Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Gothic-Midnight-Rose

A Question

At 14 I started studying Wicca and practicing it.

Then at 17 I started going to church (a long story and involves me being naive and someone trying to convert me). I "became" a christian and got "baptized".
I have now since turned my back on the church, going back to my Wiccan roots as such.
I have been practising Wiccan fully since I was 18.
The other day, something dawned on me. Can I actually call myself a Wiccan, since I was baptized into the Evangelical Church at 17?
I'm really conused and this is really worrying me. I worship the God and Goddess and do devotions and cast spells and celebrate the Sabbats etc, but am I still a "Christian"?
This is worrying me so much.
Any opinions gladly welcome

Thank you
xx
Old 27-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Guide

G-M-R, no worries mate. The Wiccan community is likely filled with previously baptized Christians. If being baptized Christian excluded you from any other religion, they would loose a majority of its members due to how common it is for people to be baptized.

will give you a small hint as well, god/goddess does not care whether you are Wicca or Christian. Not even a little. The truth lies inside, not in religion ;)

Chadley
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 27-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Gothic-Midnight-Rose

Thanks so much for the reply. You have really put my mind at ease lol
Thanks once again

Blessed Be
-Anni-
Old 27-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Daniella

Dear GMR,

It's not important what you used to believe or how you chose to accomodate those beliefs, especially when, at the time, your heart was in the right place.

So long as where you are now feels right and true for you... you have nothing to be ashamed of - regret is not part of your enlightenment... the reward is freedom, not guilt.

No God or Goddess will judge you, and niether will we.

Go on and do what you believe with conviction.
As long as you're happy, the rest just falls away.

LD
Old 04-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Aylish

I was in a coven for a few years, and it was fulfilling and educational. However, I found after time that there are many dogma's in the Wiccan belief system, perhaps as many as in any other mainstream religion. I prefer to go without a label these days, but if one were to label me it would be as a Pagan.

Be what is in your heart and worry not so much about the titles attached to the being.

Blessed Be,
Aylish
Old 05-05-2007, 10:03 AM
eternity

The truth and the light.

The truth and the real light are inside you.
You are here in this incarnation to learn and to love.
My regards and blessings for the future.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 13-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Enlightener

GMR!ROFL)(You crack me up!

You are worried because some guys poured some water on to you,and because of that you are not who you choose to be.

I can tell you this: You are Who You Choose To Be, regardless of any ritual one may attend to you.

Enlightenr
Closed Thread