Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Suspended
Guide
How do I pray for myself?

ive always been a believer of God. I recently started to believe in the Lord and Jesus even more deeply and intimatelym

I want to pray for myself. I want to become a better person, the best me I can be.

How can I pray? What should I pray for?

Because I dont want to be put through trials anymore..i just want to grow.
Thanks. Be well
Old 22-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
ive always been a believer of God. I recently started to believe in the Lord and Jesus even more deeply and intimatelym

I want to pray for myself. I want to become a better person, the best me I can be.

Thanks. Be well
If your soul/self includes others(the Family of God) the prayer would be in a host type request. One can also pray in a meditative fashion I believe. It will get that way that those of a kingdom will just need to think in the direction of the enemy and things happen. This is considered growth to a people within people's.
That's the thing about free will and consequences one might ask(in silence) like knowing the will of God for instance. Asking to be taught of God which is in the WaiRua/Spirit of it's children. Their Mother is justified because of her children. We got this! You will certainly find the continuous spiritual growth you desire I suspect. Let things flow naturally.
Old 22-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Thanks. Be well

Just use common sense. The following are examples of good prayers imo.

'God, please help me to succeed. Help me to make good choices. Help me to find wisdom, and to live wisely. Help me to have faith in You and in Your love for me. Please bless my life and my future. Help me to be a blessing to others. Help me to find the right job, and the right partner. Help me to love myself and others well. Amen.'

I hope this helps.
Old 22-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Master

Before you speak to God in prayer perhaps it would be a good idea to listen to what God has to say to you. You can do this by reading the Bible. As you read ask God to help you understand what he is saying to you. The Bible contains prayers that others have made. Pay special attention to them, because they will help you to know what kind of prayers you should make.

You ended your post by saying you don't want to go through any more trials but just to grow. Sometimes God helps us grow through the trials he sends into our lives. When you face a trial ask God what he is trying to teach you. The more quickly you learn the more quickly the trial will end.
Old 22-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Suspended
Master
M. Tesla be careful because the God some people speak is actually their God that sends great delusions in their empty words. As for my God it allowed the trials and tribulations to happen to His people because of their disobedience in their youth as a nation. Be STRONG if trials continue to come your way and know when you have conquered them and have endured the struggle you will and already are well equipped to turn and help other spiritual family members that are going through similar issues. I personally use YHWH in prayer and will end sometimes with in the name of Yeshua. It all depends what I require I also use the name AHIYAH which is the name given to Moses when he asked "who shall I say sent me?" but is usually spelled Eh YeH. I have even asked when reading about Abraham(or what ever figure) to see it through their eyes. You could be waiting for years, that obviously teaches you patience. All the best in your return journey and stay blessed in the name of Yeshua.
Old 22-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
M. Tesla be careful because the God some people speak is actually their God that sends great delusions in their empty words. As for my God it allowed the trials and tribulations to happen to His people because of their disobedience in their youth as a nation. Be STRONG if trials continue to come your way and know when you have conquered them and have endured the struggle you will and already are well equipped to turn and help other spiritual family members that are going through similar issues. I personally use YHWH in prayer and will end sometimes with in the name of Yeshua. It all depends what I require I also use the name AHIYAH which is the name given to Moses when he asked "who shall I say sent me?" but is usually spelled Eh YeH. I have even asked when reading about Abraham(or what ever figure) to see it through their eyes. You could be waiting for years, that obviously teaches you patience. All the best in your return journey and stay blessed in the name of Yeshua.
Thank you dear soul family. Thanks for everything. I can tell ive net a soul brother in you, without a doubt
Old 22-08-2018, 09:29 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Thank you dear soul family. Thanks for everything. I can tell ive net a soul brother in you, without a doubt
The spiritual experience you had before you posted this is what you will seek in other people. Sometimes you will have to influence them to become those people and other times you will be reacquainted with spiritual family members just remember that they are in every religion/culture/nation etc. keep in mind that some are in a spiritual slumber. My suggestion when you're upto it is to speak truth to them that are asleep and expect some kind of rebellion but just move on. You will gain many in your travels because everything will get easier once the enemy realises the outcome. They know already.
I bless the people of a particular Kingdom. The thing about sending a Blessing is that according to me there's also a guardian curse to keep the enemy at bay but the thing is that it can also affect an enemy from within and depends on the intent of the person. This is the reason why one does not bless the enemy which is out of sympathy for the enemy. Their own feeble mind is what destroys them. As for the blessedness of the Kingdom dwellers their minds are trained on their inhabitants. Just remember I will return at a later date in that Kingdom. I've just got to give back a gift that was given to the scattered among the nations. That's not your concern but it is for the selected ones. Seek those that are like minded and watch the tree of life flourish within you. Arohanui blessed Soul.
Old 23-08-2018, 04:30 AM
Master
Selfless prayer is quite difficult, because it also entails surrender to the Divine Will.

God already knows what we need, what is best for us, but often we don't see that... don't understand the lessons or the teachings in certain situations.

I will sometimes pray; "My dear Lord...You already know what is in my heart...The words on my lips before I even begin praying to you. Please grant me the strength to get through these trials...please let me be aware that you are always with me no matter what. I would much prefer it if things could be the way I want, but I also realise that it is your will that must be done here, so if you can change these circumstances through your mercy and grace, I will really appreciate it...but if not, I will also understand and appreciate it as well...I leave it in your hands... amen"
Old 23-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

Thanks. Be well

God hears your prayers before you even say one word. Ask God to show you what the best version of you looks like. Then you'll see.
Old 23-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH

There are no other gods but God. To state that "your God" is not "their God" is not sound doctrine.