Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Mick in England

Is reincarnation for ever?

Do reincarnationists think we simply get reborn as another human being each time we die for ever and ever?
If thats so, what'll happen when the sun expands into a red giant and burns up the earth zillions of years from now just as scientists say it will like all other stars?
I mean, there'll be nowhere to be reincarnated back to, will there?
Old 30-08-2006, 04:43 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
Do reincarnationists think we simply get reborn as another human being each time we die for ever and ever?
If thats so, what'll happen when the sun expands into a red giant and burns up the earth zillions of years from now just as scientists say it will like all other stars?
I mean, there'll be nowhere to be reincarnated back to, will there?

Hi Mick in England,

There are many different types of reincarnation theories. There is one for example, I believe it is the Buddhist religion ( but I could be wrong ) that states that human souls can reincarnate as insects and animals.

However, primarily to answer your question about the Sun exploding, there are other theories that states, many human souls are actually from other planets from different solar systems. Also, whilst astronomers are right about the Sun expanding into a Red Giant, effectively burning up the Earth, this is a LONG time in the future. I would imagine by that point one of two things will have occured on Earth. One, all the souls of life who reside here may have all ascended or two, mankind will have 'reached the stars' and spread throughout the Milky Way Galaxy.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi Mick in England,There are many different types of reincarnation theories.....

But which one is the correct one?
Or is it all just guesswork and hunches without any backup?
Old 30-08-2006, 05:14 PM
kundalini

Quote:
But which one is the correct one?
Or is it all just guesswork and hunches without any backup?

I suppose it could all be referred to as guesswork and hunches although I like to think that each individual will discover their own truths in time and eventually this will lead to the truth of reincarnation en masse.

Whilst I believe everyone should reach for truth, I do not believe we should push too hard, for the question of reincarnation is a spiritual one and therefore I think the answers will come in subtle ways.

Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Mick in England

The Bible says there's no reincarnation, just a single resurrection into heaven or hell forever.
Is that just a guess too?
Old 30-08-2006, 05:21 PM
kundalini

Quote:
The Bible says there's no reincarnation, just a single resurrection into heaven or hell forever.
Is that just a guess too?

I believe that to be a ploy by the old Christian Church to convert people to their religion on the basis that if they did not, they would be sent to a place termed 'hell' for the rest of eternity. It is basically a belief that is based on fear and greed.

I have no belief in that whatsoever.
Old 30-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Mick in England

But why would the old Christian Church care if anybody joined them or not?
After all, joining was free, they never asked for money or anything did they?
And early Christians were sometimes thrown to the lions, so it was a dangerous thing to be a Christian..
So why would anyone want to become Christian?
Old 30-08-2006, 05:53 PM
kundalini

Quote:
But why would the old Christian Church care if anybody joined them or not?
After all, joining was free, they never asked for money or anything did they?
And early Christians were sometimes thrown to the lions, so it was a dangerous thing to be a Christian..
So why would anyone want to become Christian?

Interesting questions. However, the old Christian Church cared very much about people joining their religion. They were at times supplied with money but more importantly, they were given power over the people and this would satisfy the demands of their egos. Remember, in some Christian countries, this meant the Christian Church would have influence over the reigning King or Queen and so they would have great power over political and social decisions amongst having their say in other matters. Although, this practice pretty much ended with King Henry VIII of England.

Many people would have been forced to become Christians in some countries where Christianity was the primary religion out of fear of being killed. As for Christians being thrown to the lions, I believe you are right but when viewed in the whole context of the history of Christianity, those occurences were pretty much isolated incidents and remember also, that that only happened after Jesus, a great spiritual man, was nailed to the cross by the Romans. So persecution of Christians was rife during that period of history and in that area of the world.

Kundalini.

Last edited by kundalini : 30-08-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 30-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Mick in England

If the early Christian church were supplied with money as you say, who gave them that money?
It couldn't have been the Kings or Queens or Governments because the last thing they wanted was to see the Church grow in power and control?

Likewise it couldn't have been the ordinary people who gave the church money, because you said the church forced people to be Christians, and the last thing the people would want is for the church to grow stronger..

As for your claim that the Church had big egos, all the early christians were just the opposite, humble, kind, caring..
Old 30-08-2006, 06:40 PM
kundalini

Quote:
If the early Christian church were supplied with money as you say, who gave them that money?
It couldn't have been the Kings or Queens or Governments because the last thing they wanted was to see the Church grow in power and control?

Likewise it couldn't have been the ordinary people who gave the church money, because you said the church forced people to be Christians, and the last thing the people would want is for the church to grow stronger..

As for your claim that the Church had big egos, all the early christians were just the opposite, humble, kind, caring..

Hi, firstly, I did not say that members of the Church had big egos. I said the power they were granted over the people satisfied the demands of their egos. Also, whilst some Christians would have been humble, kind and caring, some of them will not have been. It would be unrealistic to presume otherwise.

Secondly, the Kings and Queens and the governments where Christianity was the primary religion, were born and grew up following that religion. Therefore, the Church had a close relationship with the rulers and political parties of the day and many goods and money will have exchanged hands during those periods and in those places.

Thirdly, the Chruch grew very powerful and wealthy. Uptil King Henry VIII, no rulers or governments had opposed the Chruch, however, King Henry VIII did simply because he knew how much money and power they wielded which is the reason he set about ransacking and destroying many churches in England.

On a last note, do not think that I have anything against Christianity. I believe all religions are a way on the path of spirituality and many things can be learnt by studying their religious texts and histories.
Closed Thread