Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 19-11-2014, 02:14 AM
Pathfinder
Odd Pendulum Experience

Hello All,

Thanks for viewing this post. I recently purchased a pendulum after completeing and being attuned to my Reiki II. I brought it home and while doing some school work, got a thought to use it. I took it out of the small bag, held it in my hands and said a prayer asking that it be surrounded by light and cleared of any negativity. I began asking it questions such as, show me "yes" (clockwise circle), and show me "no" (straight side to side). I was really happy and excited to begin using it. I then asked if it was here to help me, and it responded with a counter clockwise motion. I thought this was really strange and so I told it to stop, and it responded with a "no". this made me slightly concerned, so I then asked if it was of the light and it responded "no". I asked if I should return it (even though I was going to at that point anyways), it answered "yes".

After that, I sat there wondering why this was happening. I have sage incense in my room, so I lit one and held the pendulum and its chain in the sage smoke for about 2 minutes trying to clear it (I thought it might help). The incense burned quite quickly and smoked a lot, both more than usual. I then tried asking again if it was of the light and it gave me a "no", so I bagged it and returned it to the store, sort of. The store was closed so I threw it in a flower pot outside the store because I surely wasn't bringing it home with me.

The person who suggested I get a pendulum was baffled when I told them this but didn't have many answers for me. Could anyone offer some insight into this??

Many thanks!
Old 19-11-2014, 03:58 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Jayemem,

In the unlikely event that a negative spirit had affected your subconscious, it would have told you it was a positive spirit, in order to later give you negative suggestions. It wouldn't have told you it was not from the light, and defeated it's own purpose. It's much more likely that the pendulum response was affected by subconscious fears of the occult, gathered earlier in this lifetime or in past lives. Many have such fears, and the use of the pendulum may have triggered this pattern.
Pendulums have to work through the subconscious mind, and if it carries beliefs like this, it is easy to get distorted answers. If you do pursue it again, you may need to ask questions of the subconscious before going into other information, like "are you afraid of the spirit world?" etc. If it does turn out that you have these subconscious fears, then you can calmly and firmly instruct your subconscious to find ways to let go of these fears over time. In the meantime, continue to pursue prayer, meditation, healing or other practices that the subconscious is more comfortable with. Hope this helps!
Blessings,
Ananias
Old 19-11-2014, 04:15 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananias
Hi Jayemem,

In the unlikely event that a negative spirit had affected your subconscious, it would have told you it was a positive spirit, in order to later give you negative suggestions. It wouldn't have told you it was not from the light, and defeated it's own purpose. It's much more likely that the pendulum response was affected by subconscious fears of the occult, gathered earlier in this lifetime or in past lives. Many have such fears, and the use of the pendulum may have triggered this pattern.
Pendulums have to work through the subconscious mind, and if it carries beliefs like this, it is easy to get distorted answers. If you do pursue it again, you may need to ask questions of the subconscious before going into other information, like "are you afraid of the spirit world?" etc. If it does turn out that you have these subconscious fears, then you can calmly and firmly instruct your subconscious to find ways to let go of these fears over time. In the meantime, continue to pursue prayer, meditation, healing or other practices that the subconscious is more comfortable with. Hope this helps!
Blessings,
Ananias
Ananias,
Thank you very much. When I was reading your response, it seemed to make a lot of sense and I think you are correct. I pretty much grew up afraid of the dark, afraid of what might lurk there and what could affect me. I had a few experiences of a negative/terrible presence upon waking up at night that temporarily paralyzed me when I was younger. I cannot watch certain scary movies as it causes sleeplessness lol. I'm a Reiki level II now and although I surround myself with light, love, angels and my guides frequently, that fear still resonates and I need to keep working to let that go.

Thank you so much for your insight.