Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 24-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Master
Lightbulb Prediction Practice Readings

I thought it would be fun and useful if we started a thread where people do readings and then check on the accuracy of the reading, as an interesting learning forum.

The readings can be about anything, however, they must be about something that will or will not occur within a week. No fluffy readings that may take months to pass, and they must be able to be confirmed within a week.

For example a sports result, or something from the news (waiting on the result of an election for example), or something the reader is waiting to happen within a week (someone coming to visit, receiving news, will I go out to dinner tonight, etc).

Then within a week the reader can post their feedback as to the accuracy of their reading, why they feel it was accurate, wasn't accurate, etc. People can use whatever method they want and whatever cards they wish. Other's can add their opinions, views, etc to help the reader if they wish, so it becomes a discussion as well.

I'll start if off and see how we go.

"Will we receive a letter from the Council by the end of this week?"

Rider Waite, using reversals.

3 of Swords, King of Pentacles.

I'll take this as a yes we will receive a letter, but it won't be what we want to hear, it will be bad news that is disappointing and not what we want to hear.

The King of Pentacles I'm thinking may be someone high up in the council (the way the King is sitting there on his throne, all high and mighty with the sceptre in his hand - plus the letter we're waiting for is regarding property, which I think the King of Pentacles embodies), so I think the letter will be from someone high up in council who has reviewed the matter.

I'll let everyone know what transpires and if we get the letter by Friday.
Old 24-11-2015, 11:08 PM
55Degrees

I'll play.
Will my car pass it's MOT test this week.

Darkana Tarot
9 of Pents, 8 of Swords, Lovers

This is saying 'yes' to me.
Having had to put money away for any fails, I'm going to be feeling rather affluent and remain independent (not having to spend the money on major urgent repairs, and not having the car boff the road). 9 of Pents.
However there will be a problem that needs fixing leaving me hanging around for my car to leave the mechanic's.(8 of Swords)
Well, I do have a deep love for my car (AKA Bubbles) and we are meant to be together so I won't be separated from my car for long, we will be reunited quickly (Lovers) yes, I know that sounds pretty sad, but I'd be lost without my wheels
Old 25-11-2015, 01:45 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm in :)

I'll use the Lenormand cards and the question is;
Will I sale my jeep this week?

1st card: 12. Birds, 2nd card: 34. Fish

I interpret this as a yes for the bird says that I will be receiving a communication shortly and the fish indicates its about a transaction or commerce.

In playing cards thats a seven of diamonds and a king of diamonds which are also good money gaining cards :)
Old 26-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiedSnake
I'm in :)

I'll use the Lenormand cards and the question is;
Will I sale my jeep this week?

1st card: 12. Birds, 2nd card: 34. Fish

I interpret this as a yes for the bird says that I will be receiving a communication shortly and the fish indicates its about a transaction or commerce.

In playing cards thats a seven of diamonds and a king of diamonds which are also good money gaining cards :)
Lenormand in action on SF! Oh you beauty you. I hope you know you are welcome on the Tarot (/oracle /lenormand) practice thread anytime :)

What will my mother's reaction be when I tell her I want to move out to a non-shared house?

Oh, this is more positive than expected...

* Fountain Tarot
Sun - 10 of Wands rev - Ace of Coins rev

I think she'll actually be really supportive, and see it as a move that would really unburden me. The Ace of Coins rev is confusing me somewhat, on first thought it seemed to indicate that she'd be worried I couldn't do it, but on second thoughts I'm seeing the hands kind of 'push' the coin downwards... which is towards me as a reader!!!... and wondering if she may actually offer to help pitch in to cover the higher costs of living alone.

I'm planning on talking to her in the next few days... so will update soon

** imagine rightmost card, but reversed - see what I mean about the hands?
Old 27-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
I thought it would be fun and useful if we started a thread where people do readings and then check on the accuracy of the reading, as an interesting learning forum.

The readings can be about anything, however, they must be about something that will or will not occur within a week. No fluffy readings that may take months to pass, and they must be able to be confirmed within a week.

For example a sports result, or something from the news (waiting on the result of an election for example), or something the reader is waiting to happen within a week (someone coming to visit, receiving news, will I go out to dinner tonight, etc).

Then within a week the reader can post their feedback as to the accuracy of their reading, why they feel it was accurate, wasn't accurate, etc. People can use whatever method they want and whatever cards they wish. Other's can add their opinions, views, etc to help the reader if they wish, so it becomes a discussion as well.

I'll start if off and see how we go.

"Will we receive a letter from the Council by the end of this week?"

Rider Waite, using reversals.

3 of Swords, King of Pentacles.

I'll take this as a yes we will receive a letter, but it won't be what we want to hear, it will be bad news that is disappointing.

The King of Pentacles I'm thinking may be someone high up in the council (the way the King is sitting there on his throne, all high and mighty with the sceptre in his hand - plus the letter we're waiting for is regarding property, which I think the King of Pentacles embodies), so I think the letter will be from someone high up in council who has reviewed the matter.

I'll let everyone know what transpires and if we get the letter by Friday.

Bah and humbug! Unfortunately we didn't receive a letter from the council this week.

I can understand the 3 of Swords for disappointment (although I can't say we were looking forward to getting the letter - maybe it turned out to be disappointment because my prediction turned out to be inaccurate. ).

I have absolutely no idea where the King of Pentacles fits in. Unless there is disappointment at not receiving the letter (3 of Swords) because the matter has been referred further up the chain (King of Pentacles).

Never mind ... if at first you don't succeed ...
Old 27-11-2015, 07:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
What will my mother's reaction be when I tell her I want to move out to a non-shared house?

Oh, this is more positive than expected...

* Fountain Tarot
Sun - 10 of Wands rev - Ace of Coins rev

I think she'll actually be really supportive, and see it as a move that would really unburden me. The Ace of Coins rev is confusing me somewhat, on first thought it seemed to indicate that she'd be worried I couldn't do it, but on second thoughts I'm seeing the hands kind of 'push' the coin downwards... which is towards me as a reader!!!... and wondering if she may actually offer to help pitch in to cover the higher costs of living alone.
Spoke to my mother today, this was both correct and not correct.

1st round: Mum exclaims that I can't afford to move out so not even an option (10 of Wands rev? / Ace of Coins rev). She was still positive about things I could try to do in my current home to deal with noise, eg blankets on walls etc (Sun?).

2nd round: After explaining to mum that it actually wouldn't cost much more to move out alone - haha, I must already be on the high end of my price bracket - she then became a lot more supportive and encouraging, 'go for it' type stuff.
Old 27-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Bah and humbug! Unfortunately we didn't receive a letter from the council this week.

I can understand the 3 of Swords for disappointment (although I can't say we were looking forward to getting the letter - maybe it turned out to be disappointment because my prediction turned out to be inaccurate. ).

I have absolutely no idea where the King of Pentacles fits in. Unless there is disappointment at not receiving the letter (3 of Swords) because the matter has been referred further up the chain (King of Pentacles).

Never mind ... if at first you don't succeed ...

In my Fountain Tarot the 3 of Swords is literally 'on ice' and I've started interpreting it as things literally not moving - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/342625484126375764/

Also in Fountain Tarot, the King of Pentacles is encased by boxes, which I've started interpreting as wanting to remain 'boxed in' and keep all resources close, kind of like a kid not wanting to empty their piggy bank - bottom right card!

May not necessarily apply to your case, but when I saw your followup it instantly twigged for me based on the imagery I often use :) (I love Fountain Tarot!)
Old 27-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
In my Fountain Tarot the 3 of Swords is literally 'on ice' and I've started interpreting it as things literally not moving - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/342625484126375764/

Also in Fountain Tarot, the King of Pentacles is encased by boxes, which I've started interpreting as wanting to remain 'boxed in' and keep all resources close, kind of like a kid not wanting to empty their piggy bank - bottom right card!

May not necessarily apply to your case, but when I saw your followup it instantly twigged for me based on the imagery I often use :) (I love Fountain Tarot!)

Oh wow! Awesome! Those cards are beautiful. Thanks for the feedback and tips. What you said makes perfect sense. Thinking about it, there's no movement in either of those cards, so I think you're onto something there.

I realise predictions are tricky anyway, especially "yes" "no" questions, but I thought it might be a fun learning curve to see how various questions pan out with various cards.

You can probably guess I get bored easily and like lots of different things to keep me interested. A big child really!
Old 27-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Newbie ;)

My prediction was only a partial success lol.. I did get communications and even had somebody test drive, but no sale yet.. Maybe I should've pulled another card there is still one more day left though so I'll wait to try another prediction
Old 27-11-2015, 11:49 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I'll play.
Will my car pass it's MOT test this week.

Darkana Tarot
9 of Pents, 8 of Swords, Lovers

This is saying 'yes' to me.
Having had to put money away for any fails, I'm going to be feeling rather affluent and remain independent (not having to spend the money on major urgent repairs, and not having the car boff the road). 9 of Pents.
However there will be a problem that needs fixing leaving me hanging around for my car to leave the mechanic's.(8 of Swords)
Well, I do have a deep love for my car (AKA Bubbles) and we are meant to be together so I won't be separated from my car for long, we will be reunited quickly (Lovers) yes, I know that sounds pretty sad, but I'd be lost without my wheels

MOT passed, I needed a wiper blade and a brake light bulb replaced, (so minor issues).
I was stuck at the garage for an hour, but back home now.