Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Ascender

Time In The Afterlife...How can there be no time??

My other BIG question for today...

I'm going along with the idea of an afterlife/other realms etc, so far so good,
then I consistently hear that there is no time in these other worlds. How can there be no time?? Souls/spirits must think/act then after a certain amount of time think/act again. It can't all be present can it?? Mediums claim people enjoy earth like activities like listening to music etc. Well if they listen to a piece of music it must have a beginning & end, if there really are places to walk upon they must start that journey and end it. If there was no time, it would be like a pause button with everything frozen. They are aware of a life on earth before right so that must be past and they know they have relatives on earth still alive there so that must be future?? If time goes faster for them then wouldn't everything just speed up like an old silent film?
Do they experience time as we do from their subjective pov, and it's here that is accelerated to them. This notion of no time seems absurd to me, no one can exist in an eternal present as nothing would ever happen. If events & thoughts occur there has to be time as you wouldn't combine an eternitys thoughts all at the same millisecond. People always say there is only the Now even in this life but the second I typed "Now" it instantly became the past and what I am about to type is at this second the future. The present is so infinitisemally small it may as well not exist

PS if your answer includes the words Vibration, please can you hop to my thread first on Science & Spirituality as I am desperate to get the V word clarified
Old 18-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Metal, go to youtube and search 'WizardLoveMagic Eckhart Tolle The Now'.... That video will give you a better idea of what is meant by the 'Eternal Now'....
Old 18-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Knower

So the Eternal Now is no different from time here? It will, in the present moment, always be now and will never differ from being now? Although the term now is quantifiable because when I wrote the rest of this paragraph, that had been the now but has since become the past? So in theory, time is measurable, as it is here as like the OP said, we can know the start of the song, we can know when we have done something, or need to do something etc?
Old 18-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
So the Eternal Now is no different from time here? It will, in the present moment, always be now and will never differ from being now? Although the term now is quantifiable because when I wrote the rest of this paragraph, that had been the now but has since become the past? So in theory, time is measurable, as it is here as like the OP said, we can know the start of the song, we can know when we have done something, or need to do something etc?

'Time' is a human construct.... Seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years.... It only appears to be real in this physical dimension due to the conditioning of our minds...

The 'past' is your physical mind's memory and perception of an event that you experienced - that event is over, it does not exist anymore... It's not a tangible 'thing'... Your perception of what you have experienced is subject to change, you can alter it.... The 'future' is not a tangible 'thing' either, it's just your physical mind's imagination of something that will transpire.... Whatever happens will always happen in the present moment... It will never be 'the future', it will always be NOW....

'Past' and 'Future' are created in the mind... You only exist in the present moment or Eternal now.....
Old 18-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Master
OK I don't use the word vib, even so there is no time as we have it here, in a linear fashion, there are passing events just different.
As long we are in any physical form, any energy is physical, we experience passing events. If you imagine disk, ( it is actually a sphere) where the source is at the center, and the most solid form is at the outer rim, and as you evolve you move further away from the outer rim toward the center. As you do this you are able to oversee more and greater section of the outer rim backward and forward. Your own section moves much slower then the outer rim, where we are now. Only the center can oversee all other sections in the disk.
Of cause there is no disk that moves to create time, is is just a clumsy analogy and attempt to explain the different positions within an elaborate construct we call creation.
Old 18-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Valid question, metal68. I completely see what you mean.

Normally I would say I don't know and will probably find out when I get there.
But from observing certain things with someone I know on the other side, it seems they do have some concept of 'time' (nothing like 'clock' time here) but a sense of events following upon each other, and a 'before' and 'after' thing going on.
Also, curiously, I have noticed that when they visit me....say for instance they visited during the evening at a certain time, then the next visit will be approximately the same time...and that will go on for the next few visits. Then they will switch their visit to, say, middle of the afternoon, and the following few visits will also take place in the afternoons.
I found this interesting. It seems to infer that they can be aware (at least) of what 'time' means to us, and have a sense of duration....perhaps an instinct for rhythmic pattern which will place their next visit at an opportune time for me here. (Whereas if they dropped in at 5am, they would find me in deep sleep, unaware they were there, and unresponsive to them.)

Discovering that has made me wonder about there being some perception of time there. My perception of my visitor is empathetic, and my telepathy skill (words) is very bad, so haven't been able to get any concrete reply to how that operates. But it seems it is possible to relate in some way to "Earth time" and synch it to whatever they experience.
Old 19-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Master

in spirit, it is like all of time is at once. two ways to compare it. i tell them it is like a cake. they see the cake. the end product. they do not see the mixing and pouring and baking. they just see the cake.

they see the progression of things but do not have to wait for it. they are not a part of it.

kk
Old 19-05-2015, 02:29 AM
Burntfruit

I think it is a mystery.

It could be that perception of time is different - i.e. it is non-linear.

From what I have read there does seem to exist 'events in sequence'.

also when I receive after death communications - the communications last for a few seconds.
Old 19-05-2015, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I consistently hear that there is no time in these other worlds. How can there be no time??
There isn’t. Quite simple I will explain below.
Quote:
Souls/spirits must think/act then after a certain amount of time think/act again.
No. They act, they act, they act.
Quote:
It can't all be present can it??
Quote:
This notion of no time seems absurd to me, no one can exist in an eternal present as nothing would ever happen.
‘present’ is a singular time, so no, can’t be ‘present’. It is just all there.

The easiest way to think of this is that it all HAS happened. All outcomes and choices are there plain to see.
Quote:
Well if they listen to a piece of music it must have a beginning & end, if there really are places to walk upon they must start that journey and end it.
A road has a beginning and end. One can journey from one end to the other. Yet the road is all just there.
Quote:
If there was no time, it would be like a pause button with everything frozen.
Again, ‘pause’ is a time based concept, so doesn’t apply.
Quote:
They are aware of a life on earth before right so that must be past and they know they have relatives on earth still alive there so that must be future??
They do have access to all relatives (all everythihng) both what you call past and future.
Quote:
Do they experience time as we do from their subjective pov, and it's here that is accelerated to them.
It’s not accelerated, it’s all just there beginning to end. TO go to another time, they just move as you might to go to another room.
Quote:
Now even in this life but the second I typed "Now" it instantly became the past and what I am about to type is at this second the future.
To you yes, to a timeless being all ‘nows’ are co-existant.

----------
The easiest way to visualize this is to think of a movie. If you are a character in the film, it seems to progress moment to moment. You don’t know what is going to happen until it does.
But to a person holding the finished DVD in their hand, the whole movie is complete. Everything that is going to happen has. You are free to put the DVD in a player and skip around to time indexes in any order you wish.
To a movie editor, though the movie is complete and printed on DVD, it still can be changed. This happens all the time on TV when its edited for content or to fit a time slot.

So while watching a movie it seems like time is passing. It's not (contents of DVD is not changing), you are simply traveling along time indexes in order and making up the sequence of images into a story. With a bit of effort you could view the images in a different order and see a different story. Even though the entire time sequence is complete and unchanging, that does not mean you can’t change the entire sequence (or content). No time does not mean no changes.

Heck, just put another DVD in the player and all ‘time’ is completely different…
Old 19-05-2015, 03:17 AM
Knower

If it were all one moment, then I'd have the ability to go back to when I was 18 again but, I can't. I can no more fly through the air than change the past. My perception of whether I enjoyed my past can be altered but that's akin to looking at a painting, on each day of a week, and appreciating varying details of the painting with each day bringing a different appreciation. You can't change the painting as it's happened but it's your view that changes and that has no real bearing on past events.