Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 03-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Very insightfull ideas in this thread.I also believe the best way to be in service is to help others in any way suits one it self....So beind in an organization that offers unconditional services is really the best thing you can do in your free time.Also money,as many mention here,is not good or bad....The way we use them makes it the way it reflects to us the positive or negative aspects of the energy it comes back to us.So if someone is very generous from his heart this multiplies and as the Law of Karma says,wonderful things will happen to him.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
a 'person' takes two kinds of form: 1) the individual person and; 2) social person. The individual person is just you a body and mind with distinct features and traits, and the social person is a position in the status quo, like a president or a plumber or a guy on death row. The individual president comes and does a term or two and then he's no longer the president, but the social president is a fixture that the next individual is voted in to fill.

Gem, there's much insight and validity to what you say. And I believe I can add a dimension to "the social person". Where I live (a generally rural region of western Canada, with towns, villages, and scattered homesteads and farms) the individual is also part of a household and/or family, and - as well - usually a functional part of a neighbourhood. Good friends and good neighbours are substantially supportive of one another. I know this to be true also of the situation in some sections of Canadian cities, where people know or are acquainted with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When the undertaking is done to change society, we don't actually set about changing individual people - we change the social person - and hopefully in such a way that the social people become increasingly equal. If we want the death penalty out, we don't eradicate individual people who commit murder, we eradicate the social person 'the condemned man', which is simply a re-write in the law. So - to change the social people, we just write new scripts for them, new organisational structures, new job descriptions, new gender roles and so on - which has been demonstrated by the feminist movement re-writing the social script of females, for example.
What you've described is how we make changes in what's sometimes called "mass society". But change is possible, also, via non-political and non-legally-binding methods by people acting in the less media-visible ways that occur within subcultures, neighbourhoods, etc.

For example, in Canada (and I believe also in the U.S., and elsewhere in the world) if there's been any positive environmental-consciousness shift, it's usually started or been achieved by action at this local or regional level. Sometimes it's a matter of ideas, sometimes of projects.

In my region of the world, women's influence became felt not only through feminist action resulting in political change, but also by involvement in more 'low-key' realms of society.
Old 14-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Pathfinder
Hey young lady desire to change humanity for the better, this is a very normal aspiration and it has gotten humanity to our current place and will bring us further in future. This prompting many share, and we all have our own inner growth to nurture all the while. All humanity has impact in their time here, some start out with such aspirations only to give up on the way mainly they get discouraged or get carried away and can go mad and lock them selves in a ivory tower. So my counsel is you have impact in everyway in each interaction with others and you will always learn and be humbled and amazed by them what ever they are doing is perfect for them and by being you they will be touched some way or another. We all serve one another in this way. On to the quest for a better world, the world I believe is in you, it is how you see life that is your world view and it changes as your perspective heightens. For the most part society and there are many different ones and ones within ones, is like gem shares and Krishnamurti simplifies but I would suggest that forget society and look at humanity and know change happens in the heart and is instant though whether a seed takes root is another matter, most all of what we live by are only ideas which were made by individuals you too can contribute and impact humanity by creating an ideal, see it as being a pioneer and creating a new path. The question of money. I don't want to get into I think the same of it as you have stated the trick would be to look beyond it and build a bridge to cross it so to speak and that has already been done many times in many different ways, so find or make one for you and others to bridge that gap, over the invisible division as you so eloquently put it.
I hope to hear more about your ideas on this enterprise.
Bless your noble heart and thank you for sharing
Old 24-01-2016, 08:24 AM
Seeker
Kindness in all areas of your life, forgiving and understanding is a beautiful way feel connected as our world, needs these courageous acts.
To make the world a better place, better your "own" world first.
Old 21-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Experiencer
Cat I can totally relate to how frustrating it is

to have to work within systems that are arbitrary, dysfunctional, and damaging to human beings and the planet!

It can be very disheartening to be so aware when so many people are not. The trick is using your awareness to your own advantage. In the age of social media it is easy to start a meme. You could be the person with just a single match, but makes an explosion.

Just know that nothing can stop you from blossoming into the beautiful person you are.
Old 22-02-2016, 04:46 AM
Pathfinder
Honestly its so massive ... you cant save the world. And who says it needs saving?

Its the school of life - the earth is super powerful , if we mess with it too much , we will be turfed out :)

But focus on all of the good stuff - in 2014 - the world produced the same pollution as in 2013 - meaning for the first time we didnt increase pollution.

So great change is happening - electric cars , battery powered homes , recycling etc such a great time

Do your bit - use less plastic, preservatives , buy local , send blessings - its all going to be fine , it may be bumpy for the next 10 years however

But if you worry about the earth you resonate with all of the worry

If you trust and love mighty mother earth you support her best!