Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Master
Clinging to life and the experiences we've had. Along with the people we love. Its is easy to understand why the fear of death. It is also easy to understand death as a way of escaping.
Old 19-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki
Why are people afraid of death? Honestly this i do not understand.

I would like to hear others view on it :)
The common view of modern secularists is that this life is all that is.

Death means annihilation.

No wonder it creates fear.
Old 20-09-2018, 02:45 AM
Knower

I am afraid of death. But not because I'm afraid of what happens when we die, I'm afraid it will be too soon... that I will not be able to fulfill me while I'm here.

I also grieve for the people who will grieve for me.

:-(
Old 20-09-2018, 04:00 AM
Knower

Well I personally think we can credit religions for scaring the heck of people about death. Hell or Heaven? Where is your name in the book? Sorry I am not believing I will be judged, found guilty or innocent and sentenced by someone I am told cares more for me than my earthly father does. That is such hogwash or should I say propaganda.

Personally I believe Heaven and Hell are right here on earth. People say how can I believe that as it contradicts the bible. I tell them show me where in the bible it contradicts that. There are more places in the scriptures in my opinion supporting that than there are contradicting that.

I don't believe in a punishing God especially when he gave us total free will. That would be quite the cruel joke God played on us if he was laughing in Heaven ready to crack the whip on us for screwing up and not doing what he wanted us to do. He gave us free will but if we choose our own will rather than his will then he will drop kick us down to Hell. Sorry Charlie isn't biting that hook, line and sinker.

Read the book of JOB and see what Job realized brought his woes upon his life. It wasn't God punishing him.

Our physical body dies but our spirit/soul our true being passes on into another plane or place. Yes I also believe in reincarnation. I have known several people that in this life have experienced things from a past life that they can not even explain how they knew someone or someplace they never knew or been to in this lifetime.

I do believe the governments and elite powers have kept us totally in the dark as to our reality and true natures. People are so much like the walking dead it isn't even funny. I believe we are seeing a raise in consciousness about our true realities. Like the bible says once the truth is known there is no turning back to believing in lies.

It is easier to fool a person than it is to convince him he has been fooled. Albert Einstein.
People are so brainwashed into believing the lies that it is almost impossible to even have someone listen to the enlightened ones.

I totally believe if Christ was alive today he again would be crucified for blaspheming God and be called a false prophet. If you ever want to get rid of a bible thumper trying to save you then just tell them you are New Age. They will be gone before you know it. Funny thing is religion and those in power want the people to believe New Age is satanic false teaching yet they have no idea other than what they are told to believe about New Age. Christ taught New Age if they would do a little research into it.

I am not afraid of dying but fear of the unknown is always great. Just like losing a job causes us fear of our unknown future which we wonder will we be ready to handle it. Will I actually be met by loved ones that passed before me? I don't believe I will be floating around on clouds nor burning up in Hell. Life/spirit I believe goes on. I just don't know where or how my next life will be. Not to many have died, were buried, and then came back to tell about it.
Old 26-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Knower
Religions certainly have done a great job in scaring the living daylights out of people when it comes to the physical body no longer functioning. I have tried the religious thing in the past, went to a few different churches, but it didn't feel right with me. Some of these people were happy to be "saved" even if those they loved were "going to hell" it was such an "I'm alright jack" attitude.
The idea of dying still scares me though such as what if there is nothing? Ugh! Horrible! Though I don't think the Big Nothing is really the case.
What if the afterlife is boring? What if there is nothing to do but sit around. No music, no art, but just being some floating thing, until I get reincarnated, and then to what kind of existence? Then, if parallel universes really exists, is it possible to be reincarnated in one? Is it always in this universe?
Old 26-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Anyone here ever studied to become a Death Doula? I'm looking into training now.
Old 27-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Experiencer

"Dying" can be painful but "death" is wonderful because it's really rebirth. No matter how painful or horrid dying might be, the wonder and beauty of "death" is so magnificent how one dies doesn't matter in the least when we "cross over". When I had my heart attack the pain was intolerable, yet I had no choice but endure it. When I "died" it was so wonderful I can't even express it in words. When I came back into my body I again had that horrible pain, just as intense...but it meant nothing. Lol, it was almost like..."oh, shoot...here I am again. Why?".

I'm not the least bit concerned about how I "die" next time. Although I'd never do anything drastic to bring it on I'm anxious to leave this life and hope I won't be here too much longer.
Old 28-09-2018, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator
No I am not afraid of "death" and that's honest truth.
I am a bit afraid of what goes between here and "death" though (i.e. illness/old age and not being able to move etc!) I am a wuss I have to admit!
I do think it's life which is more scary.
Old 28-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Administrator
I am not afraid of death to me its a release from all the stress and illness that life brings. life is not easy it can be cruel. to me life on earth I will be glad to leave behind. I remember being born and not wanting to come back into this life. pain is not something im afraid of after 34 operations and there will be more to come. its what my life has been all about.
some people sail through life with nothing much happening to them others no nothing but pain struggle and what life throws at you.
life isn't fair and it can be ugly but we try to make the best of what we have got. as long as you are true to yourself. help others as best as you can you will pass knowing you did the best you could.
a lot of people are scared of dying but without death there can be no life.

Namaste
Old 28-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
The common view of modern secularists is that this life is all that is.

Death means annihilation.

No wonder it creates fear.

I think it was Bertrand Russell who, when asked if he was afraid to die replied 'No, I wasn't alive during the first 13 billion years of the universe so I'll quickly get used to it again' - or something in that vein.

Russell was a convinced atheist.