Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 31-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Master
25 years ago few people used the internet. Look at it now. 15 years ago we didn't have smartphones or social media..
Now it has transformed the world and how people communicate..

Things can change quickly, but if we have to believe the common assumptions of the academic world and follow statistics there would never be much change..
Their methods thrive on predictability and repeatability..

Some recent news..

Quote:
A farmer was recently on the road to the abattoir when he changed direction and drove his trailer full of lambs 200 miles to an animal sanctuary instead. Sivalingam Vasanthakumar, 60, from Devon, now plans to grow vegetables.

Vasanthakumar is not the only farmer to perform this kind of reversal. In 2017, Jay Wilde, of Bradley Nook farm in Derbyshire, took his cattle to a sanctuary and decided to become a vegan farmer (the film telling this story, 73 Cows, has been nominated for a Bafta). In the US, the Illinois-based charity Free From Harm has gathered tales of many farmers who have had epiphanies and switched to veganism.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ging-your-mind

All changes start small and are being laughed at and ridiculed, then they are opposed with strong words and even violence..
In recent months there's been a lot of exposure about what happens in farms and slaughterhouses, much to the annoyance of governments who don't want stuff like that exposed because they prefer to keep people in the dark, and keep their industrial meat world alive. Making money out of dead animals (a very large profit for governments, heavily subsidized), in the name of ''business'' and ''economic advantage'' and ''it's just an animal''..

Time's will change, maybe too slowly, but they will. If lab-grown meat can help along the way then that's okay..
For many vegs it won't be necessary since they're used to the taste of other protein sources..

This farmer has made a change and hopefully he will inspire more farmers and people to make a positive change..

Last edited by Altair : 31-01-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I avoid putting words in anyone's mouth.
I just might know something about the developments on this planet you might not. And it doesn't always matter whether this happens in 10, 50 or 100 years.

You can bank on it, creation, even so it does not force it, it will get it's way.

A mass dieoff maybe?

It is quite plausible--though the way it happens is anyone's guess.

I feel as though that one of the only ways in which humans completely stop eating meat. I know I would stop if it wasn't readily available.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I saw an article in the Eating Well Magazine (July/August 2018) that said they are progressing with growing meats like beef muscle and chicken and even fish in labs. They are hoping to hit store shelves by the end of 2018.

Big meat companies like Tyson, according to the article, are investing in this procedure.

One person in the article said an study was done at Oxford on lab-grown meats and they said it uses up to 96 percent less water and 99 percent less greenhouse gas.

And since there is no fecal contamination there is less likelihood of the meat becoming contaminated with Salmonella and E. coli.

There is no harm to the host cow, chicken or fish. A tiny amount of muscle tissue is taken from the animal.

At Maastricht University, researchers developed this method of growing beef in a lab.

Muscle-specific stem cells are isolated from the tissue sample.

The cells are placed in a liquid that "feeds" them. They multiply by 100 trillion-fold over 7 to 8 weeks and start becoming actual muscle cells.

Groups of 1.5 million cells fuse into a strand. A gel column is added and the fibers form a 1 millimeter ring around it. The muscle cells contract spontaneously, and the ring structure translates that contraction into tension, triggering protein formation.

I'm especially curious to know if Vegans and Vegetarians would consider consuming lab-grown meats. But all are welcome to comment.
that would be wwwaaaayyy to weird. The future is scary.
Old 19-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Seeker

sounds kinda gross to me but at least you're not killing anything
Old 18-09-2019, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
In recent months there's been a lot of exposure about what happens in farms and slaughterhouses, much to the annoyance of governments who don't want stuff like that exposed because they prefer to keep people in the dark, and keep their industrial meat world alive. Making money out of dead animals (a very large profit for governments, heavily subsidized), in the name of ''business'' and ''economic advantage'' and ''it's just an animal''..
I recently was at a PETA event and watched some of their videos.
I asked how old were the videos and if most of the videos were from 3rd world countries.
One scene they claim was animal cruely was in reality just the opposite. The scene was the 'delivery' of a still born calf.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜