Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 03-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Newbie ;)

How Do I Connect With My Spirit Guides?

Namaste,

I am looking to increase my psychic abilities and intuition to connect more with higher realms and myself, is this dangerous? I am 21 and I love meditation, yoga, and mindfulness but I'm looking to advance in my spirituality more.. feel lighter & more connected to the deeper world around us.

Thank you so much,
Blessings,

Nicole
Old 06-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Seeker

Hi Nicole,

I wouldn't say that becoming more psychically aware and intuitive is dangerous. It's getting in touch with who we truly are and by allowing yourself to be more aware of your true nature as well as raising your vibrations is a beautiful thing. You start to appreciate things more, become less judgmental and see this world in a whole new light.

Hope that helps.

Namaste
Old 14-04-2020, 05:14 AM
Experiencer
I agree with BecomingAuthentic, I've never seen it to be dangerous as long as you're following common sense (if someone promises to "open your third eye so you can ascend to heaven if you just send $300 by Paypal", it's probably not a good idea).

In answer to your post title question, there are a lot of ways to connect with your spirit guides. I personally recommend doing something relevant to their type/species if you know it; if they're a turtle, for example, having a little turtle statue. Or if an angel, maybe a feather. But if you're not able to find their exact type, you can usually find some guided meditations by googling something like "Spirit Guide Guided Meditation"; there's one floating around by Wynyfryd's Meditation Room I recommend if you can find it. Or, you can simply do any kind of offering or gesture to them; I have yet to meet a spirit guide who was offended by an offering or gesture for being "wrong". Some people like to draw their guides, write about them, have a special candle to light for them, make a special prayer or charm. I like to have a picture of a member of my guide's species as my computer login image so I see them at least once a day, which keeps them in mind.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 15-04-2020, 01:57 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
I agree with BecomingAuthentic, I've never seen it to be dangerous as long as you're following common sense (if someone promises to "open your third eye so you can ascend to heaven if you just send $300 by Paypal", it's probably not a good idea).

In answer to your post title question, there are a lot of ways to connect with your spirit guides. I personally recommend doing something relevant to their type/species if you know it; if they're a turtle, for example, having a little turtle statue. Or if an angel, maybe a feather. But if you're not able to find their exact type, you can usually find some guided meditations by googling something like "Spirit Guide Guided Meditation"; there's one floating around by Wynyfryd's Meditation Room I recommend if you can find it. Or, you can simply do any kind of offering or gesture to them; I have yet to meet a spirit guide who was offended by an offering or gesture for being "wrong". Some people like to draw their guides, write about them, have a special candle to light for them, make a special prayer or charm. I like to have a picture of a member of my guide's species as my computer login image so I see them at least once a day, which keeps them in mind.

Crystal Ambassador, I was intrigued by your comment on making an offering to your spirit guides as that is something I have never come across. What kind of offering do you suggest?

BTW, thanks for the information about the guided meditation.
Namaste
Old 15-04-2020, 07:44 PM
Cat

Now, Nicolecherie, you know what I found interesting was why would you
think it would be dangerous?
What have you heard?

And thanks in advance.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-04-2020, 08:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolecherielukas
Namaste,

I am looking to increase my psychic abilities and intuition to connect more with higher realms and myself, is this dangerous? I am 21 and I love meditation, yoga, and mindfulness but I'm looking to advance in my spirituality more.. feel lighter & more connected to the deeper world around us.

Thank you so much,
Blessings,

Nicole
I guess the risk is to follow some guru, book, or dogma that give you bad advice.

You see, now you believe that meditation, yoga, and mindfulness are good for you. I don't say they aren't. But how do you know they are? Because some people say to do it? Because some people say they benefit from it? How do you choose? Why? You have to make, and make decisions all the time.

Ultimately, maybe nothing is dangerous. Everything is an experience. What is the danger? Pain? Waste of time? Missed opportunities? Is there a danger for your soul? How do you know?

To me, the worst thing is anticipatory fear. Not the fear that makes you jump away from an approaching car, not the reactive fear that protects you of imminent danger.

You're very young. All paths are open to you. Be patient, take your time, keep your options open, learn, don't close your mind!

In my opinion, the only source of knowledge you can trust is your inner source. No external one!

Learn to get in touch with that source, with a completely unbiased attitude. Leave aside absolutely all the beliefs and expectations you have. Ask and take the answers raw, as they come, without rationalizing them. Build your own knowledge answer by answer.

Continuously keep vigilant to not get affected by any external dogma.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolecherielukas
Namaste,

Thank you so much,
Blessings,

Nicole

Yes it's dangerous. A lot of things are dangerous and have some kind of risk. Those who are there to tell you not to touch, not to hear, not to smell, is telling you something that is against your own human instinct. For example, a lot of those who will not risk anything that is trivial, are those who already got established believes, and they will never risk themselves in very little things because they are already subconsciously programmed that doing anything off tangent means they will lose grip of their own reality (or even their eternity). Therefore they will tell you that the best way is not to touch it.

Yes, they are right. If you don't walk outside, you sure won't catch a cold. If you stay at home all day, you won't need to be hurt by the sun. But as you see, at a certain pace, you will eventually need to step outside on your own to see and learn the things that you have to learn, simply because you will want it so badly that not doing so is a deep suffer on its own.

This case is just like any spiritual development. Eventually when you have to develop further, you will have to do things that others deem to be dangerous and not daring to touch. While this is not everybody, but I think a lot of people here already got such need, otherwise they won't be here at all.

Weight the risk yourself is the utmost important. While you go off to discover spiritual realities on your own, never lose your conscious in a trance state nor when you are dreaming. Always stay alert in some way and never waver, and that way you will have the ability to minimize any risk that comes from it. If they tell you something insensible or silly, chances are, that it would be so.

Do not just receive - I can tell you a little bit about how those meditations might turn out in a negative way though, so that you can be alert on that. Real cases on what I had experienced. But do pay note that I am not totally free from risk at all, and no humans will unless they don't sense nor touch at all.

--- The last time I had been following a manual about a magick ritual, and I had been practicing it for around 10 days until I found myself being more and more prone to anger and distortion. I stopped afterwards, as I found myself more and more prone to agree on what the magician said. This is Danger Sign number 1, especially if you and your thoughts became more and more biased that you are unable to see other pictures from other different things. I stopped the rituals altogether, and that stopped too, and I have not been bothered with that guy's thought again. As an extension, such spiritual groups will always have followers that stick to the master as if it's their lifeline, and they do everything to fight for him, and those groups are never peaceful at all. This is Danger Sign no.2. I saw this sign on my own, and realized why they had so much trouble outside the world. I cannot name who that guy is. All I can do is to tell you to pay attention to the symptoms. If in doubt, and you cannot resolve it but finding yourself defending a believe without you realizing it earlier, chances are, you are already within it. And chances are, too, that you are well better off pulling yourself off those people/spirits/etc.

Pay attention to yourself especially how your thought and feels change. If the feeling turns out to be not what you want, or you are getting reliant or addicted to it, it means that the channeling you have done is negative in nature, and that means that you must stop.

Good luck. I hope this general advice helps.
Old 19-04-2020, 04:58 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becomingauthentic
Crystal Ambassador, I was intrigued by your comment on making an offering to your spirit guides as that is something I have never come across. What kind of offering do you suggest?

BTW, thanks for the information about the guided meditation.
Namaste
No problem, guided meditations are great for keeping on track if you've got a wandering mind like me.

I find it can benefit to do an offering relevant to your guide's type; I've heard of shamans "feeding" their spirit guides (which we carry inside our bodies) by eating something the spirit would; for example, if the guide is an eagle, eating salmon. Obviously this could be an issue for things like a frog spirit, but you get the idea. I've also seen offerings of fruit like papaya and mango placed on a shrine dedicated to the guardian spirit. One of my favorites is to light a special candle set aside for them; for example, if I were to do a candle offering, I'd have a votive that's only lit during offerings, set next to a statue of my guide, and then light it while saying some kind of statement like "I light this candle in honor of the light with which you guide me, thank you for everything you do." Incense and sage or lavender bundles work well too. I personally prefer the more sense-provoking offerings like food and smells. Some shamans have a special dance or song that they do as an offering and connection to their guides, but I'm not familiar enough to know specifics. Crystals can also make for good offerings, and/or a place they can "store" their energy that acts as a connecting point between you two. Borrowing from Catholicism, you can also have a tiny bowl (or abalone shell) of water, dip your fingers in it, and do a particular gesture as an offering to them. All depends on what resonates best with you and helps you feel close to them.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 21-04-2020, 03:07 AM
Newbie ;)

Pray to Lord God Almighty to help you connect with your guides because you might not have guides now. It will happen.Also do you have passed relatives like an uncle o anyone. If you do pray to them to connect with them as your spirit guides.
Peace
Old 21-04-2020, 03:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Pray to Lord God Almighty to help you connect with your guides because you might not have guides now. It will happen.Also do you have passed relatives like an uncle o anyone. If you do pray to them to connect with them as your spirit guides.
Peace