Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

View Poll Results: I am..
Left handed 6 24.00%
Right handed 13 52.00%
Ambidextrous 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Master
Handedness

Are you left, right, or ambi..?

And what is your spiritual perspective on the variety in handedness?

((Please only pick the latter if you truly have no preference..))
Old 08-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Master
I am right handed, but I have tried to write left handed for many years. I practiced and practiced, but it still turns out to look very childish. I am a bit of a spaz with my left hand for most things, but some things require I use my left hand.

also, I've had surgery for nerve release on my left hand a few months back.
I don't know the spiritual perspective, other than that most people I know are right handed.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:46 PM
Master
I can write with both of my hands but can only cut or use scissors and iron clothes using my left hand. I don't use my left hand for writing anymore but I can still use it for writing if needed.

As for spirituality, I have not really thought of this before but thinking about it now I do believe there is a reason for this as there is a reason for every single thing that happens whether we are aware of it or not.

Being able to use both hands for writing still amazes me to this day. In the same sense, and perhaps ironically, it also amazes me that I can only use the left hand for cutting and ironing.

Blessings,
lemongrass

P.S. I had to learn writing using my right hand at age 6. If it wasn't for my teacher who said it was wrong to write with my left hand (as I remember it), I might not have had the chance to use my right hand for writing. My handwriting is also a lot better and I write a lot faster with my right hand since I got used to it. Thinking about the role of that teacher in this makes me think there is something spiritual in that. I just cannot tell what exactly.

♥♥
Old 11-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Lemongrass,
I enjoyed your story. My sister is left handed and the teacher said the same to her but she writes only with her left hand to this day.
My mum is a proud ambidextrous lol... Likes to tell me how proud of it sometimes.

Your story makes me think that you must have had to develop some flexible and adaptablity in your life

I am a boring right handed person though I eat with my knife and fork the 'wrong' way round as I cut food with my left hand.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:24 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass_
I can write with both of my hands but can only cut or use scissors and iron clothes using my left hand. I don't use my left hand for writing anymore but I can still use it for writing if needed.

As for spirituality, I have not really thought of this before but thinking about it now I do believe there is a reason for this as there is a reason for every single thing that happens whether we are aware of it or not.

Being able to use both hands for writing still amazes me to this day. In the same sense, and perhaps ironically, it also amazes me that I can only use the left hand for cutting and ironing.

Blessings,
lemongrass

P.S. I had to learn writing using my right hand at age 6. If it wasn't for my teacher who said it was wrong to write with my left hand (as I remember it), I might not have had the chance to use my right hand for writing. My handwriting is also a lot better and I write a lot faster with my right hand since I got used to it. Thinking about the role of that teacher in this makes me think there is something spiritual in that. I just cannot tell what exactly.

The spiritual aspect might be that right vs left handers probably use different parts of the brain to coordinate their body. Just guessing. So you being left handed could tell a lot about how you think. Which is cool. :)
Old 12-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Lemongrass,
I enjoyed your story. My sister is left handed and the teacher said the same to her but she writes only with her left hand to this day.
My mum is a proud ambidextrous lol... Likes to tell me how proud of it sometimes.

Your story makes me think that you must have had to develop some flexible and adaptablity in your life

I am a boring right handed person though I eat with my knife and fork the 'wrong' way round as I cut food with my left hand.

Hello emeraldheart, I enjoyed your story as well! And I love your id... It reminds me of something spiritual that is very precious to me.

I have to say that it seems I did need (and still do) some flexibility and adaptability in life. Being an introvert, I am still mostly awkward socially.

I also have the same thing with utensils...

And I'm sure you are not a boring person as you say you are...

much love,
lemongrass

♥♥
Old 12-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
The spiritual aspect might be that right vs left handers probably use different parts of the brain to coordinate their body. Just guessing. So you being left handed could tell a lot about how you think. Which is cool. :)

Hello M. Tesla,

I was just thinking of that...

I have read that being right or left handed has something to do with how the brain is wired. And the dominant hand makes us either more creative or more logical, for example, depending on whether it is the left or the right hand that is dominant... which if this is the case, handedness seems to be an indicator of how we think or act or why we think or act the way we do.

much love,
lemongrass

♥♥
Old 12-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Are you left, right, or ambi..?

And what is your spiritual perspective on the variety in handedness?

((Please only pick the latter if you truly have no preference..))

Hello Altair, this is an interesting thread... it would be nice to hear from others about their spiritual perspective on this, if any. And more stories on being a lefty, a righty or being an ambi would be really great as well.

much love,
lemongrass

♥♥
Old 12-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean
I am right handed, but I have tried to write left handed for many years. I practiced and practiced, but it still turns out to look very childish. I am a bit of a spaz with my left hand for most things, but some things require I use my left hand.

also, I've had surgery for nerve release on my left hand a few months back.
I don't know the spiritual perspective, other than that most people I know are right handed.

Hello jojobean, I hope your left hand is fully healed by this time...

We are the same except my dominant hand is the left hand. And I'm assuming you started using your left hand for writing later in life than I started writing with my right hand. I started at age 6.

In the beginning it wasn't easy. I remember holding the pencil and my right hand feeling really weak. With constant practice, my grip on the pencil (and pen later), started to be stronger and stronger.

My handwriting improved a lot as well as my speed in writing is way faster. When I try using my left hand for writing now, it easily gets tired and it doesn't feel as natural as when I'm using my right hand. I feel really grateful that I learned to write with my right hand.

Blessings,
lemongrass

♥♥

Last edited by lemongrass_ : 13-03-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 13-03-2019, 05:20 AM
Pathfinder
I've always written, eaten, used knives and scissors with my left hand, but I tend to do certain things like open doors, fire guns, use the touchpad on my laptop(while a traditional mouse only feels right on my left hand) with my right. I voted left handed in the poll but now I wonder if I'm truly ambidextrous or if my brain just can't decide which hand is better!