Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Incredible experience while meditating

I was meditating earlier and I had the most amazing experience to date. I was going through my chakras, visualising as best I could and letting the energy flow through me. I was getting some whistling in my ears which is a common thing with me lately, as well as various colours in my line of vision.

I finally got to the crown chakra and then just fell into a trance for a short time. I put out the thought that I'd like to meet my spirit guide which is something I've been asking in my daily meditations for over a week.

Shortly afterward I suddenly felt full of love and joy - hard to explain and not sure if it came from me (think it did) - it was just this feeling of being at peace with it all. At the same time I started to see pink with my closed eyes. I stayed with this feeling and my whole upper torso started to vibrate very gently, I've never had that before. As I stayed with the sensation I developed this incredibly icy, icy cold all over. It seemed to start on my head and neck but then went down my spine and eventually coated my entire body. It wasn't unpleasant (ie it didn't make me feel cold insde) but the intensity of the experience brought me out of meditation with a start. It didn't frighten me exactly but I had never experienced anything so powerful.

I have no idea what this was - guide or my own energy field - but it was really something. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 19-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Experiencer
Not in the same way, but that sounds most likely to be guide contact to me. I first met my guide in a workshop where we were encouraged to meditate and ask our guides to come close to us so we could try to feel them with us. In my case, I felt a hot, tingly energy, but all energy beings feel different (and all of us feel energy differently) so some people reported a cold feeling or a soft, fuzzy feeling, and so on. A cold feeling is the one most commonly associated with spirit touch.

If you felt it all over, I wonder if your guide was giving you a hug. That's one of the first things mine did!

If you feel this experience again, ask if it is your guide, and if they can give you some confirmation - such as touch your crown chakra or touch a certain part of your body, and see if you can feel their energy there.

Either way I would take this as confirmation that you are headed in the right direction!
Old 19-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Master
I have to admit I'm a little envious of all these experiences you've been having, Starbuck!

Considering that the love and joy derived soon after your request, this certainly sounds like your Guide. How lovely!

I agree with West. Ask for some confirmation. :) You certainly seem receptive to it all.

Old 19-01-2011, 05:46 AM
santacruz18

I receive, kind of cold, tingle chills frequently. For me, it feels like a zap. Sometimes it creeps up. I never "hear" anything with this experience. I never receive signs at the time I ask. Like my guides/angels are stubborn. Would you say this is spirit contact?
Old 19-01-2011, 06:04 AM
tragblack

It is so refreshing when we really taste the results of our practice, isn't it?

Yesterday, I was doing some chi exercises from a book with very intricate and specific instructions. As I finished the exercise, my mouth suddenly filled with saliva and a rush of heat came up into my crown. It was so startling and physical. I continued reading the instructions:

"If done correctly, there should be avid salivation and the built-up Chi will rush to and nourish the crown."

=)
Old 19-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Master

I had a similar experience recently. I was meditating and felt energy flowing through my crown down my back and out my arms. I think I was sending healing to someone. I don't recall for sure. I got the icy feeling which was a first really. Especially over such a large area of my body. I usually feel warm.

I was seeing the colors of the chakras starting w/ yellow, then green, light blue, purple. Kind of up and down through the colors. It was kind of neat but I don't know what it means.
Old 19-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks all! Nice to hear everyone's thoughts and experiences! It was such a lovely thing to happen as it felt so powerful. I'll try asking for confirmation next time and see if it was a guide. Even if it wasn't my vibrations were clearly extremely high and it felt like something really special was happening
Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Master
Wow, that is incredible, Starbuck!

When you say you felt an 'icy' feeling, it reminded me of when I did a crystal meditation and experienced what I would describe as a 'minty' feeling that was pleasant and 'roamed' from my forehead, over my scalp, down one side of my face, to the back of my neck & can't remember where it went from there..

Is the icy feeling you had something like that??

Also, I just read TODAY in a book that contains Edgar Cayce's views on meditation, that feeling a 'coolness' on the head and/or forehead (among other sensory experiences) while meditating is a sign that 'something is happening'.

I was excited because it was the first time (that I can recall) reading anything about this particular phenomenon..

And, I had read often of others experiencing a warmth of some kind and wondered if in my case it might just be some kind of physical anomaly since it was a 'cold' feeling.

Anyway.... I take Cayce's remarks to mean that at the very least , experiencing something like this is a good sign that the meditation is helping you to connect to Source. :)

I am eager to follow your development now that I see that we are experiencing some of the same things (I recall posting on another of your threads recently!) ;)

Many blessings to you on your journey! ((((HUGS)))))

Cam/EarthMamma
Old 01-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Master
You get the flowering of love. Is wonderful.