the character traits, and concentrate every day on how you would feel if this person were in your life. Make room on your bed. Be open to new friendships and relationships. Good luck. :)
Old 28-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Gracey

i was your first veiwer, thanks for sharing jason 72
Old 28-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Skins_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
The only way you'll attract true love into your life Adrian, is when you start to love yourself. If you don't love you, how can you expect to love another?

If that's true than how is it that so many people who have low self-esteem are able to find dates, have relationships, and get married? Obviously there has to be other reasons why some have better luck with relationships then others.