Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Pathfinder

Descension

Lots of people on the spiritual path have the idea that we grow spiritually from lifetime to lifetime on this steady path of evolution, reincarnating a little higher each lifetime until we finally ascend. In my experience, I feel like I fell in consciousness in this lifetime. So in that case itd be more like snakes and ladders, you rise some lifetimes, fall in others. Or maybe im on a downward journey into darkness. Did my soul choose this or is it an accident?

The way Eckhart Tolle describes it, awakening is a one way process, once it starts it can't be stopped, theres no going back. I would really love to believe this, its hard to believe though cuz I see these areas ive gone back to sleep in. But if im actually aware that ive gone to sleep in these areas, I can't really be sleeping can I.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Knower

I think it's like you said, if you're aware you can't actually be asleep. So even when it seems you've gone backward into sleeping patterns, you haven't. You're able to see this from a new angle perhaps, and have the opportunity to change it, for your highest good.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Deactivated Account
I can relate to this feel. Like for all the steps I am going "upwards" sometimes, I am falling down again almost the same amount. And then have to start all over, or almost.
Like from beginning to "see", I become blind again.
It is utterly frustrating when it happens.
Wish I could reach a state where there is no going back, really.

My best wished to you. May you ascend and awaken.
"Because when you are not happy, it will be raining still."
------------------------------------------------------
No matter who you are, no matter your gender, color of skin, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, music taste or what ever, I fail to see any difference here.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Master

I suggest that spiritual evolution is the evolution of consciousness or the Soul, not the evolution of personality.

Each new personality carries samskaras, or the subtle impressions and tendencies carried over from previous incarnations. So we may incarnate into difficult circumstances which present us with challenges, and our personality may seem ill-equipped to deal with these challenges, but it all provides lessons for the learning of the Soul.

The esoteric tradition states that the spiritual path begins when there is the first conscious connection between Soul and personality. Then follows a long period where identification fluctuates between Soul and personality. At times we identify with Soul and we feel we are making progress, other times we firmly identify with personality and we feel that we have lapsed backwards.

Gradually Soul exerts more and more control over personality and we become a Soul-infused personality. Then our physical experience becomes a more conscious expression of Soul purpose.

Peace.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornonthecusp
I think it's like you said, if you're aware you can't actually be asleep. So even when it seems you've gone backward into sleeping patterns, you haven't. You're able to see this from a new angle perhaps, and have the opportunity to change it, for your highest good.

During an astral projection, or lucid dream, sometimes you fall asleep.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Master

You're right sometimes you go higher sometimes lower because all our lessons are not focused on going higher. We skip around in our incarnations. Sometimes we miss lessons or need further strengthening and have to repeat lessons. And sometimes we have vacation incarnations where we just take time off from lessons and have fun.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:50 AM
Master
There are times when I look back on my life and cringe at things I did or thought decades ago,
and at that time I thought that I was so aware and conscious, when in fact, compared to today
I was in an incredibly unconscious state.

The raising of consciousness is like an ascending spiral, in my opinion, without beginning or end.
There is no start or finish; the process is automatic, and we play maybe a 5% to 10% role in the
journey. In that five to ten percent we can go slow or we can go fast, but regardless, we will go.

I have since learned on my path that awareness is the conscious presence of light; to be enlightened
is to be consciously, and literally, filled with the presence of light. The fabric of that light is overwhelming
unconditional love. The more we are awake the more we see that light and that love in everything.
It is love that stands alone on its’ own by itself, and light that transforms those who can see it.

Reincarnation is an illusion, a play of shadow and light, just like this creation and all that is in it.
It is called an “illusion” because it is illusive, it is impermanent, it is a passing picture show, set up
for us to grow our consciousness and become more aware. Experience is the great teacher.

I don’t believe that we can measure our spiritual progress or the lack thereof; all we can do is try
to emulate what we consider to be pure spiritual principles, values, or qualities. However, once we
have reached a certain degree of awareness it becomes as second nature for us, and we never give
it much thought. It is only when we are not there that we think about being there. An once the door
is opened to a new realm of consciousness there is no going back.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
Lots of people on the spiritual path have the idea that we grow spiritually from lifetime to lifetime on this steady path of evolution, reincarnating a little higher each lifetime until we finally ascend. In my experience, I feel like I fell in consciousness in this lifetime. So in that case itd be more like snakes and ladders, you rise some lifetimes, fall in others. Or maybe im on a downward journey into darkness. Did my soul choose this or is it an accident?

The way Eckhart Tolle describes it, awakening is a one way process, once it starts it can't be stopped, theres no going back. I would really love to believe this, its hard to believe though cuz I see these areas ive gone back to sleep in. But if im actually aware that ive gone to sleep in these areas, I can't really be sleeping can I.

Think of it this way. What you realize, see, learn, whatever word we choose, in this cycle was not seen in the previous. One can also see the length of time it takes to let go. As Tolle implies it's a continuation. This awareness is carried forward in the form of information.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings

If there is such a thing as Life's Purpose or Karmic Obligations, 'descension' really has no place because whatever we're experiencing has been chosen as a Life's Path for Spirit. So, if you are in 'descension' I guess Spirit isn't so smart after all?

Awakening is a one-way process but what it doesn't take into account is mentality, so many use the word 'awakened but few ask what they're awakened to.

We all know that the earth spins on its own axis and that it goes around the sun, but what's not so well known is that the sun is on its own journey through the galaxy. As you sit there in your chair bashing away at the keyboard you're actually spiralling through the Universe at a dizzying rate of knots. We walk in those same spirals and it's literally impossible to be back at Square One, because the consciousness that came from there isn't the one that's back there. If we are back at Square One we're there to learn greater truths with a greater consciousness.

There really is no going back, it's just that you're not awake to the reasons you're there. There is no downward and there is no darkness.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Pathfinder

I see that this descension feeling gives a lot of incentive to let go of the deparate need to get somewhere else and helps shift attention to the here and now.