Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Newbie ;)

more spiritual than religious??

I live in a place where many people are very close minded. Most are very held back by their strict religion. So when I start conversations about astrology or meditation, I feel as if im being judged.
But I also have noticed that as a whole the western culture has started to become more open to the "spiritual" things of life. Many television shows promote such things like "long island medium" and Oprah's own network. Im very happy and excited that I can see a change coming. To add to that, im 18 and i think if more younger people would be more open minded and spread the love we could make a big change.
I was just curious, Do you all think its changing??
and whats it like where you live?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Naddread

Everything is always changing. No collective paradigm is going to stay in place for ever. The question is does the new paradigm promote Truth, Freedom and Justice or is it just the old paradigm wearing a colourful new hat?

~Naddread~
Old 06-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Clarebear80

Yes I always wanted to belive in spirituality but last year spirits found me and made me totally aware of the existance of our true selves I'm still amazed by it everyday and I'm grateful for it everyday. If I was awakened to spirits and heaven so suddenly having no prior knowlege of any ability then I'm sure others are in droves
Old 06-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Clarebear80

Spirits told me that religion is not wrong if it brings light and life to a person but there is no right or wrong because fundamentally we are all looked after. Some use religion for wrong but ultimately we are all born under the same sky and live many times as many creeds. If we took a little from each faith and mashed it together you would be closer to truth
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Naddread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarebear80
Spirits told me that religion is not wrong if it brings light and life to a person but there is no right or wrong because fundamentally we are all looked after. Some use religion for wrong but ultimately we are all born under the same sky

~Naddread~
Old 09-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddread
Everything is always changing. No collective paradigm is going to stay in place for ever. The question is does the new paradigm promote Truth, Freedom and Justice or is it just the old paradigm wearing a colourful new hat?

~Naddread~

So, a question might be what is true freedom. Is it inurement to the material world and this carnal and organic aspect? Involving Ego, and, the "Survival Instinct"?

Or, is true freedom liberation from..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarebear80
Yes I always wanted to belive in spirituality but last year spirits found me and made me totally aware of the existance of our true selves I'm still amazed by it everyday and I'm grateful for it everyday. If I was awakened to spirits and heaven so suddenly having no prior knowlege of any ability then I'm sure others are in droves

Hi Clare. Perhaps you might elaborate on what you were told regarding our, "True Selves"?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Master

You can care what other people think about, or not :)

When you question yourself, why do I care what other people think?

Shouldn't they think the same way I think about it, how can I change the way people think about what I care more about, you are really pushing against that thing that you want, which is to find people that think the same way that you think and to leave the others out of the equation. That is so much more fun than to push against those that think differently.

Some would call it selfishness, to care more about what you think about than to care about what someone else thinks about it. You are both right about it. You think one way, they think the other, but that doesn't make either of you wrong about it, just different.

Here is a clip from Abraham Hicks, which speaks about the topic. It is about five minutes in I think. And it is an older clip I notice, because Esther doesn't sound quite like that any more. Esther has been channeling Abraham for over 25 years, and they have wisdom for every occasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFimbYCuEgQ

I have two children who have been very judged in their lives, they are both young adults, and they don't care - they live their lives knowing what they want and reaching for their dreams. It does help to have some people around you that believe what you believe.

Have you tried meetup.com? There are plenty of people in your area who do believe what you believe. Or you might try and find a spiritual center in your area, and see where that leads you. Life is a journey of epic proportions, so have fun with it! Embrace life, be eager about it and ask yourself, what do you want? That is the key to finding it.

Congratulations on turning 18. It is a magical age, ask anyone. :)

Just a note: when you are tuned in to what you want and are on that journey, it won't matter to you what other people think about it, it will just feel right. And no one else gets a vote, really. And it is your enthusiam for it that just might be the change that you are looking for.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Deactivated Account
I think we're pretty open where I am. I've started a spiritual group and it seems to be meeting a need, however small. There's a spiritualist church locally, although from what i can remember during the one time I went it was very traditional and 'God-focussed. There are places you can go to meet like minded people, plus lots of holistic and alternative therapists offering spiritual treatments. So I think we're quite up to speed around here. Of course, there are plenty of traditional Christians as well. That's a path that suits some people and religion is only as strict as we make it.
Old 23-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Braiellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyamanda
I live in a place where many people are very close minded. Most are very held back by their strict religion. So when I start conversations about astrology or meditation, I feel as if im being judged.
But I also have noticed that as a whole the western culture has started to become more open to the "spiritual" things of life. Many television shows promote such things like "long island medium" and Oprah's own network. Im very happy and excited that I can see a change coming. To add to that, im 18 and i think if more younger people would be more open minded and spread the love we could make a big change.
I was just curious, Do you all think its changing??
and whats it like where you live?

I believe Naddread is correct above in that change is always evolving. I think many more are aware as a whole than we used to be and that's a good thing.
I currently live in what is known as the "Bible Belt" part of the U.S. though I'm not originally from here. Many don't see outside of the box in the particular area I'm in, so most of what I have experienced and still experience/know, I must keep to myself. People get freaked out and the labeling, isolation, and judgement begins. Not worth it. They, too, have to find their own truths and it isn't for me to judge them, though it's sometimes difficult feeling like I'm moving against traffic, so-to-speak. I'm different here.. and many know it and some like to remind me of it too. lol

I think they can make a change too, Miss Aubrey... and what a good change that would be :) Dare to dream, girl!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:55 AM
bkveda

Though, I am from India, where people have spirituality just under their skin. I do see the change and resistance to change all the time and everywhere. having easy access to communication like internet has made it both easy to find like minded and hard task to sift through all the garbage to get to something really worthy.