Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Master
The Divine Nature- Enlightenment

There is a post down below about divinization and I wanted to bring this up in a thread. The Divine Nature is something I think gets misunderstood by Orthodoxy and metaphysical folks alike.

The idea comes from the early Desert Fathers, Church Fathers, Mystics and St. Augustine's famous- "God became Man so that Man could become God".

It all starts with our beginning with Adam and Eve. Whether you see this story as symbolic or literal it doesn't matter. What the story tells us is that Adam was made in the "divine image". Now it doesn't specify whether this is physical or spiritual. Catholics argue it refers to the spiritual soul. Protestants said it referred to the body. They are both right. Whereas animals are just as much Spirits as we are in physical form there is a difference. We are made in the "Divine Image" both spirit and body. As a species we have a more complex system that includes seven chakras or centers of energy. They are conduits between our soul and body. It allows us to have a heightened awareness about ourselves, God, and the universe which animals do not possess. We are representatives of God in the 3rd dimension or at least that was our purpose.

Now we are made "in" the Divine image is different from being the divine image. That is because all of life is a choice. We as spirits were simply angelic beings way before our physical Incarnation. Our conception was first in the mind of God like an embryo just waiting to explore God's many mansions of creativity. Our decision to leave the nest is entirely our choice. But we are conceived first as a blueprint of the latter human form. Much older souls have actually been to other planets and come back and forth to Earth. But it seems as though the Earth is the toughest school where we face everything bare bones. It is the densest and "feeling separated" from God than all the other realms. That is because children eventually need to leave home and explore on their own.

Where does this "Divine Nature" come in? Well the Angels which are an entirely different class of being possess it since they are in Heaven, but we were given a choice. There is a uniqueness to all of God's thoughtforms (soul-creations). None of us are stuck in these classes. Angels can become one of us if they so desire to choose but most of them remain within the Spiritual realms and evolve differently. But we have complete freedom to accept or reject and have as many opportunities as we wish. Unfortunately our ancestors- "Adam/Eve" didn't live by the divine-nature from within and even though they were made perfect they chose to do otherwise. This got all of us on the wrong start. We spiraled down into tribalism and we all the know the stories of the Bible of constant upward evolution and sometimes regression and rebellion- back and forth.

Many people in history have developed this state of divinization while in the body- Mahavira, Guatama Buddha, Lao Tzu, Confucius but it took them many many lifetimes of opening up to the Holy Spirit within. The Spirit was always given to us but our openness is based on our rejection of the gravitational pull of the Ego. But the divinization, the soul made of the Divine Nature can also happen when we die. It is a karmic happening where God weighs out all the positive from the negative and infuses the entity with his Divinity and no longer needs to go through the earthly lives. The stories of Enoch or the Blessed Mother where they went to a higher plane on the Other Side after death are stories of exaltation. We become angels but with more knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Elijah coulda been such a master-guide but instead he had to come back as John the Baptist due to his karmic stuff as Elijah.

Now we come to Jesus. God saw that humanity needed a perfect representation of the Divine Nature in union with the human self. God conceived from his/her Beingness and mind, the soul of who we know as Jesus. When this soul incarnated of the blessed mother Mary, he was born with the Divine Nature already infused and awakened. He grew up normally, developed like all human males do, and even had to learn and study under several teachers and masters. When he reached the age of 30, that is when the fullness of the Divine Nature (divine love) and the human person were perfectly connected and unionized. That is why it said, "he became full of the Holy Ghost". Jesus had the free will to accept or reject his divine calling. He accepted it and through many trials and tests he came out even greater than what God have given him. He used his spiritual gifts for healing and restoring people to better lives and even exorcising spirits and demons. But the final test was of course the Crucifixion where he died showing us the Way out of our own self-created darkness and back to the awareness of the Father and Holy Spirit within us. Through forgiveness, suffering, and Love to the end we have a greater understanding of the Divine Nature Itself communicating this precious message and of our own divinity which no matter how long it takes we will hopefully one day realize and experience.
Old 27-08-2016, 04:11 PM
I just saw this thread.
You are quite the thinker and teacher, Ammy!
Wonderfully put together.

There is nothing I love reading about more than the Divine!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-08-2016, 03:27 AM
Guide
Now think of this, God asked Adam what each animal was to him, and so that was the name that stuck. And so why judge animals as lower or less then us. In NOT judging animals in this way, and naming animals for myself I have had countless magical and amazing experiences with animals, as my equal.
Old 28-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Now think of this, God asked Adam what each animal was to him, and so that was the name that stuck. And so why judge animals as lower or less then us. In NOT judging animals in this way, and naming animals for myself I have had countless magical and amazing experiences with animals, as my equal.

It beats me how anyone can believe the creation story and much of the Bible to be literally true, when there is no verifiable evidence to support it. The less than credible myths therein and no more credible than the Hsrry Potter stories but not as a good a read!
Old 28-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Master
The Creation Myth of Genesis wasn't interpreted "literally" until about 200 years ago- mainly by Protestant and Evangelical schools of thought.

The early Church Fathers of the Roman and Eastern Church treated Genesis as a symbol of humanity's Fall from the beginning of it's epoch. It really was never considered literal except for the character of "Adam". But Adam isn't the first "human". Adam is considered to be a prototype of how humans have acted since the earliest humans, whereas Christ was literally the first "fully alive human" 2,000 years ago. It's a metaphor for Consciousness. Christ was fully human, more so than us. Humanity and Divinity are not opposites. They are aspects of the same coin.

The issue is that people tend to think there was an Adam dude and a serpent and it's Eve's fault and all that nonsense
Old 18-09-2017, 01:58 AM
Deactivated Account
En used before a word means "to make".
To enrich means "to make" rich.
To enlighten means "to make" light.

It's a good analogy (or is that metaphor...)
Anyway, this implies that we live in the darkness. This holds some weight as we tend to stumble around in mental darkness (unconsciousness) only bumping into consequences when we walk into them.

A Guru (Hindi for Dark-Gu, Light-Ru) is someone who brings you from darkness to light. To keep to the same analogy, they basically do this by leading you to turn on your own light switch. As opposed to a religion that teaches you a set of rules so you can walk in the dark (thereby becoming enslaved to the religion). En-slave. Another good word.

Question is, how did the first Guru find the light switch to show the others? Doesn't matter. The real question is, do you want to continue walking in the dark?
Old 25-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
En used before a word means "to make".
To enrich means "to make" rich.
To enlighten means "to make" light.

It's a good analogy (or is that metaphor...)
Anyway, this implies that we live in the darkness. This holds some weight as we tend to stumble around in mental darkness (unconsciousness) only bumping into consequences when we walk into them.

A Guru (Hindi for Dark-Gu, Light-Ru) is someone who brings you from darkness to light. To keep to the same analogy, they basically do this by leading you to turn on your own light switch. As opposed to a religion that teaches you a set of rules so you can walk in the dark (thereby becoming enslaved to the religion). En-slave. Another good word.

Question is, how did the first Guru find the light switch to show the others? Doesn't matter. The real question is, do you want to continue walking in the dark?
Thanks for the English lesson so I was wondering about the word english just as a joke is to make glish. Truly my Glish isn't all that great but I get by.
Old 25-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Well I know some things are Hebrew poetry such as fishers of men, the lamb of God, a talking snake and a talking donkey, and followers of Yeshua were to go and preach to the animals and lets not forget that wolves are very clever as they can dress up in sheep's clothing, and all this is light hearted fun on my part so I'm just kidding.
Old 25-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
There is a post down below about divinization and I wanted to bring this up in a thread. The Divine Nature is something I think gets misunderstood by Orthodoxy and metaphysical folks alike.

The idea comes from the early Desert Fathers, Church Fathers, Mystics and St. Augustine's famous- "God became Man so that Man could become God".

It all starts with our beginning with Adam and Eve. Whether you see this story as symbolic or literal it doesn't matter. What the story tells us is that Adam was made in the "divine image". Now it doesn't specify whether this is physical or spiritual. Catholics argue it refers to the spiritual soul. Protestants said it referred to the body. They are both right. Whereas animals are just as much Spirits as we are in physical form there is a difference. We are made in the "Divine Image" both spirit and body. As a species we have a more complex system that includes seven chakras or centers of energy. They are conduits between our soul and body. It allows us to have a heightened awareness about ourselves, God, and the universe which animals do not possess. We are representatives of God in the 3rd dimension or at least that was our purpose.

Now we are made "in" the Divine image is different from being the divine image. That is because all of life is a choice. We as spirits were simply angelic beings way before our physical Incarnation. Our conception was first in the mind of God like an embryo just waiting to explore God's many mansions of creativity. Our decision to leave the nest is entirely our choice. But we are conceived first as a blueprint of the latter human form. Much older souls have actually been to other planets and come back and forth to Earth. But it seems as though the Earth is the toughest school where we face everything bare bones. It is the densest and "feeling separated" from God than all the other realms. That is because children eventually need to leave home and explore on their own.

Where does this "Divine Nature" come in? Well the Angels which are an entirely different class of being possess it since they are in Heaven, but we were given a choice. There is a uniqueness to all of God's thoughtforms (soul-creations). None of us are stuck in these classes. Angels can become one of us if they so desire to choose but most of them remain within the Spiritual realms and evolve differently. But we have complete freedom to accept or reject and have as many opportunities as we wish. Unfortunately our ancestors- "Adam/Eve" didn't live by the divine-nature from within and even though they were made perfect they chose to do otherwise. This got all of us on the wrong start. We spiraled down into tribalism and we all the know the stories of the Bible of constant upward evolution and sometimes regression and rebellion- back and forth.

Many people in history have developed this state of divinization while in the body- Mahavira, Guatama Buddha, Lao Tzu, Confucius but it took them many many lifetimes of opening up to the Holy Spirit within. The Spirit was always given to us but our openness is based on our rejection of the gravitational pull of the Ego. But the divinization, the soul made of the Divine Nature can also happen when we die. It is a karmic happening where God weighs out all the positive from the negative and infuses the entity with his Divinity and no longer needs to go through the earthly lives. The stories of Enoch or the Blessed Mother where they went to a higher plane on the Other Side after death are stories of exaltation. We become angels but with more knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Elijah coulda been such a master-guide but instead he had to come back as John the Baptist due to his karmic stuff as Elijah.

Now we come to Jesus. God saw that humanity needed a perfect representation of the Divine Nature in union with the human self. God conceived from his/her Beingness and mind, the soul of who we know as Jesus. When this soul incarnated of the blessed mother Mary, he was born with the Divine Nature already infused and awakened. He grew up normally, developed like all human males do, and even had to learn and study under several teachers and masters. When he reached the age of 30, that is when the fullness of the Divine Nature (divine love) and the human person were perfectly connected and unionized. That is why it said, "he became full of the Holy Ghost". Jesus had the free will to accept or reject his divine calling. He accepted it and through many trials and tests he came out even greater than what God have given him. He used his spiritual gifts for healing and restoring people to better lives and even exorcising spirits and demons. But the final test was of course the Crucifixion where he died showing us the Way out of our own self-created darkness and back to the awareness of the Father and Holy Spirit within us. Through forgiveness, suffering, and Love to the end we have a greater understanding of the Divine Nature Itself communicating this precious message and of our own divinity which no matter how long it takes we will hopefully one day realize and experience.
I've gotta say that I can agree with a lot of what you've said and I'd rather not make an argument about what I disagree with, for instance reincarnation and its not because I disagree it's because I see it differently. I really wanted to say thanks for the read.
Old 27-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Master
I have changed something that I believe and I believe this because I realized there can be no other explanation.

I don't think we were ever created as I stated we were above. I feel as though we always were.

If God was a body, a Collective Consciousness or in the case of "the beginning" a Universal One, I feel we have always been a part of this Consciousness and never created.

Like cell division or an amoeba we've been gradually evolving apart from the Creator/Creative Energy to experience self but have always been That. Long before we ever had our first human incarnation, we've always been Spiritual Beings.

And long before we became fully individualized to experience our own journey, we were all of One Mind, One Spirit in the Body of what we call God. We are eternal, no beginning and no end. Only constant evolution.

God evolves as well since our souls have experienced separation from God on some level, it is like cells dividing from each other. But this experience isn't meant to be a negative. It is simply a mode, a state one must go through to understand the self.

And since God is like a cosmic Body of spirit and mind, there are higher aspects of that Body, Pyramid, House, Council (different metaphors used in ancient times and Bible for the All). Just as the body has many parts and all are equal to be whole, the body also has higher and lower aspects- the head/ neck vs. the arms and legs as an example. The higher aspects would be the Angels and archangels. These spirits evolved from the Universal Spirit with a very black and white energy. They are either evolving towards greater light and love, or darkness and chaos. These higher powers brought the rise and opportunity for all different entities to choose "Good and evil",- angels and demons. Not the best words to use but that's all we got to explain Light and Darkness. This is why so many philosophers say God and the Devil are one, or two sides of the same coin in a certain manner of speaking. The necessity for the "devil" or Darkness is to always make the Light shine greater, for goodness to be magnified even if it becomes a victim of darkness.

On some level the Divine Nature is spread out, shared, distributed properly to all of God's Children on several many different levels.