Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 PM
simyboye

My poor cat

Hello there,
I hope you're all well and happy?

My mums cat that I gave to her regretably got killed by a car 10 days ago, we are so very upset about it. He went missing then after days of searching and posting flyers, we found out he was at the vets some many miles away.

He has been cold stored and I had to go and identify him this morning. I need a hug.

I'm faced with an option this time and don't know what to do with him or his empty shell. If he's gone home where he's safe and happy, Do i cremate him or let the vets do as they wish with him?

As far as I'm concearned, his spirit has gone home, and there's just a shell left. So cremation is not really the thing to do.

I just wanted peoples thoughts please.

Love and light to you all.
James
x
Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Makoorakoo

hiya James,
when my cats died I personally buried them in our back guarden, gave them a gravestone so angels could find them and called the angels with light. Whatever you feel you have to do, simply do it as if you feel it is right then you are surely giving your respect to your mums cats body. Im sending my asteral hugs to you and hope you recieve them well. Animals are like people to people who care, and so its like losing a family member. Hope this helps and hope you feel better, as death leads to new life.

Love and blessings to all
Old 04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
SpiritAwakes

hugs to James

Hi James,

((Hugs) ((Hugs) and more ((hugs)

It's so hard to lose a loved one. I feel for you right now and am sending you plenty of love, light and healing. Know that your kitty has gone to a beautiful, peaceful place, and that you can still access him/her but just in a different way now. Whatever you decide to do with the body, is fine. I agree, it's just the shell and the soul has already left. But if it would comfort you to have your kitty buried or cremated, then do what you feel is best. If you don't, that's fine as well, because the spirit has already left and that was the part that you loved and who was, and will always be, one of your dearest friends.

((Hugs) some more~
Old 04-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Richie

Hey James.

I think for some reason Cats and Humans have a strong bond unlike any other animals. I am 29 years old and I had a cat for 21 of those years, when she died I buried her in the garden and was very upset. I always knew where she was and sat beside her sometimes.

Even though you are left with an empty shell, bringing it home and burying it in the garden will give you a place to remember it. You can sit there and imagine it sitting on your lap. Sounds strange but many times I thought I felt her rubbing against me while I was sitting there.

I feel it will bring some closure to your pets death and you will never wonder where her body went.

Richie.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 PM
simyboye

Hi there,
Thank you so much for all your thoughts and love sent...

To be honest, picking him up would be better and then burying him.

Love and light to you all.
James
x

Old 04-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Muddler

Hi James, my commisserations. Wrt what you do - it really is all about what makes you feel good. Your cat won't mind. And yes (I strongly believe), they have spirits. Be open & you'll notice.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 PM
janspirit

Red face

Hi James

sorry to hear about your cat... My cat passed away in the mid 90's...he just went away one day (he was sick) and didn't come back, so i had no body to bury..

He was a beautiful black cat called Donal and I have for about 5 years.. I got him from the cat's home.. when he was about 1.. He lived a colourful life, always out and about... I thought if he was human he'd be a biker or something LOL..

One night i dreamed of him after he went away and he was happy and safe..

I know he'll be there when I pass over.

currently I share my life with two beautiful cats, tabbies, one is 5 and one is nearly one.. the young one always puts toys next to me ready to play as soon as i wake up, bless her...

Cats are wonderful, this life would be a lot emptier without them..

Lots of hugs to u

Janspirit xoxo

PS Last July my lovely sister Lucy lost her beautiful Fudge and she asked me to tell ya that she was in the vets with the same dilemma... she had him for 5 years..
and she left him there overnight and rang and said I WANT TO BRING HIM HOME the next day.. He is buried in the garden and she said she feels better for that
cos she knows where he is, she buried him with his teddy and said her goodbye, and she sends u a Big Hug... xoxo

Last edited by janspirit : 04-04-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:24 AM
simyboye

Dear Janspirit

I hope your well and happy? I wanted to thank you and your sister. How very sweet of you and your kind message.

Thank you so much. I will go collect dear spud and put him in the garden.

All my love and light

James
x
Old 05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Moonflower

Angel1

Hi Simboye

Pets become entrenched in our lives as family they tread/walk with us on the other side of the veil just as we humans do spirit always go on..

I had 2 jack russells Russell was his name who was 17 years young when he passed over but his son benny who is now 11 & was one of russells pups he missed him so much at the start he is more needy me & my shadow hee hee but was taught by russell to be just as naughty lol.

Russell was buried in his own little coffin in my garden my husband still goes out there every morning to say hi, when it is benny's time he will be alongside his dad.

You & your family will always treasure memories of Spud a great name by the way!!

Love & light Moonflower x
Closed Thread