Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 04-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Medicine Bags

Hello. I have a question about medicine bags. What keeps you on it? I hope you can help me. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Hi Buffalo Welcome to Spiritual Forums,

Medicine bags are small bags and they include items important to the individuel some carry sage, crystals feathers etc what ever is important to urself they help in the clearing of negative energies,and aid in spiritual healing but everyone will have something that means something to them contained in it,

Namaste
Old 04-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Oki and welcome to Sf.

Something else to add to what Native spirit has posted is that you should remember is that the contents of a persons medicine pouch is personal medicine to them, and as such should never been shown to or handled by others not even friends or family.

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 28-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
Oki and welcome to Sf.

Something else to add to what Native spirit has posted is that you should remember is that the contents of a persons medicine pouch is personal medicine to them, and as such should never been shown to or handled by others not even friends or family.

Makoiyi

What happens in the event of someone passing? Does a family member keep the medicine pouch and just not look at it, just keep it safe?
Old 28-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
It go's with the person it belonged to ie Cremated or Buried with them becuase it was personal to them.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 17-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Experiencer

Hello Buffalo and Welcome to this forum.. I agree with both Native Spirit and Makoiyi.. The pouch is usually quite small and it 's contents may depend on what help you may need from Great spirit..
In mine I have asmall piece of white sage, some seeds for the land and a snall strand of sweetgrass, the last item was a cystal called an Apache tear, to hrlp with grief and loss... Something I really need right now...
Old 27-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Master
I love my medicine pouch
Old 11-03-2017, 05:34 AM
Newbie ;)

something that was suggested to me for a first medicine bag was to keep pieces of a medicine wheel in it to lay out as a meditation every day and orient to the four cardinal points of the universe.
after medicine begins to appear in your life, refresh the contents.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Experiencer
I'm echoing what the others say in that typically, the contents are personally significant to the individual carrying it. For example mine contains feathers from a member of the species of one of my guides, a few crystals from the place I call my spiritual home, and a piece of branch from a grove of trees I felt connected to that were cut down. Most of the time they're natural things, but not always. I have a token coin from a family fun center we used to have in my hometown that I have fond memories of. It helps remind me of my inner child. Some others carry things from late family members, it really varies.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 16-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Master
I have a medicine bag that my Native American Indian friend made for me. That is special for that reason. It isn't my way, but it was his way. I think the Native American approach to spirituality is quite good.

I simply keep my pouch on the shelf where I keep my medication. It is always there. Symbolically it is strong medicine.