Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-03-2020, 01:50 PM
Master

When I started this thread I never could have imagined that it would still be alive and kicking three years later.
It has I suppose led to nothing other than total confusion.
I'd like to say that I have, in my opinion, answered my own question somewhere else on SF, namely that 'god' when 'setting up' this present universe, constructed certain laws, those we call natural laws or the nuclear, electromagnetic, and laws of gravity, placed 'himself' within these laws. To 'show himself' in the manner I suggested, would mean breaking these laws - and this is not, or wouldn't be permissible, as miracles in our universe don't exist. Thus 'God' showing himself would be such a one.

Here is a NDE which I can absolutely identify myself with - it's one of the best, if not the best I have ever listened to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2NLEYHjG1g

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 23-03-2020, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Regardless of how Spiritual we'd like to think of ourselves as being we're still human, but personally I think that being human is our greatest asset. Spirit did make the choice to come here after all, for its own reasons. In part yes, there is a certain degree of comfort in there being a part of us or 'something' that never changes, but at the same time the only constant is change. Can we not encompass both at the same time or are we slaves to our binary thinking? Around these parts there's a saying, "The more things change the more they stay the same."

The Truth doesn't oppose itself, truth as agenda does.
Yah, to all that! Here's an interesting article about 'open'-mindedness - https://getpocket.com/explore/item/o...=pocket-newtab - not everyone is 'open' to being conscious of the complexities you perceive and (sometimes ) articulate.

Regarding the "The more things change the more they stay the same" sound-bite tho, I have to say that I think this is slanted, 'comfort-seeking' justifying-n-reinforcing ("there is being a part of us or 'something' that never changes" propaganda. I myself prefer and advocate think, feeling, believing and acting on the basis that 'we' (or at least 'I' and others like 'me') are really dynamically ever-surfing towards more and more magnificently varied (Love-and Joy-ful) experiences and expressions of Life's Being-and-Becoming process. In my view, 'comfort' is a 'seductive' kind of 'petite mort' (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_petite_mort) which leads to atrophy and stagnation if it is over-indulgently (i.e. extensively) 'bathed' in, IMO.

Reprising one of my book-'teachings' in this regard:
I have deliberately not used phrases like ‘reaching Godhead’ and ‘getting to Heaven’, though what I am advo*cating is exactly that, because they erroneously imply an end‑destination. In terms of Life, this is a false concept. In case, having found Life’s mode of flux upsetting, you are one who has fallen prey to the temptation to set your sights on an illusion of some sort of utopian finale, let me disabuse you of the notion. The best, ultimately most glorious and joyful attain*ment is not a place or state that one arrives at and stays in. Staticity of any kind, if prolonged, leads to stagnation. In terms of Creativity, it is 'death'! The ecstatic ‘peak’ such terms refer to is really not a final attainment or accomplishment, as many naively believe. Rather, as the words ‘Eternal Life’ clearly indicate, it is ever-ongoing Creative process.
Old 23-03-2020, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
When I started this thread I never could have imagined that it would still be alive and kicking three years later.
I think the point(s) made in this post: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=767 must have gone 'over' your 'head', Busby.

I suggest you re-consider the propositions contained therein. IMO, this is a most wonderfull thread - thanks to 'you', of course!

Old 23-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Definitely not closed. The confusion was already there in silence. I know I've asked the question many times to, we all have so it is definitely much older then 3 years. We are strongly tied to our perspectives and no one I imagine has changed their minds holding in place the same idea. Here we can be mindful if we wish. The conversation is also an opportunity. Lot's of new information though to consider needing to be said if it is to be explored. Personally I am glad you asked the question to observe. Here we can talk about what we cannot talk about in any other place or with others. Confusion or argument though. Keep in mind this is what is taught in the world and may reflect teaching.
Old 23-03-2020, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
I'd like to say that I have, in my opinion, answered my own question somewhere else on SF, namely that 'god' when 'setting up' this present universe, constructed certain laws, those we call natural laws or the nuclear, electromagnetic, and laws of gravity, placed 'himself' within these laws. To 'show himself' in the manner I suggested, would mean breaking these laws - and this is not, or wouldn't be permissible, as miracles in our universe don't exist. Thus 'God' showing himself would be such a one.

Here is a NDE which I can absolutely identify myself with - it's one of the best, if not the best I have ever listened to.

Immersing ourselves in this experience, creating and enjoying this experience, other than denying and trying to escape it also makes sense, why incarnate here otherwise. Guy in the video has an interesting account. Which seems very believable to me.

Glad you will now not be requiring a 6ft hummingbird Busby
Old 24-03-2020, 01:40 AM
Quote:
I'm 9 minutes in and it took awhile cuz he's a slow talker - but he's got it!!Thanks!
Funny how a simple guy can say things like an advanced yogi.

He really gets it.

Oh my. I'm way in now and when he starts talking about what's good or bad...I might as well
be sitting at the feet of a Master. What a depth of understanding he was able to realize.
Around 16 min.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 24-03-2020 at 02:36 AM.
Old 24-03-2020, 05:45 AM
Knower
Quote:

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????

Perhaps She enjoys asking questions, living the mystery, and is still finding herself.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I think the point(s) made in this post: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=767 must have gone 'over' your 'head', Busby.

I suggest you re-consider the propositions contained therein. IMO, this is a most wonderfull thread - thanks to 'you', of course!

It seems so davidsun - that part about going over my head - you'll need to explain as I cannot see the point you are making.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm 9 minutes in and it took awhile cuz he's a slow talker - but he's got it!!Thanks!

He really gets it.

Oh my. I'm way in now and when he starts talking about what's good or bad...I might as well
be sitting at the feet of a Master. What a depth of understanding he was able to realize.
Around 16 min.

Miss Hepburn I'd just like to say that I have long been of the opinion that the thing we call 'truth' (you may recall yourself asking about the rice picker in the paddy fields of Vietnam, a question I didn't answer) is so simple that we cannot see it.

- Mark Twain.

Last edited by Busby : 25-03-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old 25-03-2020, 05:37 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

He really gets it.

Around 16 min.
I'm going to take him to the bar so I can buy him quite a few beers.

So where does Spirituality sit with all of that?