Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 12-03-2017, 01:35 AM
Pathfinder

Astrology Courses by Max Heindel

Anyone familiar with these courses?
Old 12-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Master
I don't like them.

They are rosicrucian or something and I don't care for that.

That is my opinion. I would rather use a different source. There are plenty to choose from.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Master
I have read Max Heindl's Message of the stars. It is a good book. It gave me a solid footing on the basics of astrology. It is old fashioned though, there are newer sources on medical astrology wih more profound explanations.
The newer books are more concentrated and expound only on one theme more often. Max Heindl books are well written and throw light from a spiritual perspective. I wouldn't underestimate his works.
I have never really heard about Max heindl's astrology courses. I am not sure how they work. I feel being open to multiple sources will give you are more liberal approach to astrology. I am not too well acquanited with this course.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
I don't like them.

They are rosicrucian or something and I don't care for that.

That is my opinion. I would rather use a different source. There are plenty to choose from.

Yes Max Heindel was. A Rosicrucian student. Do you have a reason for not caring for it? Or just not something you're interested in investigating? Is this why you prefer a different source for Astrology studies?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
I have read Max Heindl's Message of the stars. It is a good book. It gave me a solid footing on the basics of astrology. It is old fashioned though, there are newer sources on medical astrology wih more profound explanations.
The newer books are more concentrated and expound only on one theme more often. Max Heindl books are well written and throw light from a spiritual perspective. I wouldn't underestimate his works.
I have never really heard about Max heindl's astrology courses. I am not sure how they work. I feel being open to multiple sources will give you are more liberal approach to astrology. I am not too well acquanited with this course.

I have gained a lot of spiritual insight from everything I've read from Heindel. I wish an expert would revise his material, for the reason you stated. I would be very interested to know from you where might I look to study astrology outside of his writings? I'm a novice.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealerW
Yes Max Heindel was. A Rosicrucian student. Do you have a reason for not caring for it? Or just not something you're interested in investigating? Is this why you prefer a different source for Astrology studies?

'Uranus has a very marked evil influence on the sex which is ruled by this sign, producing most deep-seated venereal diseases"...

That is one sentence from the book. I wish I could copy the whole paragraph because it talks about contortions and St. Vitus dance and spasms when this planet is afflicted in the sign of Taurus....

That is not the presentation of astrology that appeals to me.

There are different ways to approach astrology, and that is not my way.

I would never tell someone that they have an afflicted planet that will produce contortions and spasms and St. Vitus Dance, not to mention venereal disease and evil influences.

I would never use the term 'evil influences' and 'sex' in the same sentence.

I didn't even find it entertaining, which I might if it was.

I think it is good to read different perspectives and approaches and older writings and etc...there might be a kernel of understanding to be found there that can't be easily found elsewhere, but it isn't a good primer. The author was opinionated and not objective and difficult to understand. Wouldn't a beginner prefer something that is easy to understand?

There are better options. We have choices.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie

'Uranus has a very marked evil influence on the sex which is ruled by this sign, producing most deep-seated venereal diseases"...

That is one sentence from the book. I wish I could copy the whole paragraph because it talks about contortions and St. Vitus dance and spasms when this planet is afflicted in the sign of Taurus....

That is not the presentation of astrology that appeals to me.

There are different ways to approach astrology, and that is not my way.

I would never tell someone that they have an afflicted planet that will produce contortions and spasms and St. Vitus Dance, not to mention venereal disease and evil influences.

I would never use the term 'evil influences' and 'sex' in the same sentence.

I didn't even find it entertaining, which I might if it was.

I think it is good to read different perspectives and approaches and older writings and etc...there might be a kernel of understanding to be found there that can't be easily found elsewhere, but it isn't a good primer. The author was opinionated and not objective and difficult to understand. Wouldn't a beginner prefer something that is easy to understand?

There are better options. We have choices.

I appreciate the thoughtful answer. As I mentioned I'm a novice of astrology, but Heindel's philosophical work, especially his commentary on the astrological meaning of the Bible, has bridged a profound gap for me against the religion of my youth.

Just a thought to consider, if we are all indeed influenced by the stars, and good and evil exist, could here be some truth to Heindel's assertion about Uranus? I only ask because I want to learn more about why we study the stars.

Thanks again for your time.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Master
That single sentence that I came across was written when the planet Uranus was still a new discovery. They didn't know exactly what it meant and he had written that it was exalted in Scorpio. I guess that is right.

It takes time for astrologers to study the energies of a new planet to see how it fits in with what we know.

I can see how you would like the blend of Christian religion and astrology. That point of view might appeal to you.

There are many ways to approach astrology, just as there are many ways to approach religion.

Whatever works for you is fine. I don't think his writings are wrong. It was premature to make that judgment about Uranus, but Uranus does tend to be a little kinky if it is square to Venus for example. Maybe he said that because Taurus is ruled by Venus. If afflicted that could mean venereal disease in his mind and era perhaps. At that time, it was quite a problem. Now we have antibiotics so that wouldn't be the problem it once was.

I could read that paragraph and understand what he was talking about maybe. I don't like that judgmental approach, but that is my view.

Some people don't even use modern rulers and only use traditional rulers. That is a school of thought and a way that some people practice.

I am not saying Max Heindel is wrong, but it isn't how I work with astrology. These are energies that can be interpreted in different ways, but the basic energies are universally understood.

I am not religious and that approach isn't right for me, but it might be right for you. Generally one would consult a number of sources and find what works best for them.

At that time, it wasn't easy to calculate a chart. They needed a table of houses and an ephemeris and it took a bit of work. Now we can easily view a chart in a number of different ways and there is much more information to analyze.

I think that was and is helpful to you because it shows you how to blend astrological concepts with religious concepts. Somehow that struck a chord. That is what matters.
Old 13-03-2017, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star

Stephen Arroyo's Astrology, Psychology and the Four elements is a good one to get you started. You can also read chart interpretation hand book by Stephen Arroyo. If you are interested in exploring past lives, Yesterday's Sky by Steven Forrest is a good one. I have Kevin Burke's book of Nodes that is a good reference about the nodal axis explained in Yesterday's sky.
I am not a very religious person, although if you rule out the religious part Heindel is still a reliable source. Yes it is old fashioned but I feel his works have made an attempt to explain things from a higher ground. It still applies regardless of the time we are in. Because wisdom never grows old. A lot of modern astrologers are making the same attempt and reading his books isn't going to be a waste if you are able to take the best from it.
Also not limiting yourself to simply one style but being open to various inputs is advisable, since there is some very impressive material in the market today. You can learn from most of them.