Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Question My Grandmother just was put in nursing home due to indicient acts with dementia

My grandmother raised me when know one else would, I am 34 years old and was raised on a private lane, in a private home. My mother left me at a babysitters when I was 3 handed me some children's Tylenol, told me to lay down between a couch and a coffee table and left with some guy to Florida. Anyways my uncle just put her there, which I disagreed with to the fullest. But he is the next of kin so I have no say in what he does. So she's been in there for about two weeks now, I just found out yesterday that she was put in a nursing home. and already she has fell 3 times and had to go to get ex rays. I'm so scared when she passes, I don't know what I'm gonna do, I really don't feel like living myself anymore when that happen. She is my everything, she is the one and only person I love in my life the most...Can someone also tell me when a person of that disease passes, where would she go to next if her conscious is all boggled with memories all distorted? someone help me please answer some of my questions thanks.
Old 24-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Master
Christina this is a difficult challenge for you and your Grandmother ,she obviously did a great job raising you ,as you sound to be a very loving and compassionate person, I guess there are reasons as to why she cant live with yourself ,so my only suggestions would be, try to keep

calm ,make a appointment with the nurse home to voice your concerns as to finding out why the falls are happening and what can be done about it, your grandmother may not be used to her new surroundings yet so bear in mind not to be accusing but do be calm and assertive ,your

concern is coming from your heart and your love for your grandma so make this clear to them ,perhaps you could take a friend for support ,We all get old and the time will come that she must move to the spiritual realm ,this is a good time ,she will experience peace from her troubles

and be blessed for her goodness , You will feel sad indeed ,but I'm sure your Grandmother would want you to be happy too ,after all you are her legacy, she is a strong, loving lady and she knows the value of love, even if in her old age she has dementia, Im sure in her heart you are

there, Be strong now and be there for her as best as you can by visiting her and caring for her. Also I really want you to do some nice things for yourself right now ,What makes You happy ,Hey for some people its doing there house work, but You are a very valuable person And you

must never forget that, Take Care now and sending you Love and Light and Prayers Deepsoul...

Also Christina its great that you reached out here ,Reach out in your community too, Go to see your doctor or community center to see if you can get some extra support from a counsellor, they are there to help talk about problems like these and can give you helpful advice ....
Old 24-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Master

I'm very sorry to hear about your beloved grandmother. Dementia is a terrible disease.
Modern medicine may be keeping people alive longer, though unfortunately they haven't managed to balance the duration of life with quality of life ...

I would say, take heart. When she eventually passes over, as inevitably she will, she will be free of all her mental and physical ailments. She will be herself again, in the youthful form of as she was in her prime.

You will be sad at her passing no doubt, but you must understand that for her it will be a happy release, and a joyful reunion on the Other Side with her departed loved ones.
Her only sorrow will be your sorrow.

We should remember our departed loved ones with a happy heart and a happy smile, and bountiful gratitude for the love, protection and guidance bestowed over the years.
And we don't need to worry about them. They are in a far better, happier, more beautiful place.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 24-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina 1210
Can someone also tell me when a person of that disease passes, where would she go to next if her conscious is all boggled with memories all distorted? someone help me please answer some of my questions thanks.

I cannot tell you where she will 'go' (I cannot answer that for any of us)... However the Soul/Spirit will be freed from the limitations and restrictions being imparted by the condition of the physical body (such as with dementia, brain disease, etc). There is a phenomenon that has been observed by doctors, medical staff, and family members known as terminal lucidity - and this describes how some individuals who are on the brink of physical 'death' while suffering from various conditions that impair their cognitive functioning, they suddenly display a very LUCID state of consciousness again, and become clear and coherent. So it's as if the Soul/Spirit is preparing to withdraw from the physical body and begins to free itself from the restrictions and impairment caused by the condition of that body.

Long story short, I would not worry about her well-being in the hereafter due to her experiencing dementia in her physical body.
Old 25-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
I cannot tell you where she will 'go' (I cannot answer that for any of us)... However the Soul/Spirit will be freed from the limitations and restrictions being imparted by condition of the physical body (such as with dementia, brain disease, etc). There is a phenomenon that has been observed by doctors, medical staff, and family members known as terminal lucidity - and this describes how some individuals who are on the brink of physical 'death' while suffering from various conditions that impair their cognitive functioning, they suddenly display a very LUCID state of consciousness again, and become clear and coherent. So it's as if the Soul/Spirit is preparing to withdraw from the physical body and begins to free itself from the restrictions and impairment caused by the condition of that body.

Long story short, I would not worry about her well-being in the hereafter due to her experiencing dementia in her physical body.

That is so true, and I experienced that with my own mother who had dementia.
With her, I also found out dementia affects the brain....not the Soul.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:47 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina 1210
My grandmother raised me when know one else would, I am 34 years old and was raised on a private lane, in a private home. My mother left me at a babysitters when I was 3 handed me some children's Tylenol, told me to lay down between a couch and a coffee table and left with some guy to Florida. Anyways my uncle just put her there, which I disagreed with to the fullest. But he is the next of kin so I have no say in what he does. So she's been in there for about two weeks now, I just found out yesterday that she was put in a nursing home. and already she has fell 3 times and had to go to get ex rays. I'm so scared when she passes, I don't know what I'm gonna do, I really don't feel like living myself anymore when that happen. She is my everything, she is the one and only person I love in my life the most...Can someone also tell me when a person of that disease passes, where would she go to next if her conscious is all boggled with memories all distorted? someone help me please answer some of my questions thanks.
my grandmother just passed in September, she had Alzheimer's for the last 9 years. I did not attend her funeral because we just moved out of state. I felt her happy, spunky bigger than life energy 3 days after she passed. She was with me the whole entire day. I haven't felt that from her in 9 years and I haven't felt it since. I don't think you have anything to worry about, I think she's going to be in a perfect energetic state when it's her turn.
Old 24-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Master

We went through 10 years of my father in law having Alzheimer's disease. It is a heartbreaking, debilitating disease for the diagnosed person and has a ripple effect throughout the family.

If your grandmother has fallen 3 times then your uncle made the right decision to have her put in a place where they can have 24/7 care for her. I know it's hard on you but you have to think of her at this time of her life, not what you desire.

Alzheimer's disease can take years or months to debilitate it's victim depending on which type of Alzheimer's disease your grandmother has (there are many types).

As far as where your grandmother goes after she dies? She will go home when it is her time. Back to where she came from before she incarnated here. To a loving and caring place where she will flourish and be loved. She will never forget you, and will always be there to support you.

Where does her spirit/soul go when the mind is deteriorating? It goes to a special place while she waits for the body to complete its cycle. She is in no pain.