Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Newbie ;)

Change!

Hi not sure if this is the right forum for this thread, but I can't find a specific thread. I am a pagan who also lives off-grid! Are there any other off- grinders on SF? I am talking about spiritual development alongside the lifestyle. Ten years ago we gave up the rat race to travel after 4 years we have found what for us is paradise. That discover has given me the opportunity to fully explore my spiritual side. My point being, has anyone else radically changed their lifestyle that then allowed their true spirituality to emerge?
Old 18-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Master

Your post made me curious. Would you describe your found paradise? Also, what do you mean by your "true spirituality to emerge"?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Inavalan. Found paradise is a small shepherds cottage on the edge of a forest surrounded by a river only accessible by foot. Wildlife and sunshine abound. 1 hr from the beach, 1.5 he from skiing. I have always been a pagan but being here has allowed me to self explore without distraction and discover my personal spiritual path. It is reinforced every day that I breath this air. Good journey.
Old 18-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Sounds really interesting.

What is your favorite experience so far?

Are you writing & journaling your experiences?
Old 18-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Clover. There is a large local boar that I have a connection with that I look for in the hunting season. So every time I see him after a hunting day is a favourite day. I started to journal the experience but found that distracting from living in the moment so stopped.
Old 20-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Master
That sounds really awesome mundbora! I'm so happy for you. maybe you could just try journaling like once a week or something? would that help you still stay living in the moment but also allow for the advantages and gifts that can come from writing? even if you just keep them to yourself.. but let us in if you want to lol

I definitely don't live off grid, but I'm not active in the community or with a social life or anything at all. I guess that my spirituality is more mundane in a sense, or my path anyways.. as it's called for me to be practical about things like mainstream toxic products and environments that I don't want to be exposed to. My senses increase, especially my sense of smell, so I can't even stand getting products from certain stores anymore that I can smell the storewide air freshener or cleaning products or whatever used on them, even inside packaging of items. I know this doesn't relate to living on an island lol or such radical changes, but I guess my changes would be radical to some still. I would love to be more immersed in nature and try out living on an island or somewhere else more detached from the modern world.

As it is now though, I have to just transport myself to the other small worlds I have available here, like when staring at the tiny magical emerald and peridot gem weeds on the ground or taking in the scene of the sewage stream down the street that looks like a river with nice trees lining it on one side lol, or trying to smell the gorgeous pine trees without inhaling peoples' obnoxious toxic laundry softener polluting the air, etc.. I marvel at the tiny parcels of paradise I have here, I mean some bushes are starting to bud flowers and I am just blown away at that simple thing so it's not the ideal landscape but I let myself be taken away by it just the same.. in a couple months I'll have a precious flower garden to get lost in so that helps a lot! at least where I live now in Alabama southern U.S. is a step above the much longer winter months of Wisconsin which I left a few years ago.. but back there I had a park with a couple ponds and lots of trees nearby, and here the closest nature retreat is a park with just some trees and that sewage stream I mentioned lol (I guess it is from the sewer but it doesn't smell or anything, just looks like a small river within concrete). But the amount of trees and bushes that flower here is astounding and I am very grateful to be able to witness that!
Old 22-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Sapphirez. Do I detect a true woodland spirit? You see beauty where others would see human ugliness and waste. An earth incarnation of the mother perhaps. I shall consult my green man. Happy days.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:53 AM
ant

Hi mundbora,

I had a spiritual awakening 4yrs ago and i've always dreamt of going off grid.

6mnths ago,it was time to sell up and make that dream a reality.

Bought an old period home in a small country town of 500 people and i had all intentions of going off grid,but now

can't justify the outlay for solar and i now think it's just one big scam.

That aside,the house is pretty self sufficient,and has a fireplace,gas bottle heating,wood stove and a disused

boiler in the roof for hot water,if in future i wanted to rig that backup again.

There was also a large disused water tank,where i ended up cutting in half and made two permaculture setups.

I have farmland to the right and a not so close neighbor to the right,whom btw told me after i not long moved in

that he was on the brink of suicide,when his thoughts changed and saw things in another light,a bit like what

eckart tolle experienced.

The town has a large sleeping volcano,which i have a good view from my house and has an ever flowing spring.
There's abundant wild life,wet lands,a lake about 15minutes away and 45minutes from the sea.

Close to paradise for me,peace and quiet and away from all the noise,drama and angst of city/suburban life.