Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #801  
Old Today, 07:13 AM
Busby Busby is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,143
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hi-Ho Busby - I very appreciate the quality of the spirit of your 'search' and 'sharing' of info related thereto.

In response to the 'fable' of what 'foible' of the fella who was given three 'wishes' by a genie, I remember as a kid thinking I would only 'need' (want?) one wish to be 'granted': and that wish would be "I wish that whatever I wish (whenever!) would 'come true'."

In the same 'wisdom' flow, relating to the 'limitation' implicit in your believing "No matter what we find after searching we'll always find that which confirms what we know.", I recommend 'wishing' and believing that you (anyone!) can (and will!) find, and not only find but also grow to be able to functionally implement said 'knowledge', what you may as yet not know! (As you will undoubtedly appreciate, such admission of personally not ([not U]fully[/u] that is) 'knowing' and so being 'open' to further, previously unimagined, 'revelations' requires that one humbly tolerate a certain degree of mental 'uncertainty' and (derivative) feeling of emotional 'insecurity'

In the typically 'dense' language of my treatise (the above para states it more simply), I said articulat it this way: "One’s psychospiritual process being so multi-factor determined and fluidly moment-to-moment variable as to only be approximately known, felt and related to (by way of ‘normal’ consciousness and cognition, that is), and what one thinks and feels in relation and response to any given stimulus at any given point pretty much just being a function of one’s history prior to one’s arrival at such point in any case, I more than anything else recommend that you (anyone!) primarily rely on the results of your earnestly praying, that is, of your intentionally desiring and attitudinally expecting, to be shown (by capital ‘M’ Mind) whatever, if anything, you may (presently) not be 'seeing' which it might be better for you to 'see' (‘better’ in terms of leading you in a ‘greater’ Love and Joy Life‑Flow direction), and that you also be sparked and spurred (by capital ‘S’ Spirit) to ‘do’ whatever would be best in that case (‘best’ by virtue of your consequently becoming as Love and Joy Flow-augmenting as you can possibly be in such vein)."

I think that this is the way in which the advice, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you,” (Matthew 7:7) may be put to the most ‘profitable’ (for you and everyone else!) use.

davidsun, hello.
You yourself used the word 'dense' to describe your argument(s) here on SF. By the time one has mentally fought through all the possible twists and turns implicit in your message it is very often necessary to start again after getting lost in the maze.
We were talking about the NDE of Rich Kelley and my point was that I can identify myself with his understanding of what he experienced.
My own experiences, call them; mystical, paranormal, spiritual, fifth- dimensional or whatever, are all I have to go on to answer those questions to which I seek an answer. In this case (my case) they suffice. I don't need a Bible or any other collection of descriptive mental pictures to lean on. I'm not being arrogant here, in my old age I can look back and say I have been very lucky - although I still look upon these moments in astonishment as being, well, 'out of this world'.
Obviously I look and always have done for confirmation of what I have been (in a very small way) given to understand. This confirmation has often appeared on the horizon in various dresses but without an intruding bang.
So, I say, that each of us has at least the semblance of a solution when we awaken each morning into a 'new' universe. We, each of us, isn't in the universe, we are the universe.

Each of us adds, in the way we find right, to the universe experiencing itself.
__________________


What dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil.
Hamlet



What does a frog in a pond know of the world's oceans??
Reply With Quote
  #802  
Old Today, 01:52 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 2,902
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
davidsun, hello.
You yourself used the word 'dense' to describe your argument(s) here on SF. By the time one has mentally fought through all the possible twists and turns implicit in your message it is very often necessary to start again after getting lost in the maze.
We were talking about the NDE of Rich Kelley and my point was that I can identify myself with his understanding of what he experienced.
My own experiences, call them; mystical, paranormal, spiritual, fifth- dimensional or whatever, are all I have to go on to answer those questions to which I seek an answer. In this case (my case) they suffice. I don't need a Bible or any other collection of descriptive mental pictures to lean on. I'm not being arrogant here, in my old age I can look back and say I have been very lucky - although I still look upon these moments in astonishment as being, well, 'out of this world'.
Obviously I look and always have done for confirmation of what I have been (in a very small way) given to understand. This confirmation has often appeared on the horizon in various dresses but without an intruding bang.
So, I say, that each of us has at least the semblance of a solution when we awaken each morning into a 'new' universe. We, each of us, isn't in the universe, we are the universe.

Each of us adds, in the way we find right, to the universe experiencing itself.
My mind and spirit grooved right along with everything you wrote in your mini--bible ('bible' = 'book') here, Busby ...

... except they both 'balked' when I came to "We, each of us, isn't in the universe, we are [?] the universe.."

My 'thought' and 'sense' is that this statement is both an illogical conclusion and preposterous claim.

This is where consideration of other people's conclusions (wherever they may have been recorded) provide contrasting conclusions to check one's own conclusions against. This one happens to be from The Bible: "In 'him' we live, and move, and have our being." (Acts 17:28)

Not that others conclusions might not also be preposterous and illogical, mind you! One has to very logical (and therefore selective) before deciding what one 'assents' to. Establishing intersubjective concurrence is not a 'simple' process, just as building any 'house' that can accommodate more than one person is.

All of the above offered as my subjective opinion for your subjective consideration and 'judgment' as to its logicality and meaning-full-ness to you of course.
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #803  
Old Today, 02:28 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dear beautiful Canada
Posts: 7,653
  Baile's Avatar
Every soul is the Living Stream. Together, all souls are the Living Stream. These thoughts of mine, and the words I’m typing, and the iPhone I’m using, are the Living Stream. Everything is of, and is, the Living Stream. Nothing exists that is not the Living Stream. Bailey Boy logic hehe!
Reply With Quote
  #804  
Old Today, 02:34 PM
Jyotir Jyotir is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,804
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
We [...] are the universe

Yes.

This is Oneness.

Logic may also provide this conclusion as long as duality isn't the originating premise.
Even an enhanced or refined duality is still duality.

In Oneness the 'logic' is that it necessarily includes everything because everything is everything.

That is pure logic even if dualistic thinking finds it irrational!

More logic:
Therefore, per the OP, God is always showing Him/Her Self since there is nothing else in, of, with, through, and for that Oneness.
And we are THAT, we just don't realize it (or see it)...or reason* it.


*For instance as reasoned by dualistic thinking, the false premise is that duality is presumed to be "essential" when really it is conditional, not essential.
That "dualism is essential" is the incorrect premise resulting in false conclusion (even if reasoned flawlessly) which is itself based in dualistic thinking, which is in turn based in that conditionality!

Whereas what is essential is by Nature UNCONDITIONAL.





~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : Today at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #805  
Old Today, 02:37 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dear beautiful Canada
Posts: 7,653
  Baile's Avatar
One way to see life: “Oh I get it, the Living Stream moves in you in such a way that you say the Universe is every soul! Fascinating manifestation of Living Stream inspiration. Different from what the Living Stream shows me, interesting! Let’s compare notes!”

Less arguments, fewer wars and disasters, a cornucopia of joy and love for each soul on this fragile planet.
Reply With Quote
  #806  
Old Today, 02:39 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Guide
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 725
 
How is our presence not a part of the universe?

Even when we are physically no longer there, our presence, once manifest, cannot ever be undone - it echoes through the future into eternity. So also does it echo into the past, in all those moments that lead to our manifestation in an unbroken chain throughout time and space.

We are inseparable from the universe, and the universe is quite literally inseparable from us. We are the universe.
__________________


Willing to experience aloneness,
I discover connection everywhere;

Turning to face my fear,
I meet the warrior who lives within me;

Opening to my loss and pain and ignorance,
I remember who I am and what I'm here for.

Surrendering into emptiness,
I find fullness without end.

Each condition I flee from pursues me,
Each condition I welcome transforms me

and becomes itself transformed
into the blessing it always was.

~Jennifer Welwood~
Reply With Quote
  #807  
Old Today, 02:50 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 2,902
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Yes.

This is Oneness.

Logic may also provide this conclusion as long as duality isn't the original premise! Even an enhanced or refined duality is still duality.



~ J
This may be 'true' insofar as your 'vision' goes. There are those, like me, who 'see' that 'duality' is an essential aspect of 'oneness', however. Without real duality - i.e. without there really being more than one aspect of/to Life - 'oneness' would be a meaningless concept and experience.

IOW, what you think of as being 'oneness', J, is a self-contradictory (nonsensical when followed to its logical conclusion) idea in my view.

I think that 'Non-Duality', like 'Non-Being' (self-extinction[?]), is basically just an 'imaginary' wish-fulfilling(?) proposition/myth, IOW. There is only the 'self' (of greater or lesser Beings) and 'self' is necessarily 'dualistic'. See http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...0&postcount=93 for the logic that leads me to this realization.
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #808  
Old Today, 02:52 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 2,902
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Every soul is the Living Stream. Together, all souls are the Living Stream. These thoughts of mine, and the words Iím typing, and the iPhone Iím using, are the Living Stream. Everything is of, and is, the Living Stream. Nothing exists that is not the Living Stream. Bailey Boy logic hehe!
He's back - Woohoo!
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #809  
Old Today, 03:39 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,060
 
I've learnt that God reveals Himself in a very intimate way to all people, some see His signs and some don't, it's just a matter of perception, if you are open for such things, you may experience God in this very life, otherwise you may simply overlook them and God is nowhere to be found.

God is in the rain...
__________________
My Father and your Father, the Father of all, the Supreme Being, is calling us to the Truth. Can't you hear His call, the knocks in the door? Open the door, so the Truth may dwell within you.
Come, whoever you are and from wherever you are, come, rich or poor, master or servant, come!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums