Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2007, 02:04 AM
evatini

Angel1 What does this mean?

Hi everyone!

I hope I am writing this in the right area. My mother would always tell me stories about how my Grandmother has a Th sense. My Grandmother was able to speak to spirits & they would ask her for help. I know my own mother would not lie to me, so I, believe her.

Since as long as I can remember, I have always been able to feel peoples energy. I get STRONG vibes from people ... & when I am walking down the street I feel so much energy, it's sometimes overwhelming. I get really strong bad vibes from certain people, & I definitely try to stay away from them ... is that wrong? Also, don't know what this means... but when I am walking around outside, I can sometimes feel/hear the static of someone watching a television in their house (even though I am outside & can't see what they are doing)

When I used to live at my old place, if I was alone, & sitting downstairs, I would always have a strong feeling someone was standing behind me, an eerie feeling.

Can someone help me out, what does this mean? Did I maybe get a little bit of my Grandmothers Th sense? Is there anyway I can work on it? Heighten it somehow?

Thank you
Evelyn
xx
Old 16-02-2007, 02:29 AM
ljepotica

Hey evatini,

Firstly the thing you describe about getting strong vibes of off people are all classic symptoms of being an EMPATH...
I'm also an empath and have what you have. Basically Empaths feel what others feel and considering that you're an empath you have to learn to protect yourself...

As for your grandmother speaking to spirits, my grandfather was an excorcist and although I don't have the same ability I am very sensitive to spirits and so understand completely where you're coming from:)

The best thing you can do is meditate-that is how I developed my Mediumship skills-and by meditate I mean meditate in a way you feel comfortable and like-I mean I still cannot meditate the way a number of people can on this forum and really wish I could-but just like relaxing different people have different ways of meditating...

Also go with your instinct and intuition-if you feel like doing something then do it-let go of logic or reasoning-they will hinder you a great deal...go with your gut instinct or feelings...

Notice any repetitive dreams or symbols or signs and pay attention to them:)

I'm glad that you came to this site as there are many brilliant people that will give you invaluable advice:)

We will help you along your way here so please do not feel as if you're asking a silly question as we all have to begin somewhere-don't forget I was also in your place once:)

Welcome to this site and welome to this family-I hope you get the answers you're looking for here:)

I would like to help you further and so if you have any more quesions then please pm me:)

I send you lots of love, positivity and angels blessings,

Love S xxxx
Old 16-02-2007, 02:51 AM
kundalini

Hi Evelyn,

As ljepotica said above, you have empathic powers. It is not wrong to stay away from certain people if they are giving off bad vibes although if you find that you are attracting them into your life, it may be an idea to see what lesson they are teaching you on a higher level or what it is that they may be mirroring which is within yourself.

Meditation is the best thing if you would like to develop your extrasensory powers and reading up on the Chakras may also be a good idea as it will provide you with the structure of your auric bodies and chakra system.

There are also certain crystals available which will provide protection from bad vibes, especially one called Black Tourmaline which deflects negative energies.

Lastly, I do believe that you will find a wealth of information on this site about psychic and spiritual development and of course, please feel free to ask members about anything that you wish.

Good luck to you in your search,

Kundalini.
Old 16-02-2007, 02:54 AM
evatini

Thank you for the reply. I am very happy to know that there are others who are feeling/felt the same as I feel/felt. I really don't feel silly about Empath, I think it's a gift, that I am grateful to have learned that I do have. I will definitely do all I can to work on it.

I do want to start to learn how to meditate. Do you, or anybody know of any good books on how to start meditating? Thank you for the warm welcome, I am very happy to be a part of this 'family'

Much love.
Old 16-02-2007, 03:00 AM
evatini

Kundalini,

When I was in Europe a long time ago, I bought my sister a crystal that is supposed to keep bad spirits away. (My sister as well experiences what I experience, but just not as much as I do) I should definitely go out and get one for myself.

Thank you.
Old 16-02-2007, 03:03 AM
kundalini

Hi Evelyn,

There are many books on meditation and you will be able to pick one up either from a bookstore or a library with ease. However, there is a very easy preliminary exercise that prepares one for meditation and this is as follows:

1. Sit comfortably and somewhere where you will not be disturbed.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Now begin to breath deeply in and out.
4. On your in-breath, breath to the count of 5.
5. On your out-breath, breath to the count of 5.
6. Continue to do this for the rest of the session but whilst you do, really focus as the air rushes in and out.

In further sessions, you can of course continue to heighten the count or lower the count to suit your tastes but it provides good discipline for when you do proper meditation.

EDIT: Well, if you do feel overwhelmed by energies, I really do suggest Black Tourmaline as a purchase.

Kundalini.
Old 16-02-2007, 03:04 AM
evatini

Thank you, Kundalini. I will definitely give that a try, later on tonight.
Closed Thread