Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Guide
Dreams, Lucid Dreams and Astral Projection, OH MY!

So let's get the ball rolling here with this...
I was just looking over the old 2007 posts here and one of them, Astral Projection vs Lucid Dreams, asked what was the difference between these experiences.

Well, I'll try to assist with that...
I see very little difference between them. Allow me to explain.

I'll begin by using this statement: “The difference is not in the nature of the reality but in the consciousness that observes it.

I've written a fair amount on this subject on my own website, so I'll just cut and paste my response from there in hopes that it might help someone.

Dreams, Lucid Dreams and Astral Projections/OBEs all happen within the same area of consciousness. Robert Monroe labeled this area “Focus 22”. This is the area of consciousness that I believe most people refer to when they use terms such as “The Astral”. I also believe that the “Real Time Zone” or what most people call the “Real Time Zone” also has its origins here, but I’ll explain more about that in another post.So if Dreams, Lucid Dreams and Astral Projections/OBEs are all the same experience how do you explain away the distinct differences between them? Well, it’s simple… what differentiates them from each other is how consciously aware you are during the experience. I also prefer using the Terms “Physical” and “Non-Physical” to describe the realities we find ourselves in.
It goes kind of like this:
  • A Dream (remembered or not) is basically when you are unaware that you are sleeping. Your consciousness has phased into the non-physical, but it has done so unaware of this. This happens to you pretty much every night of your life that you have gone to bed to have a good night’s sleep.
  • A Lucid Dream (always remembered, even in some limited fashion) is a Dream where the only thing you are aware of is that you are dreaming. You know that somewhere else is your physical body fast asleep in your bed, but that’s it really. You have some waking consciousness. You don’t generally have much in the way of critical faculties.
  • An Astral Projection/OBE (again, always remembered, even in some limited fashion) is where you have brought forth your FULL waking conscious awareness. You are fully awake and aware that you are within the non-physical and your physical body is in your bed, fast asleep.
So you can see that there isn’t much difference between the three experiences. All happen in the same area of the consciousness continuum, it’s your own personal area of consciousness that nobody else has access to. It’s an area set aside just for you!
It’s from this area that you have access to all of your closely held belief constructs. You also have access to all of your memories that you’ve collected over the course of your current life. Also, with a bit of control over your Emotions and Thoughts (as these are what are providing the fuel for what you see and experience around you) you will be able to leave your personal area and move into what I call the “Collective Consciousness” areas, but more on that later.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Suspended
Hiya Xanth

This is Selski from EIC and the Pulse. Just thought I'd say hello.

Nothing to add to your post...I yang on about these things elsewhere (as you know! )

Squatch aka Selski
Old 02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Master
Thanks for the clear description, Xanth.

Xan

Old 02-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Guide
Oh hey there Selski! Nice to see some familiar faces... errr names? :)

And thank you Xan. :)
Seems weird typing that name... looks like I'm thanking myself. LoL

They're just how I view the wider reality. I really rather use the term "non-physical" when dealing with the separation between these experiences. :)