Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
Matthew 7:21-23 ESV

That's another one of my favorites regarding "the one who does the will of my Father".

I often use the phrase from the Lord's prayer, "Thy Will Be Done", since I never know what is in the best interests of others. Therefore, I use the "They Will Be Done" prayer and leave it in the hands of the Lord to determine what is best.
Old 18-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Master
Mark 8:36 King James Version (KJV)

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Old 18-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Master

my favorite:

Mathew 11:25

At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children
Old 18-09-2018, 10:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That's another one of my favorites regarding "the one who does the will of my Father".

I often use the phrase from the Lord's prayer, "Thy Will Be Done", since I never know what is in the best interests of others. Therefore, I use the "They Will Be Done" prayer and leave it in the hands of the Lord to determine what is best.

yeah i have the same problem about not knowing what is best
Old 19-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Master

I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6 ESV
Old 20-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Master

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luke 15:26
Old 20-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah i have the same problem about not knowing what is best

I resolved the problem about not knowing what is best in accordance with the "Thy Will Be Done" principle by stilling the mind and LISTENING. Then, intuitively, the right course of action becomes clear and it guides one unerringly.

It took a leap of faith initially but, as the results were unerringly positive, the faith turned to confidence which turned into trust which culminated in complete surrender to the Divine Will expressed in the Silence.

Therefore, instead of praising and thanking and petitioning as many do, I simply still the mind and listen. How can one know the will of the Father if one is always talking?
Old 20-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
my favorite:

Mathew 11:25

At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children

It is amazing how the scholars and learned ones are blinded to the Truth by their own "knowledge". It is wisely said, "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God."

Very good insightful quote on the plight of the scholarly. I understand this well since, having been a Phi Beta Kappa, it was my intelligence and scholarly demeanor that once blinded me to the pure simple Truth.
Old 21-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It is amazing how the scholars and learned ones are blinded to the Truth by their own "knowledge". It is wisely said, "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God."

Very good insightful quote on the plight of the scholarly. I understand this well since, having been a Phi Beta Kappa, it was my intelligence and scholarly demeanor that once blinded me to the pure simple Truth.

more often than not, one's 'own knowledge' turns into something like seeing whatever it is you've decided you want to see. This gets even worse when you try to have a common sharing of what there is to see like the scientists and educators do.

but personally I'm just as happy that god made it so that all the people who are forever being mean to the rest of us don't have a clue as to how things really work... this would be unbearable if they got to both be mean and have true knowledge of how to do things.
Old 21-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Master

I'm liking mathew 11 right now:

15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.
16 “To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
17 “ ‘We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’
19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”