Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-05-2019, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
Thanks, 7luminaries. I am thrilled that this is how it is for you. As to me, I still have to go to a medium to talk to my loved ones in spirit. But, the day isn't over yet, right?

Blessings

Essvass blessings back atcha I hope you find peace and guidance at your session(s)...perhaps let us know if all went well, or if it opened up new realms of thought or has led you to new questions.

Often, it seems that for every profound insight, I will have some additional questions. Maybe some of my questions are less profound, LOL...but they are still pertinent to me or to humanity. So...this is all to the good, IMO.

The day isn't over yet, indeed.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 03-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Essvass blessings back atcha I hope you find peace and guidance at your session(s)...perhaps let us know if all went well, or if it opened up new realms of thought or has led you to new questions.

Often, it seems that for every profound insight, I will have some additional questions. Maybe some of my questions are less profound, LOL...but they are still pertinent to me or to humanity. So...this is all to the good, IMO.

The day isn't over yet, indeed.

Peace & blessings
7L

Dear 7L,

Thanks! It's interesting you replied today of all other days. Yesterday I finally had a mediumistic reading with a woman from Massachusetts that I waited for for a couple of months. These days, I only get readings once or twice a year, and usually at the point where I can't help myself. Yesterday's mediumistic reading turned into a guidance reading. Later, I'd love to know about your pertinent 'less profound questions'. I am leaving town and will be without my computer for a while.

Blessings,
Old 02-06-2019, 08:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Stacey boo, Have you ever thought about attending a spiritualist church. I think you'll find plenty of evidence of the afterlife there. xx
Old 02-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Have you read the book Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander or listened to him on YouTube. He was a neurological surgeon who didn't believe in the afterlife until he was in a coma for a week and shown different realms xx
Old 04-06-2019, 07:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyboo
Hi, what do you believe happens when you die I have been thinking a lot about this recently I work in a job were I see a lot of death and it always confuses me when I person dies there physically there but there not if that makes any sense I look at them and there not there I still talk to them as if they was there but there not I can't seem to get my head round it. Last year a close family member died of cancer and they promised me they would visit when they went but they haven't is this because they can't or is it because there just gone you live then die or our we just not ment to know what happens when we die until we die what are everyone's thoughts on this am not a religious person so don't really believe in heaven and hell but find it hard to believe we just die

I have seen hundreds of people die, held many in my arms as they took their last breath. I worked for 42-years in the healthcare field, was a U.S. Army combat medic in Vietnam at the age of nine-teen, the first job I got when I left the army was that of and ambulance EMT, and then I went into nursing, worked in a hospice, etc..

I once had to carry a dead baby in my arms, have seen people die of all ages in all sorts of ways, and have witnessed, or assisted on, many autopsies. I was at one time obsessed with death and dying, took classes from the late Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, and much later had out of body, and near death, experiences myself.

Lots of people know when they are going to die; here is a post I did many years ago on that http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=101205

Being around death and dying a lot helped me get in touch with my own physical mortality. We are not death, we are life. Lots of people think that life is what they do but life is what they are. When we die life leaves our physical body, that is us leaving.

The cornerstone of my life is to "Know ThySelf." I am a learner and the subject of learning is myself. What I give to others is the work, or lack of work, that I have done on my self. But the more you explain something the further away from that something you get.

You get to a place where all you have is your explanation of that thing and not that thing itself. So I approach death as a transition with more acceptance and faith than I do explanation. The human heart, at the core of our being, knows this whole transition thing impeccably, and the mind tries to understand what the heart already knows.

But this does not fit in constructed mental concepts. It can not be nice and neatly framed in mental images. It is beyond words and thoughts, and therefore I have to find a comfort, and confidence, within myself that says the transition is very natural and safe.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:39 AM
janielee

Bless you, Starman

May I ask how you coped with so much death? .

Namaste,

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I have seen hundreds of people die, held many in my arms as they took their last breath. I worked for 42-years in the healthcare field, was a U.S. Army combat medic in Vietnam at the age of nine-teen, the first job I got when I left the army was that of and ambulance EMT, and then I went into nursing, worked in a hospice, etc..

I once had to carry a dead baby in my arms, have seen people die of all ages in all sorts of ways, and have witnessed, or assisted on, many autopsies. I was at one time obsessed with death and dying, took classes from the late Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, and much later had out of body, and near death, experiences myself.

Lots of people know when they are going to die; here is a post I did many years ago on that http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=101205

Being around death and dying a lot helped me get in touch with my own physical mortality. We are not death, we are life. Lots of people think that life is what they do but life is what they are. When we die life leaves our physical body, that is us leaving.

The cornerstone of my life is to "Know ThySelf." I am a learner and the subject of learning is myself. What I give to others is the work, or lack of work, that I have done on my self. But the more you explain something the further away from that something you get.

You get to a place where all you have is your explanation of that thing and not that thing itself. So I approach death as a transition with more acceptance and faith than I do explanation. The human heart, at the core of our being, knows this whole transition thing impeccably, and the mind tries to understand what the heart already knows.

But this does not fit in constructed mental concepts. It can not be nice and neatly framed in mental images. It is beyond words and thoughts, and therefore I have to find a comfort, and confidence, within myself that says the transition is very natural and safe.

Reminds me of a quote from a funeral director, "working with death, you see a lot of life"

Your linked post was very interesting. Seems like it is a comfort and help to the soldiers that had those signs, not a fear as might be expected.

Btw, your username always reminds me of the film Starman with Jeff Bridges in. Love that film

What are your feelings about when someone has the opposite reaction to the death process, where they fight it? I know it's not a nice thing to talk about but I'm trying to understand. A family member fought it.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:47 AM
Master
Sorry, just realised it was your thread, not just the one post. I will have a read through thread.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:18 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

Thank you for your service Starman.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Bless you, Starman

May I ask how you coped with so much death? .

Namaste,

JL

You ask how did I cope with so much death? I wish there was a simple answer because my particular way of coping with death
involved a lengthy journey with many components.

Going on a healing journey is part of it, and also coming to feel the presence of your own spiritual nature, Knowing that while
you are in this world you are not of this world and experience that in you which is immortal.

All of this stuff takes time, it is a process, and a definite part of your human journey. There is, in my opinion, no one thing;
it is a combination of things. We can switch one concept for another concept, or one philosophy for another philosophy,
but experience is the best teacher. I don’t judge the dead and strive not to be too judgmental of the living.

Coping with others dying is really about coping with your own mortality. Then there is coping with how people die, suicide,
terminal illness, homicide, accidents, etc., and how old they were when they died. How we grieve the loss of others is tied
into these factors and is part of our coping process as well.

I was diagnosed with combat related PTSD, and the main feature of my PTSD was survivors guilt. I had lived and so many
others had died, some in my arms. For a long time I struggled with why did I live, was there some purpose, or why did they
have to die.

Today I believe that no one dies until it is time for them to die. It is just that the way they died may challenge that premise.
I have seen soldiers shot multiple times with bullets piercing vital organs and those people still lived, while another person
was shot once, by a small caliber bullet, and died. In short, I have seen people live who should have died and people die who
should have lived.

As a combat medic, and ambulance EMT, etc., I do not take credit for saving people’s lives, because I do not take credit
when they die under my care either. The whole thing comes down to coming to terms with your own mortality, beyond
concepts and philosophical and religious views. For me, experiencing my own deeper being helps me a great deal.

All through life we are given preparations for death; a child has gold fish or a puppy that dies, this speaks to our own mortality.
The breakup of a closely held relationship, a divorce, etc., can be for some a death-like experience. The loss of a job, etc.
There are many events throughout our lives, that do not involve the death of a human being, that speak to our own mortality,
and those events, if we let them. can help us better cope with death.

I lost my eyesight in Vietnam and was totally blind for 5-years; it was as a death-like experience. I went through eye surgery
more than a dozen times to regain my eyesight. In retrospect losing my eyesight was a blessing that helped me deal with the
process of personal change. We may look at things with our eyes but we will only see them with our awareness.
When I was blind I saw things that I failed to see when I had 20/20 vision.

I apologize for this long-winded post.