Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 28-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Guide

Film/TV Locations in your Neighborhood?

I just thought I would share this because I think it is really neat. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. In the four years I have lived here I have come across a few TV sets being filmed. Has any one else watched a tv show or film be shot nearby? I would love to hear stories.

Anyways, here are the tv shows I have stumbled upon:

Right now The Handmaid's Tale is being filmed on my university campus. All the handmaids are walking around in their red capes and white bonnets and lots of people are pretty excited! I have read the book and watch the series, so this is pretty awesome for me.

A couple years ago I was walking on the main street in my city and noticed there was filming taking place. Security was everywhere and people were gathered around to watch. I had headphones in and somehow walked right through it all and ended up on the set and asked a man holding a brief case what was going on and he gave me a weird look. Then security came and told me where to go if I wanted to watch. This was for the series American Gods. The guy with the brief case was one of the extras. Lol.

I also was walking downtown in my city one day and stopped to watch the Canadian tv show Murdoch Mysteries being filmed.

Last summer I was hiking near a waterfall and came across a plane wreckage scene for a Canadian tv show but I forget what the show was called. All the actors were on break so only security was around. But it was cool to stumble across the set in the middle of a hiking trail.
Old 29-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Master
I grew up in a small town in Surrey BC where nothing much ever happened, other than occasional filming of Smallville (a tv show about Superman from the early 2000s or so). so I saw that happening every now and again. I currently live on Vancouver Island and I've seen them filming some tv show a couple times, I honestly can't even remember the name of it. Never been near the filming of any big movies or anything though. They were recently doing some filming for the new sonic the hedgehog movie in one of the small towns nearby, but I didn't witness it myself.
Old 29-11-2018, 01:24 AM
Master
Clio 86, there has never been a movie made in the tiny town where I
live. But,... the town puts up these beautiful old fashioned lights during the holidays and it looks like, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I think our tiny town is a hidden gem.
Old 29-11-2018, 01:51 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
I grew up in a small town in Surrey BC where nothing much ever happened, other than occasional filming of Smallville (a tv show about Superman from the early 2000s or so). so I saw that happening every now and again. I currently live on Vancouver Island and I've seen them filming some tv show a couple times, I honestly can't even remember the name of it. Never been near the filming of any big movies or anything though. They were recently doing some filming for the new sonic the hedgehog movie in one of the small towns nearby, but I didn't witness it myself.

I definitely remember the Smallville tv series! Also Kristin Kreuk and her Neutrogena advertisements! That was definitely a huge tv series!

I grew up on Vancouver Island. I moved before Smallville became popular though. I wish I still lived there. I'm jealous of you for sure. The West Coast is so beautiful.
Old 29-11-2018, 02:00 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Clio 86, there has never been a movie made in the tiny town where I live. But,... the town puts up these beautiful old fashioned lights during the holidays and it looks like, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I think our tiny town is a hidden gem.

It takes one person to travel through and notice the charm of your town. Then, your town is the set of a major film. LOL.

Your description sounds lovely. Especially now, during the holiday season.
Old 30-11-2018, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
It takes one person to travel through and notice the charm of your town. Then, your town is the set of a major film. LOL.

Your description sounds lovely. Especially now, during the holiday season.

Thank you, it is and we are expecting snow in the next couple of days!

Each season has a point of beauty! I feel blessed to live here! Truly blessed!