Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Lol, yes forgiveness is all our lessons!!!
Ah, the freedom.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And there is a big difference between being a vulnerable child on the physical plane,
dependent on the adults around us, and being a mature adult on the astral plane.
Not many think about that...and it stops them from going into therapy here.
They think (ha, unconsciously) they will have to relive the abuse as child.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-03-2019, 12:05 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
If someone had emotionally and physically abusive bad parents (very rough parents from the child perspective) that would often scold (shout) and beat-up their children.

What would happen when the children will go into the afterlife, will they meet their bad abusive parents there, or anyone that harmed or would harm them? Would the parents or anyone else still be angry, rough, bad and abusive?

What seems to happen is there is a reconciliation between parents and children.

And my thoughts on your other questions are; the simple answer is no. The longer answer is, in my studies of the afterlife, I've come to the conclusion that we have the ability to empathize with everyone. We are one and what we perceive as good/bad/evil appears not to have the same meaning over there. In heaven if you want to call it that, there is only love and acceptance. No one will hurt you, and no one will want to hurt you. For even the abuser spirit will experience during their life review their own abusive behavior they did to others; they will learn from it. If they don't let go of their carnal urges to hurt others they will not embrace the light.
Old 15-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Not many think about that...and it stops them from going into therapy here.
They think (ha, unconsciously) they will have to relive the abuse as child.

Ah, but I did have to relive it with the child within me. It's a very painful process to deal with what was done many years ago. And the adult in me was helpless as the child expressed her wounds.

Logic goes by the wayside as I watched the child bleed in front of me. But the only way to heal is to preserver on.
Old 16-03-2019, 08:45 PM
Knower

Here's something to consider:

What we are here, what we experience here, has a whole new perspective when we leave this reality. We do not carry our hurts -whether we were hurting or we hurt others. Instead we are introduced, without work or struggle, into a reality of pure understanding. We recognize the journey that we have just been through and have a thousand-amplified appreciation for the creation of US that each moment birthed. There is no forgiveness because there is only joyful reunion: re-union.

All That Is IS all that is.
Old 17-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
If someone had emotionally and physically abusive bad parents (very rough parents from the child perspective) that would often scold (shout) and beat-up their children.

What would happen when the children will go into the afterlife, will they meet their bad abusive parents there, or anyone that harmed or would harm them? Would the parents or anyone else still be angry, rough, bad and abusive?
How do you learn Unconditional Love where there are no conditions? It would render Unconditional Love meaningless. Do you learn forgiveness from having nothing to forgive, do you learn repentance from nowhere?

If you're asking that question from your own experience, the only question worth asking is "What do I want to Live with in my Heart?" You find a way to clear it out, to make your experiences a part of yourself and realise that there's so much more below the surface.

When you've turned your hurts into a halo you'll know the reasons.
Old 18-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowers
What we are here, what we experience here, has a whole new perspective when we leave this reality. We do not carry our hurts -whether we were hurting or we hurt others. Instead we are introduced, without work or struggle, into a reality of pure understanding. We recognize the journey that we have just been through and have a thousand-amplified appreciation for the creation of US that each moment birthed. There is no forgiveness because there is only joyful reunion: re-union.

This suggests that whatever our level of development we immediately become all-wise after physical death. Many, including myself, would disagree. The after-death literature describes those who do not even realise that they have physically died because (for them) little has changed. There does seem to be a life review at some stage where we view our lives from the perspective of the Soul and we see our journey and all that we have experienced from a higher perspective.

I suspect that there is more to the death process than just letting go of the physical body. If personality remains then the limitations of personality persist for varying lengths of time until finally the emotional and mental bodies also "die". The consciousness rests in the "reality of pure understanding". For advanced Souls this may come soon after the physical body has died. For less advanced Souls this process is more gradual.

Peace.
Old 19-03-2019, 01:16 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This suggests that whatever our level of development we immediately become all-wise after physical death. Many, including myself, would disagree. The after-death literature describes those who do not even realise that they have physically died because (for them) little has changed. There does seem to be a life review at some stage where we view our lives from the perspective of the Soul and we see our journey and all that we have experienced from a higher perspective.

I suspect that there is more to the death process than just letting go of the physical body. If personality remains then the limitations of personality persist for varying lengths of time until finally the emotional and mental bodies also "die". The consciousness rests in the "reality of pure understanding". For advanced Souls this may come soon after the physical body has died. For less advanced Souls this process is more gradual.

Peace.

Yes, there are many, many varieties of after death beliefs. I personally believe what I suggested the OP consider, but people will always have their choices based on what resonates with them :-)
Old 19-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Guide

From my own experience, no you don't. But, it is for your benefit to forgive them, and cut those cords of emotional attachment and move on from the experience. That way you aren't linked to them in the next life experience. Anything that you hold on to..will be around in the next life...it's law of attraction, for good or ill.

I do not talk to my dad, but I have forgiven him, even pray for him time to time...if I even think about him..but I have no attachment to him anymore. My life is better without him in it. He's not allowed to harm me. He is truly and honestly forgiven, and I wish him well.I don't feel anything but peace. I do not see myself going to his funeral, unless it's to support my brothers and sisters...however, I have moved on ...so that's a very slight chance. I have already said and done what I needed to. I do not suffer from the things he did to me anymore, I have healed from it...it would've been nice to have a loving father...but it just wasn't going to be him. I do not blame or shame him. If I go to his funeral, it will be to put beautiful roses of all shades on his grave...but as love. It's worth adding, my father raised me, soley.

But his job here, is done. Thank you Daddy...

And I want to add something of spiritual importance...

You are not losing a parent soley..
Yes, you feel that loss initially, and if like me, may take decades and spiritual growth, in the maximum degree...to reach this point. For many others, sooner or later.

But you will gain independence, freedom, liberation, self confidence, pride, self acceptance, strength, a new way of family bloodline (if you have children) a new way of life for your bloodline, success for your descendants, ect.

And it started with the strongest, and bravest one...who lost everything ....to give back everything, to many generations to come.

Sacrifice, and honor do not come without years of tears, loss, and grief.

As long as your actions mirror your good intentions...you are sacrificing for the betterment of your bloodline, and you in the long run. That's a true warrior, and pioneer of spirit.

And may the fruit of your labor shine*

You do matter...your life matters ..but you have to ask yourself
.how far do you want to take this, how far are you willing to go...how much are you willing to lose...so that you are able to start over, and may never see the top of success of your sacrifice for generations to come...

My father is still an abusive tyrant, who enjoys destroying others...including my brothers and sisters who can't break free...

But as my now deceased beautiful, loving in laws say....no good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited by Colorado : 19-03-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Color

I even asked an older wiser therapist (I was young), if I could NOT have to see my father
in the Afterlife...she said it was all loving and No, you will see him when you want to.

Decades later...I understand by grace giving me a 'supernatural' altered state
experience that
this terrible father was really such a friend he came to
treat me as I had others so I would 'see'...and stop it once and for all.

I hate repeating myself with that story so much...but I have to on a forum.

Learn the wisdom of your parents, your poverty, your beatings, your belittlement...it is all custom made for YOU.

But you don't have to believe me...tho, everything was orchestrated just for YOU!
All the people you have ever met, every car you almost hit, every teacher, every remark...the leaf falling in front of you.
I wish for everyone to one day have this realization...it's like seeing your life flash in front of you...it is something!
No intellectualizing or just believing this is true will ever compare to 'seeing'
your whole life and all its stuff being 'on purpose'....for you to be at this very moment in time...