Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Pathfinder

Dimensions and Consciousness

This might sound weird, but what's the thing with those dimensions? Can someone explain please? Are they all overlapping (overlaying) like onion's layers? Or are they elsewhere located? I read about higher dimensional or higher consciousness beings. So where do they reside? Are they overlapping with our reality or do they reside somewhere else?

Also, when we die and pass over, where would we go? Would it be a parallel Universe?

I assume 3D are (width, length, height as XYZ), 4D would add time, am I right? What about higher dimensions? What is the maximum possible dimension? What about maximum consciousness level? Can someone explain these consciousness levels as well please, what do they mean?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Master

We may call these dimensions by different names. I usually consider them as levels or planes of consciousness. My thinking is based on Theosophy/Alice Bailey.

These planes of consciousness all occupy the same space, so to speak, but they have different frequencies. We only have conscious access to a limited range of these frequencies, so most of us are only aware of the worlds of form. Those with higher levels of consciousness have access to a greater range of frequencies.

Some diagrams display these different planes as layers in a vertical stack, with the slowest frequencies at the bottom and the fastest at the top. This is just a way to help us understand the different planes - it does not mean that Creation is layered vertically. The spiritual journey is not a journey upwards but is more a journey within.

So higher Beings reside on higher planes which are in the same space as our reality but on a totally different frequency. When we die, I believe that our immediate destination is somewhere on the Astral plane at a level which matches our own vibration or frequency. Again, this is not above our reality but occupies the same space.

As for maximum dimensions and maximum consciousness level, who knows. I certainly don't.

Peace.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:24 AM
Master
'Dimension' is a terms used to refer to a 'place' other than the (local) space-time continuum. In general they are in other parts of reality.

For the most part, they are not truly disconnected from one another. So labeling them separately is mostly a matter of practicality.

Usually a dimension is a continuous part of reality with similar properties. For example, the space-time continuum (AKA Earth plane) is an expanse of 3 spatial and 1 time dimension with the same laws of physics throughout.

It can get a bit confusing as the space-time continuum has parallel timelines. Technically they are all part of the same 'space' though one can see them as a bunch of parallel (time) dimensions.

So, some are overlapping, some are adjacent, some are distant from one another.

[advanced] Dimensions only properly refers to places where there is space, time, or some other form of inherent structure laid out in a grid like fashion.
[advanced] The term 'realms' is not quite a synonym for dimensions. By convention it tends to refer to other places very different in nature than the space-time continuum.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
'Dimension' is a terms used to refer to a 'place' other than the (local) space-time continuum. In general they are in other parts of reality.

For the most part, they are not truly disconnected from one another. So labeling them separately is mostly a matter of practicality.

Yes, we could consider them all as a continuum of frequencies. Any divisions into separate planes may seem arbitrary, but in the esoteric traditions of Theosophy there are good reasons to consider them as separate. And having different names for the planes does help when trying to discuss them.

Peace
Old 12-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude
This might sound weird, but what's the thing with those dimensions? Can someone explain please? Are they all overlapping (overlaying) like onion's layers? Or are they elsewhere located? I read about higher dimensional or higher consciousness beings. So where do they reside? Are they overlapping with our reality or do they reside somewhere else?

Also, when we die and pass over, where would we go? Would it be a parallel Universe?

I assume 3D are (width, length, height as XYZ), 4D would add time, am I right? What about higher dimensions? What is the maximum possible dimension? What about maximum consciousness level? Can someone explain these consciousness levels as well please, what do they mean?

Thanks
What happens with a rainbow and white light? When you understand this it all makes sense. All the colours of the rainbow exist within the rainbow itself but under certain conditions, there are different colours or frequencies. The whole rainbow is made up of all of those frequencies and if the rainbow was just white light it wouldn't exist. That has parallels with Spirituality and consciousness.

A 'certain condition' is the lens of our perception as people refract light - All That Is - into different frequencies such as Spiritual, non-Spiritual, religious, good, bad....

High-dimensional existence is air, low-dimensional is the steam from the kettle and while we can't see the higher dimensional air/everything - but we know it's there, we can see the steam. The air and the steam exists within the same space and the only real difference is the frequency their particles vibrate at. Really though, 'high' and 'low' are meaningless when everything exists in the same space.

There are many theories as to how many dimensions there are. Mathematics can model ten dimensions but some say there are an infinite number. Science also says that there are parallel Universes and each with ten dimensions each, or is that the other way around? I've been 'told' there are twelve, currently at least.

The main issue in understanding this from a Spiritual perspective is that often the relationship between energy and consciousness is completely forgotten. Our energies (matter at the quantum level) are resonating with 4D frequencies because we are conscious of the passage of time. Because we're on this planet our frequencies resonate at around the same frequency as the earth, if they were much higher then we wouldn't be able to stand on the floor.

If you can get your head around it, this explains it all and if you can make the leap it also helps the understanding Spiritually-ways - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa4JkgKDaR0

Consciousness levels are ego, basically, because there are no real objective ways to determine what level consciousness is on. Levels have been compared against but who comes up with the criteria for the levels in the first place? Every guru and his cat has a different idea on what 5D consciousness actually is but if you think about it, if we did have 5D consciousness we'd be able to time travel because 4D time would be another component of that dimension in the way XYZ is to 3D.
Old 30-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Guide
The physical dimension is characterized by occupying space and time. Space and time are intimately connected as you cannot have one without the other. They are part of the same experience.
Thing such as length and width are simply measurements of space, they are not dimensions unto themselves.

When speaking in spiritual terms, higher dimensions have more to do with awareness than anything relatable physically. Though there are analogous to wavelengths and frequencies as levels of perception.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Guide
This is one of my difficulties, using the word dimension, which is a mathematical term, to describe something non-mathematical. The difficulty is that anyone can use that word any way they want and it leaves a lot of miscommunication and misunderstanding. There are science terms that are misused this way as well. I am not saying everyone needs to be a mathematician or scientist, what I am saying is that if a word has a definition in the dictionary use that definition. It makes for much clearer communication. For example, the 1st dimension in math is a single point, the second dimension is a line, the third dimension is a sphere, cube or any other object with height, width and depth. The fourth dimension is time but can be construed as movement of the object through space. The fifth dimension is considered an abstraction, but it can be interpreted as beyond time and space. Some scientists think there can only be 10 dimensions, but that sounds crazy to me. There are mathematicians exploring dimensions beyond 5th and that is where we will get faster than light travel, and teleportation. As for beings that "live" in a dimension beyond 5th, I know we exist there as well as "here" but it is difficult to really describe what I know and how because I am in a human body on planet earth.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We may call these dimensions by different names. I usually consider them as levels or planes of consciousness. My thinking is based on Theosophy/Alice Bailey.

These planes of consciousness all occupy the same space, so to speak, but they have different frequencies. We only have conscious access to a limited range of these frequencies, so most of us are only aware of the worlds of form. Those with higher levels of consciousness have access to a greater range of frequencies.

Some diagrams display these different planes as layers in a vertical stack, with the slowest frequencies at the bottom and the fastest at the top. This is just a way to help us understand the different planes - it does not mean that Creation is layered vertically. The spiritual journey is not a journey upwards but is more a journey within.

So higher Beings reside on higher planes which are in the same space as our reality but on a totally different frequency. When we die, I believe that our immediate destination is somewhere on the Astral plane at a level which matches our own vibration or frequency. Again, this is not above our reality but occupies the same space.

As for maximum dimensions and maximum consciousness level, who knows. I certainly don't.

Peace.

I can align myself with this
Old 02-04-2019, 01:12 AM
Master
In the Sanskrit terminology dimensions are called lokas. Every chakra is a loka. In the human experience we live in the root chakra loka which is this 3-dimensional world of Nature. When we dream or go into altered states we enter into other dimensions - but even in ordinary reality we coexist in different dimensions at once. And you know this - sitting on a chair (root chakra) mind is somewhere else, emotions are somewhere else...
Old 02-04-2019, 03:28 AM
My goodness....every post is excellent!

iamthat....can you relate to a fan image?
You have 'Off'...hahaha...that's us, here....pretty slow and dense....then Medium...
then 'High" ...the blades are so fast they can't really be seen...they are as 'here' as 'Off and Low"....but at a higher speed.

So right here we have all the 'dimensions': Off, L, M and High.
They can slow down and be seen or 'dwell' in a higher speed (frequency).

Right next to us at this moment are spirits and angels and guides, Jesus and God, Himself....they are just on 'High' speed.
LOL, Sit in meditation and take the inner Journey to see them all!
It's all about 'seeing'...perception...tuning in to the Frequency they dwell in ...'right here'!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru