Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 30-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
As much as i applaud you wanting to help anyone dealing with depression.it must also come with a caution I am a councellor and i see people with various problems. depression being just being one of them.
we all go through tough trying times myself included. but trying to help anyone without understanding the cause, can make things more difficult for the person you are trying to help. if anyone is feeling depressed i would tell you to go see your doctor. where a small course of antidepresents and somtimes councelling may help. depression is an illness that affects everyone at one time or another, if you have it please visit your doctor.
im not trying to stop you helping ppl as i said before, but you must be aware of what you say.

Namaste

With all due respect, anti depressants??? Please explain the advantage of these, beyond simply masking the pain. These are dished out like candy to anyone these days. Does it still figure to dig deep and pass through the pain or are we simply encouraged to avoid pain at all costs? Please, I am really wanting some understanding aboit this.
Old 30-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Deactivated Account

I agree to some extent with Native Spirit, though I applaud you OP for what you are trying to do here, I hope one day I can do the same and sometimes just talking to people helps you so much.

Now on the topics of antidepressants, I think it's rather a touchy and complicated subject...I took them for 14 years and as I am sure there are some who may be helped by them, also I think most people who take them could be better off with other kind of treatment. If they had worked for me so well I wouldn't have made the decision of getting off them, I feel practically the same, in my case they didn't even "mask the pain", they just didn't work I guess. I think the best way is getting to the root of the problem and learning tools which may help you in dealing with your issues and the feelings which can be overwhelming at times. Like I said it is a touchy subject and no way I am trying to give medical advice though by my experience with it maybe they should give me a diploma in psychiatry! haha But kidding aside I am no professional, so take my words with a grain of salt and they come from my many years experience with this.

I guess it all depends on the individual and their own problems, maybe try counselling but don't go instantly for the meds (like it happened for me) then if that fails to have any positive effects consider medication, but I think that if the feelings become unbearable and the thought of ending one's life comes it is best to mix other alternatives with seeing a professional for they are trained and can give someone the tools to work through their problems. But like Buzz I agree that nowadays they are just "dished out like candy" and they are the first resort shrinks take when someone with a problem comes into their practice.

Maybe, big maybe, they are a of help, but before being prescribed them I think it should be well thought about from both parties, with medical tests being performed first and everything.

I still think it is so beautiful OP what you are trying to do here and in my case many times just speaking to a friend has helped me tons in dealing with my own issues. I just think all possibilities should be taken into account, even energies like you talk about...the role these play, including a spiritual ones has been many times overlooked and in some cases could be the answer to an individual's problem.

Last edited by Usako : 30-08-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 30-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Buzz

Big cudos from me as well. I went down traditional and alternative paths in order to handle depression after a trauma and quite frankly most of what is on offer is a placebo at best by supposive proffessionals. They are flying blind as every person has different issues and yet they are keen to invalidate other non traditional areas of help.
It really does come back to 'you are your best doctor'.
Old 30-08-2012, 06:39 AM
I love my Twin Soul

I have to agree with what has been said here about antidepressants. I was put on them for awhile many years ago and I stopped taking them as everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. I worked with horses and my reactions were so slow it was dangerous. I am sure they do a good job sometimes for some people though, but I have always felt that finding the cause of things is better than just covering them up. Of course there are so many things in our lifestyle that can cause them these days. I might not be able to help but at least I will try, even if it is just being a friend for someone, someone to talk too. I am always willing to help if I can. Love and Light to everyone, Clarrie
Old 30-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Buzz.

Antidepresents are affective in a lot of cases and nothing else is needed.but some come with councelling which explores why the person is depressed. a placebo also works in a lot of cases,look into medical history and you will see,
councelling helps the person on a deeper level that a doctor cant get to through, lack of knowledge time , as for masking the pain and cause of depression a councellor explores them things with the client in order for them to heal.

Namaste
Old 30-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Big cudos from me as well. I went down traditional and alternative paths in order to handle depression after a trauma and quite frankly most of what is on offer is a placebo at best by supposive proffessionals. They are flying blind as every person has different issues and yet they are keen to invalidate other non traditional areas of help.
It really does come back to 'you are your best doctor'.

Disagree.

A medic can inform a person of what medication is suited to them, but doesn't force them to take it. Sometime medication is very effective, and in cases where there's a risk of suicide, life saving.

Alternatives are there. A person can see a properly trained psychologist, and on the whole, these professionals are very attuned to individual needs, and benefit their clients greatly.

The strata below that, counseling is an option, and again these professionals are very effective, but greater risk, because basically, anyone can call themselves a counselor... so check they are acredited.

The we come to the spiritual healing, which is completely unregulated, and rife with rip offs and frauds, and often they fill people's heads with really wild ideas and make matters worse.

On this forum, even though there are rules to protect members, people parade as qualified healers, but I can see, by their conduct, the maltreatment which occurs... quack quack
Old 30-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Disagree.

A medic can inform a person of what medication is suited to them, but doesn't force them to take it. Sometime medication is very effective, and in cases where there's a risk of suicide, life saving.

Alternatives are there. A person can see a properly trained psychologist, and on the whole, these professionals are very attuned to individual needs, and benefit their clients greatly.

The strata below that, counseling is an option, and again these professionals are very effective, but greater risk, because basically, anyone can call themselves a counselor... so check they are acredited.

The we come to the spiritual healing, which is completely unregulated, and rife with rip offs and frauds, and often they fill people's heads with really wild ideas and make matters worse.

On this forum, even though there are rules to protect members, people parade as qualified healers, but I can see, by their conduct, the maltreatment which occurs... quack quack

Yeah well. Take your pick, a medical profession overly keen to peddle drugs as the alternatives to confronting mental health are too much like hard work or take your chances with witch doctors and shamen......welcome to the 21st century where we spend more money on killing people then curing them!!!!
Old 30-08-2012, 10:44 AM
thinkthinkthink

Question jenny

Hi there!
Do you know how to cleanse a home? I was happy hear once so I don't think it has anything to do with what you described. My life has been all over the place recently and I feel heavy and stuck. I am sad but optimistic that everything will get better, iv been in dark places before, much worse that what's been happening recently so I know it will get better (I just wish the light would hurry up! Lol) what I would like to know is how could I cleanse my home and soul and get a 'fresh' feeling back into my life. It would help so much.

Thank you
Old 30-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Sungirl

just my opinion here,

Although for many years I was totally against anti-depressants I think they do have a place. If someone is so deep that they are in danger of hurting themselves then a short course coupled with other treatment could be a start. I haven't taken them, although I was given diazapam at one point and it made me feel awful. I think I took it twice.

I now used my small knowledge of brain chemistry to work with vitamins and other supplements and find it very effective. Yes I still have dark times, but they are not as dark as they have been.

I have had counseling and at the time it worked wonders for me. The change that guy made to my life was immense!! A lot of wounds were healed in those weeks.

I also saw another one that although she had good tools was not happy to work in a way that I felt suitable as she only wanted to deal with the symptoms of my problems and not dig deeper into the reasons behind them.

I now find I know enough about my own mental health that qualified councillors aren't right for me any more. When I saw the last one I saw (who was newly qualified admittedly) I was seeing what needed doing before she did so I called it off. I also consider myself advanced enough spiritually that I need to work on a much deeper level.

This is where spiritual/energy healing has come in for me. This has taken a long time but has stripped away a lot of the wounds of the past. I have dug deeper than I ever did with the councilors and made more progress too. I am a different person because of the work I have done on this level.

For me it's about looking at what is out there, trying anything that you can afford and seeing what works. You have to be discerning and be honest about whether something is helping, making things worse or enabling a continuation of the problems. If possible get referrals from other people to find someone that you trust rather than a charleton.

I realise that when you are in a really bad place it's hard to have the
strength to do all of this, and this may be where the short course of anti-depressants comes in, enough head space to look at your options.

As for the OP... I agree, being in bad energies can really drag you down. For me it's being forced to be around negative people where I work, but in the past I have seen a house trigger serious mental problems and when the house was cleared (without the person suffering knowing) they got a lot better. My last house also caused me a lot of problems.

Depression is caused by so many different things, it is impossible to make a "1 size fits all" answer, so we have to take back our power and seek our own answers. I'm still working on mine but I am determined that one winter I will get through with all my tools in place, without the anxiety and depression that SAD brings for me.
Old 30-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love my Twin Soul
I might not be able to help but at least I will try, even if it is just being a friend for someone, someone to talk too. I am always willing to help if I can. Love and Light to everyone, Clarrie

Like I said I applaud you for what you are doing, one of my biggest motivations into changing myself is not only for my own sake, but I'd like to be able to help and inspire others with the things I've gone through...I still have a looooong way to go though. So don't be surprised if one of these days you end up receiving a PM from me! I surely could have used the help a couple of weeks ago...it was a scary moment...luckily things are much better now, I wish this thread had been created then! hahaha
Keep it up!!