Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Master
whatever floats anyones boat I say :)
Spiritlite.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Cosmix

While I'd like to believe there orbs - and who knows maybe they actually are - I have to agree with Chrysaetos that its dust particles and light. You can see in the bottom corner that the ground is dirt, kicking up many particles of dust while people walk through. I've been in old lodges etc. like that and you can really feel the dust and the smell of it too.

I'd like to see the other pics you have of orbs and the pics where there were no orbs if you can.

What should I look for in an orb photo?As mentioned above there is no official way to determine authenticity of an orb within a photo but here are a few key elements to keep in mine. 1. A bright orb is more likely to be real than a faded one. 2. Multiple orbs in a single photo are most likely dust motes. 3. Orbs that are bright and show a vibrating effect within the photo are likely to be real. 4. A slight trail is also something to look for in determining true orbs.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Master
Um there was no one in the lodge, we were the only ones in the entire village and out of respect we did NOT enter any homes, therefore we did not go in the house, no one before us had (trust me there was no one in the park) and we took the photo at the entrance.....so no the "mud" or dirt was not kicked around, besides the earth was packed. Plus there was no smell of dust or dirt.
Spiritlite
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Master
And if anyone wants to dispute orbs can we just start another thread I feel it's kind of disrespectful because I beleive a lot of us believe these are spirits of Native Americans and I feel that to dispute that is disrespectful to the culture, I don't know just a thought.
Spiritlite.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
.so no the "mud" or dirt was not kicked around, besides the earth was packed. Plus there was no smell of dust or dirt.
There are always dust particles around, which we can't see with our eyes. But a camera can capture it.

''
It should be noted also that the size of the camera is another consideration in the recent proliferation of orb photos. As film cameras, and then digital cameras, have steadily shrunk in size, reports of "orbs" increased accordingly. As cameras became smaller, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash also shrank, decreasing the angle of reflection back into the lens causing less focus on small light artifacts and thus an orblike appearance.''
http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=display&webtag=ab-paranormal&tid=14572

Believe me, I'd like to believe those orbs are spirits.
But what if they were spirits? They shown themselves not to our eyes, but to our camera? (meaning they are now subject to sceptics like me);D
And the closer they are to the light, the lighter they are. Why would a spiritual being be subject to our light? If these phenomena can be explained, unfortunately, I don't believe they are spirits.

In your opening post you said:''...
which some people believe are spirits.
Here's one of the pics, tell me what you think?
''

I did. We could all say that those orbs were spirits, and think we see real faces, and all agree with one another. But it's also interesting to look at it without beliefs.

Everyone is free to believe what they want, but beliefs should always be open to a challenge!

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 05-11-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos

Everyone is free to believe what they want, but beliefs should always be open to a challenge!

Why ? .......

You have given very reasonable explanations for the orbs, other than that they are spirits .... rain, moisture, light reflections, dust particles ..... all plausable explanations to you, and you describe optical illusions and matrixing and offer scientific evidence to back it all up, but .......

Why should beliefs always be open to a challenge ?

Debate is healthy, yes .... but only up to a point .... your point of view on these orbs as we can see, is very scientific, and you have every right to think this way. but previously you posted ..... "Of course we are free to believe, but I also like to show you that there are other and better explanations".

There are other explanations, and they may be "better" to you, but to Spiritlite and others here, not so. I am sure when she posted the orb pictures, she didn't expect to have her views on them constantly dismissed scientifically.

Can you not just accept that Spiritlite and others here view these orb pictures as being the spirits of Native Americans .... as Spiritlite said, if you want to dispute orbs, you could always open another thread.

You also said .... "I've seen more of these photo's around and I think people are too eager to believe stuff that isn't there" ...... again, your opinion ....fair enough, but it seems that Spiritlife's original joy of her post has been clouded somewhat, by your scientifically attempting to explain everything away ....

I'm not trying to have a pop at you mate .... just some observations on your posts, and for the record, I also think the orbs are spiritual in nature .... that is my personal belief .... I don't expect you to agree with me, but .... ce la vie
Old 06-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Master
Soul Searching thankyou and high five, the issue is I don't mind a debate but please open another thread, it just puts down my belief of believing they are orbs...........Thankyou Soul...xoxo
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:24 AM
eraser

Does this forum discourage questioning, then? Are only cheerleaders and the like-minded allowed to post?

No initiate in any discipline, spiritual or material, ever learned without questioning -- and being questioned.

If your beliefs cannot withstand scrutiny -- how firmly rooted can they be?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Master
Eraser it's not a matter of being disputed but constantly trying to change my beliefs that those aren't orbs just kind of put me off. I understand how orbs can form, my father was a photographer, so I understand how people can think those aren't spirits. However, to be disputed to the point where I'm feeling like I don't want to look at this post again I don't know just kind of puts me off. Like I requested if people want to debate if orbs are ghosts or dust then why not start a new thread? That's all.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 AM
Master
I say let this post rest, enjoy the photo if you believe those are orbs and spirits great, if not great....start another thread about whether orbs are really ghosts or not, that would be more fun I feel.
Spiritlite.