Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 11-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Master
Paranormal Obsession

Can someone in a haunted home become consumed with the paranormal activities to the detriment of non-paranormal life? I've been in this situation many times in the past so I recognize what can become neglected in the process.

I am concerned about someone close to me that is neglecting things around her, including her teens. There is considerable amounts of paranormal activity in the home of both a positive and negative nature. In fact, they experience such events almost daily.

When I speak to her I want to hear about how she is feeling, how her teens are doing, and what's new, etc. I am fascinated and have personal experience with the paranormal so she trusts talking to me about what happens at the home. But every conversation is only about such events, seldom about life. But I suppose this is a big part of her life.

Mediums have offered to come to the house to cleanse and attempt to get ride of spirits that reside there. This is not wanted, however, because there is fascination to the point, I feel, has become a substitute for dealing with all the bad some people deal with in life.

Like, I said. I have walked in these shoes before.

Does anyone experience this him/herself?

When is it healthy and when is it unhealthy?
Old 13-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Master

I wounder how much of the activities are from true ghosts and from human created thought forms .
Old 23-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Master

If one is new to it or still getting used to it.. it can be quite overwhelming and hence feel very good to be sharing with someone what is going on. For several years I was like that.. it really was doing my head in with all the different stuff going on.

I've backed away from all my previous practices as I needed a break and I was feeling quite out of normal reality in the end as all the strange stuff was almost a daily occurrence and more then I could deal with well as just left me with too much to think about and investigate. For me it ended up becoming unhealthy (I wasn't fearful but just completely overwhelmed while trying to understand and adapt to everything).

Obviously if she doesn't want it cleared, she must be handling it okay and not too overwhelmed by it. She should settle down once all this like becomes "old" and not something all exciting and to be studied.
Old 24-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I wounder how much of the activities are from true ghosts and from human created thought forms .

desert rat - What's your thoughts on thought forms? Are the people that reside in this house producing energy of poltergeist activity? There is quite a bit of emotional turbulence in this home.
Old 24-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
If one is new to it or still getting used to it.. it can be quite overwhelming and hence feel very good to be sharing with someone what is going on. For several years I was like that.. it really was doing my head in with all the different stuff going on.

I've backed away from all my previous practices as I needed a break and I was feeling quite out of normal reality in the end as all the strange stuff was almost a daily occurrence and more then I could deal with well as just left me with too much to think about and investigate. For me it ended up becoming unhealthy (I wasn't fearful but just completely overwhelmed while trying to understand and adapt to everything).

Obviously if she doesn't want it cleared, she must be handling it okay and not too overwhelmed by it. She should settle down once all this like becomes "old" and not something all exciting and to be studied.

sea-dove - Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I was very much caught up in my own preoccupation for a number of years. This individual has been experiencing a vast amount of paranormal activity in the home for at least 10 years. I'm worried that she is avoiding other important issues that exist in her life as a result of a subconscious preoccupation with other worldly activities to lessen the stress of life. Don't really know.