Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 23-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Knower
Is this channeling?

Hello!

My mother passed away a few years ago and we were and still are very close. I have been on a journey of spiritual awakening since her death and have experienced many things that i would have before thought to be crazy.

Sometimes I will talk to my mom out loud as if she was there and in my head I can hear her voice talking back to me. The advice is always good advice and it picks me up when I am down. The particular thing I notice is that when I hear the responses in my head they always refer to me in the third person, like "Nick, you can do this, you know mom is always here with you." just as an example. I've done this with other loved ones too. How do I know if I am receiving them and that its not just my own thoughts.
Old 23-06-2018, 02:49 AM
Guide

Well, when receiving a message from another being through channeling, I notice some subtle difference in how I usually talk to myself.

1. The information flows easily in a way unique to that person— I’ve written fiction stories before, and when thinking of character dialogue, I always seem to be struggling for words of what to write. But when channeling, I have no need for creativity to make something up. All I need is to listen.

2.No contradictions. When hearing a person’s words, it’s going to flow in a consistent way. With similar personality traits, attitudes and worldviews. Compared to fiction writing, you don’t need as much time to figure out their perspectives, and don’t spend as much time “editing” out consistencies.

3.Lack of sense of control. Does it feel like you’re controlling the message or not? I think of channeling a message like a more peaceful version of your hand suddenly moving by itself — you’d probably be surprised if that happened, but you won’t conclude it was you doing it on purpose.

Maybe you suddenly developed a seizure or remembered some trauma, but you can tell it was not you. The words feel less like something you’re making — because you have no sense of conscious or even unconscious control over it.

In my opinion though, I do sense a loving presence near you that’s likely your mom, so I’m glad you’re still connected with someone who cares about you.
Old 23-06-2018, 03:16 AM
Knower
That was very helpful, thank you! Yep, thats probably mom :)
Old 23-06-2018, 03:24 AM
Knower

When I channel, I don't hear words. I feel energy that I translate or occasionally see pictures. Of the few times that I heard another voice, it came from a spatial orientation that I do not associate with my own inner voice. Perhaps this will help you. Pay attention to where you feel like your own voice is coming from and then, when you are hearing your mom's voice, what is the difference to where it is feeling or the spontaneity of her voice's arrival.

<3
Old 15-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Ascender
You are being a medium and you maybe hearing from another relative that had passed on or from s guide they is trying to be helpful. When you are not consciously thinking and these messages come to you it I really coming from them as the source and not your own mind.