Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 26-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Master
Believing the universe will always provide for you

This is one of the tenants of manifestation I always struggle with. That the universe will provide you with everything you could possibly ever need, and then some. That you will always be taken care of.

No doubt this stems from a fear base mentality that we have today of living in lack, poverty mindset, and fear.

So what are some of your ways to work on this, and change your mindset around. To start to really manifest your dreams and desires.
Old 26-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
This is one of the tenants of manifestation I always struggle with. That the universe will provide you with everything you could possibly ever need, and then some. That you will always be taken care of.

I have issues with this too. While I have found that whatever I truly NEED is provided, it doesn't seem right to expect everything I might want to be handed to me.

Maybe I don't understand the whole LOA thing, but I cannot help but believe Universe/God wants me to do for myself everything that I am capable of... especially when it comes to things that I WANT instead of NEED.

There is always more to want. If I decide that wanting something hard enough will make it materialize... that sounds so much like entitlement. Like a child expecting a pony under their Christmas tree simply because they WANT it so badly.

I am entitled to exactly squat, though Universe does seem to take care of my basic necessities for the most part. I would much rather live simply, trust Universe knows what it is doing, and leave the manifesting/wishing for more to others.
Old 15-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Ascender
Bashar teaches this theme as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
I have issues with this too. While I have found that whatever I truly NEED is provided, it doesn't seem right to expect everything I might want to be handed to me.

Maybe I don't understand the whole LOA thing, but I cannot help but believe Universe/God wants me to do for myself everything that I am capable of... especially when it comes to things that I WANT instead of NEED.

There is always more to want. If I decide that wanting something hard enough will make it materialize... that sounds so much like entitlement. Like a child expecting a pony under their Christmas tree simply because they WANT it so badly.

I am entitled to exactly squat, though Universe does seem to take care of my basic necessities for the most part. I would much rather live simply, trust Universe knows what it is doing, and leave the manifesting/wishing for more to others.

I completely identify with this confusion myself too.
Old 20-06-2019, 01:34 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
I would much rather live simply, trust Universe knows what it is doing, and leave the manifesting/wishing for more to others.

I am creating the universe in which I am living my life. Though through the prism of my ego, it may not seem like I am getting what I need or deserve, I have faith that beyond what the human ego filtered mind can understand, what I am creating are the experiences I need.

Still sometimes sucks though!
Old 26-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Master
Believing the universe will always provide for you

Quote:

No doubt this stems from a fear base mentality that we have today of living in lack, poverty mindset, and fear.

So what are some of your ways to work on this, and change your mindset around. To start to really manifest your dreams and desires.

Innerlight,

In my search for answers to the very questions you raise, I hope you will benefit from the examples I've provided as references, below....having actually lived and demonstrated them.

Here's a hint of what's in store as perspective to your question, just from the 1st reference:

...." the Universe is, Itself, ALL the circumstances you CAN experience, for good or ill...NOW BEFORE YOU EVEN ASK. That's why what you ask for is always, already available to BE experienced. That's why the Universe ALWAYS says YES ! But ONLY to what you say YES for in yourself. Yes, it's hard to get a job in this economy. Yes, the job I want is just waiting for me. Yes, I know I won't get that raise. Yes, I always knew I'd get the recognition I deserve. Yes, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Yes, the Universe is a mirror. Yes, no one can help me. Yes, I will succeed even if no one helps me. Yes, yes, yes ! (Get it ?)"

It gets better.....

Hope this, and the references, below, help you see just how much better!

Enjoy them all! (Please accept my apologies for some of the URLs, most are still accessible)

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...33&postcount=3 How has God answered your prayers?

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...47&postcount=2 Acting As If vs. Having Faith it will Happen

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...93&postcount=1 The clearest, most well described method of Manifesting I've encountered.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=104891 Quotes of Neville Goddard thread, started by Miss Hepburn
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 10-12-2018, 03:03 AM
Ascender
universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Innerlight,

In my search for answers to the very questions you raise, I hope you will benefit from the examples I've provided as references, below....having actually lived and demonstrated them.

Here's a hint of what's in store as perspective to your question, just from the 1st reference:

...." the Universe is, Itself, ALL the circumstances you CAN experience, for good or ill...NOW BEFORE YOU EVEN ASK. That's why what you ask for is always, already available to BE experienced. That's why the Universe ALWAYS says YES ! But ONLY to what you say YES for in yourself. Yes, it's hard to get a job in this economy. Yes, the job I want is just waiting for me. Yes, I know I won't get that raise. Yes, I always knew I'd get the recognition I deserve. Yes, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Yes, the Universe is a mirror. Yes, no one can help me. Yes, I will succeed even if no one helps me. Yes, yes, yes ! (Get it ?)"

It gets better.....

Hope this, and the references, below, help you see just how much better!

Enjoy them all! (Please accept my apologies for some of the URLs, most are still accessible)

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...33&postcount=3 How has God answered your prayers?

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...47&postcount=2 Acting As If vs. Having Faith it will Happen

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...93&postcount=1 The clearest, most well described method of Manifesting I've encountered.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=104891 Quotes of Neville Goddard thread, started by Miss Hepburn
The universe brings to you whatever you focus on good or bad in fear or delight. In that way it seems
Old 27-05-2018, 05:43 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

I think there is a misunderstanding, generally, regarding what we actually need and want. What if your life plan was to experience a time of poverty, or a certain illness, or being alone without friends/family, etc? You will manifest that because it is what you want, deep within yourself, in order to learn from it.

If then you try to wish for or manifest money, a good job, health, and other favorable circumstances for a "better" life they will of course not come about, because it's not what you really wanted. Your soul is much more powerful than what you can think of in your conscious mind and will draw you to/into life situations you had chosen to experience. Once you learned the intended lesson these situation will change and dissolve by itself.

For example, I read a story about someone who had incarnated to live the life of a homeless alcoholic person in order to teach others compassion.

I think we have a wrong understanding in regards to what to manifest for ourselves. This doesn't necessarily have to apply to you, innerlight, but it is something worth thinking about.
Old 27-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
I think there is a misunderstanding, generally, regarding what we actually need and want. What if your life plan was to experience a time of poverty, or a certain illness, or being alone without friends/family, etc? You will manifest that because it is what you want, deep within yourself, in order to learn from it.

If then you try to wish for or manifest money, a good job, health, and other favorable circumstances for a "better" life they will of course not come about, because it's not what you really wanted. Your soul is much more powerful than what you can think of in your conscious mind and will draw you to/into life situations you had chosen to experience. Once you learned the intended lesson these situation will change and dissolve by itself.

For example, I read a story about someone who had incarnated to live the life of a homeless alcoholic person in order to teach others compassion.

I think we have a wrong understanding in regards to what to manifest for ourselves. This doesn't necessarily have to apply to you, innerlight, but it is something worth thinking about.

I can be given opportunities for a lesson, but I will not really manifest them myself without putting the intentions myself out there. Unless we agree on the notion that I have no freewill on earth, and will always do what is made of me. Scary thought.

Let's take your story example here, John Doe's soul wants to live the life a homeless alcoholic person to teach others example. The universe aligns that to be so. John meet's Pete, and Pete offers him a drink, and he falls in love. And can't stop throwing back a few each night. Losing everything in the process... However at any point John could take the initiative and decide he wants to change this, and make a different life for him. He would always decide to stop drinking. Unless we want to accept the reality that his soul will always override that and force him to drink until the day he dies. Which, I am sure, some people end up down that path.

For me, I like to believe in hope of a better tomorrow for everyone. It doesn't serve me any to believe in misery is my only option, and I will always have nothing. Yes, peace can be found in nothing. And that is a wonderful lesson in and of itself.

However, this wasn't about having tons of money. While that is a nice idea. This was more in being able to know the universe will provide for you. I do see, the confusion in what I said in the original posting. Of how I made it sound like it's about having any and everything under the sun. That was not my intentions in it.

So the consensus it seems to be the universe will provide for you.. Anything you need? Whatever that seems to be? Depending on what the universe deems you need? Would that not be a limiting thing of the universe? Like a catch 22. You can have whatever you want.. As long as it's not B, C, D, or any other letter that's not A.

With such limitations does that not diminish the power of manifesting, and of affirmations. You can put out, and manifest something... But it may not work for you. If it's not for you.

Perhaps why I don't really manifest in my life. Seems to be too much "fine print."
Old 27-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Guide

Quote:
With such limitations does that not diminish the power of manifesting, and of affirmations. You can put out, and manifest something... But it may not work for you. If it's not for you. [/i]

I think one of the issues with manifesting and affirmations and the lot is a question of just who "I" am. Am "I" the person living the current life, who has to deal with unpleasant people, keeping a job, paying bills, etc. or am "I" the SOUL that has accumulated millennia of learning and lessons and promises?

My guess is that if the "I" that is the overarching culmination of me decides to manifest something, it will probably work. That would mean it was in alignment with whatever I plan to accomplish in this lifetime. It would be helpful to achieving my goals.

If, however, I attempted to manifest something that the "I" that leads my ordinary everyday life and deals with everyday wants and desires... I doubt very much that it would work.

So on one level (the SOUL level) I have total freedom and freewill.

On the "current life" level I only have freedom and freewill if it aligns with what my SOUL level deems acceptable. Not the Universe or God or anything else. Just what a more knowing part of myself judges to be right and good and appropriate.

So if I vowed to learn simplicity and patience, compassion and thrift in this lifetime... yeah I might try to manifest a large windfall, but I really doubt it would come to pass. But if my lessons this time around are more aligned with charity, benevolence, and learning what it is like to have adequate resources, then the same manifestation would probably work.

The trick is to know why you came back, and what the plan for your life is.
Old 28-05-2018, 05:55 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
For me, I like to believe in hope of a better tomorrow for everyone. It doesn't serve me any to believe in misery is my only option, and I will always have nothing. Yes, peace can be found in nothing. And that is a wonderful lesson in and of itself.

Misery comes when our mind, our ego, labels something as bad or wrong, etc. Not because the circumstances as such are wrong or bad. These circumstances might be needed, wanted and chosen by that particular soul as an opportunity to learn, or to teach others. So, the soul of the drunken homeless man I used as an example might be very happy that it accomplished exactly what it set out to do. The soul is not miserable, only the role it plays might appear so. The soul might be disappointed though if it wasn't able to do/learn in this life what it had planned.

Quote:
However, this wasn't about having tons of money. While that is a nice idea. This was more in being able to know the universe will provide for you. I do see, the confusion in what I said in the original posting. Of how I made it sound like it's about having any and everything under the sun. That was not my intentions in it.

I understand. That's why I mentioned loneliness or illness/handicaps too.

Quote:
So the consensus it seems to be the universe will provide for you.. Anything you need? Whatever that seems to be? Depending on what the universe deems you need? Would that not be a limiting thing of the universe? Like a catch 22. You can have whatever you want.. As long as it's not B, C, D, or any other letter that's not A.

With such limitations does that not diminish the power of manifesting, and of affirmations. You can put out, and manifest something... But it may not work for you. If it's not for you.

I believe the universe provides you with the learning opportunities you yourself had chosen for this particular incarnation. Is that limiting? Yes, but it's limiting in line with what you wanted to experience. You opted for those limitations, and yes, it would then limit the possibilities you can manifest for yourself.

But from what I read, it is not set in stone. If you as your higher self/soul change your mind about a certain experience you can do that. There's free will, always. If the homeless drunkard's soul sees that, ok I taught a few people compassion, now it's time for something else, he's free to do that and either leave this incarnation, or change his life circumstances.

This is all my opinion and you might understand things differently.