Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 19-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Guide
Hi all of the above a wonderful thought provoking posts.

I put on 20 kilos after I had children and never lost it. All emotional baggage hugging my 5ft frame. We all have our issues, but if you are really interested in losing weight loss spiritually, you can't go any further than Marianne Williamson's Spiritual Guide to Weight Loss.

Since I read that book in January this year, I have lost 10kg, I have discovered the law of attraction, I have met a new man who treats me like an absolute princess and goddess thus breaking my cycle of abusive and negative co-dependent relationships. For the first time in 10 years I am brimming with happiness and I can say life is so good I have learned to love myself. I still want to lose another 15kg, but I feel like a look pretty damn good in the meantime.

Love and light
Elle
Old 19-07-2011, 05:11 AM
astroboy

Law of attraction is being used by so many advertising companies that one can get confused about what to attract in their lives.
I have recently created this blog using the law of attraction too.
See to understand esp that it involves three things - Slimming, Firming and Weight Loss. Enjoy.
http://ayurvedicdoctor.wordpress.com...loss-capsules/
Old 19-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Air Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
[font=Book Antiqua]wouldnt the world be a better place if we were excepted just as we are?

Namaste

Yes, it would be
Old 19-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Master
I am of the mindset that each body has it's own "Happy Healthy Weight". That our weight should be dictated by some social standard seems unhealthy.

That our bodies are properly nourished and tended to, along with our minds and souls, seems of greater importance than what others will think of you based on your dress size. Only when a persons weight is of health concern (be it too large or too small) do I think it is necessary to re-evaluate their lifestyle. Otherwise to each their own.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Guide
Hi all. Wonderful thought-provoking posts indeed!

As for me, I am morbidly obese (just a little over 100kg) and it IS true that I don't love myself enough. I know that I feel better when I eat right and exercise, but there is all this rich food I love and - hups- it has disappeared in my mouth. And when I come home from work I am tired and rather go to watch TV than out for a walk. More so in bad weather. So, I'm constantly gaining more and more weight.

There are times when I want to break this vicious circle and start to love myself, but my strength of will breaks after a few days.

I eat food to comfort me, to give me a feeling that I'm loved and secure. I know that because of Doreen Virtue's book "Constant Craving", which analyzes your eating patterns. I am an addict to bread rolls with cream cheese, and of course chocolate.

For me it is a vicious circle:
I don't have anybody to love me and I feel bad, unloved and insecure and lonely, thus I eat to comfort myself. But the only thing the food does is making me grow fatter and fatter and more unattractive still, making it even less probable for me to find a partner to love me...

Just hoping to break this circle and become a happy, healthy girl with love for herself...
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 19-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Master
Great thread. Thanks for this
Old 19-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
It's just a quote from Louise L Hay, from her book You Can Heal Your Life, got me thinking, to the point it twisted my mind up.

Someone once tried to get me to read her books. I was skeptical because I thought Louise Hay was utterly clueless, and after reading this, it is now confirmed.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
santacruz18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I know in my case I'm overweight and it IS because I don't love myself I got myself to over 200 pounds at five foot five, even though I look like I'm 180. However I ate **** and didn't excercise for years that got me this way. Now I'm loving myself again by loosing weight (I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks) excercise etc and it's helping me love myself again.
Spiritlite.

Nice spiritlite. What was the turning point for you to change your lifestyle?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Master

Since I was 3 years old I have been abused by my parents and siblings,and a whole community(small) for being fat,and I wasnt,not the tinest. It continued through school years, and it messed my head properly up when it came to how I thought myself to look. Im through it, but still to this day thoughts can pop up. I know where it comes from though and can easily deal with it. This is all a game,to gain light-energy from somebody,no matter reason. It doesnt really matter what the reason is.

Ive had yo-yo weight all my life. But Ive been normal to chubby lightly overweight all time. It didnt matter, what was my weight. People still commented just as ugly until I finally left the town. A small town where everybody knows everybody and if one is seen in a bad light,its pretty much over with that person. Thats how it was.
I remember I was shocked, when I tried one of my very skinny friends jeans once when I was a teenager, and it fitted me perfectly,and how the doctor said I was normal weight. See what others bullying and societal standards can do to you.
I have some to fall off now,lightly overweight this time,and I can see how my new vegetarian diet makes it just fall off. its started. And I feel great.

I dont buy it for anything that you are overweight because you dont love yourself. I know it can be a reason just as well but i dont beleive in the standard comment that thats why. its not that simple. Media and societal pressure plays a big part as well. why is it ok to pic on womens bodies so much and not men. why do it at all. why just not eat healthy and be happy.
its too much pressure to fit a certain norm, when you have bodies that are different sizes. clothes are too often made too small even in right sizes. we are taught that we are not ok if we dont fit in,too much or too less of this or that. And the most buy it raw and view others that dont fit in as abnormal. Instead of appreciate what there is.
its all over. its just not one thing. food are stimulated that we eat all time with all adds, we are stimulated in every way to eat. no wonder some get problems. the things that are in food, -everything is destroyed.
I recommend highly a vegetarian lifestyle for easy weightloss.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 AM
mattie

Hay House Has Some Excellent Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
Someone once tried to get me to read her books. I was skeptical because I thought Louise Hay was utterly clueless, and after reading this, it is now confirmed.

I've not read Hay's books, but Hay's publishing company has some excellent authors. She has performed a valuable service by publishing many metaphysical authors that probably wouldn't have gotten published by the main publishing houses.

She may be off base on some things, but Spot On about others.