Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Knower

Thank you Invalan and Linen. I needed to hear that! It is still a tough pill but I am feeling better now.
Old 25-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
There are some seemingly positive thoughts and feelings that we have to be careful with too, both because they may be painful (e.g. compassion, and you don't want more occasions to feel compassion), and because they have hidden in them the seed of their dual negative correspondent (e.g. love has the seed of fear of loss of love, and you don't want to bring the loss of love into your life).

Hi Inavalan, would you mind just clarifying this part. Are you suggesting not to love in case it turns to fear? What about a nurse for instance working in a hospice re the compassion comment too?
Old 26-12-2019, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxTracks
Does anyone one else here have experience with digging into past lives and discovering that they have had been a very bad person/people?

I have been plagued by misfortune for much of my life, and as I have confronted past life and ancestral issues I have seen vast improvement. But one in particular, a past life, has me nearly in paroxysms.

This one was so bad I am nearly in shock. The things I had done are so against everything I care about and stand for, and so incredibly horrible, that I cannot even process it and I have been nearly in a daze for a couple days.

In a way it has brought me comfort as I know understand that world and spirit are loving and magnanimous, whereas before I was torn up because I did not understand why I had such misfortune.

But I am also deeply hurt by this revelation. I feel as if my very existence is a crime.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
I live near Tombstone, Arizona: a place where numerous movies, TV shows, books, etc. came about as a result of that City's history. Surprisingly, the women who are drawn to that City's past, virtually all claim they had past life's in that City as prostitutes. Oddly, today they look at that profession as an admirable profession.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-12-2019, 12:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I live near Tombstone, Arizona: a place where numerous movies, TV shows, books, etc. came about as a result of that City's history. Surprisingly, the women who are drawn to that City's past, virtually all claim they had past life's in that City as prostitutes. Oddly, today they look at that profession as an admirable profession.

That was funny! Thanks! Great observation.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-12-2019, 01:40 AM
Master

From my post on another thread:
Quote:
Your thoughts and emotions always take form as, create, thought-forms. Thought-forms' stability is proportional to the intensity and the duration of your thoughts and emotions. Those thought-forms materialize, in your reality, into situations that cause you in-like, similar, thoughts and emotions in you, only you.

The conscious you (outer-you), together with your subconscious, and with your inner-self, form a personality, that together with many other personalities that share the same inner-self form an entity. Those other personalities are all the other incarnations of the same inner-self.

All subconscious(es) are connected (telepathically, for a lack of a better word).

Your subconscious creates your physical body, and whatever your senses perceive. It records everything that ever happened to you.

How it works: You see a tragedy. You have (strong) emotions and thoughts about it. You have two choices:
1. You get upset, keep coming back over what happened, feel sorry for the victims, anger even hate for the perpetrators.
2. After your first emotions, you think about what you'd want to happen, what can be done to alleviate the victims' pain, what should change for such tragedies not to repeat.
In both situations your thoughts generate thought-forms that will materialize into situations that will cause you in-like thoughts and emotions, in the future. It's your choice which way you go!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-12-2019, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
1. You get upset, keep coming back over what happened, feel sorry for the victims, anger even hate for the perpetrators.
2. After your first emotions, you think about what you'd want to happen, what can be done to alleviate the victims' pain, what should change for such tragedies not to repeat.

Or the third option of acceptance. Like the nurse that sits by the bedside of some one that is dying. Avoiding isn't really going to get us anywhere.
Old 26-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That was funny! Thanks! Great observation.
I forgot to mention, the guys for the most part claim they were cowboys or gunfighters. I never met a person who claimed they were involving in mining.

Tombstone, Territory of Arizona was a progressive mining community.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-12-2020, 12:16 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Does anyone one else here have experience with digging into past lives and discovering that they have had been a very bad person/people?

I have been plagued by misfortune for much of my life, and as I have confronted past life and ancestral issues I have seen vast improvement. But one in particular, a past life, has me nearly in paroxysms.

This one was so bad I am nearly in shock. The things I had done are so against everything I care about and stand for, and so incredibly horrible, that I cannot even process it and I have been nearly in a daze for a couple days.

In a way it has brought me comfort as I know understand that world and spirit are loving and magnanimous, whereas before I was torn up because I did not understand why I had such misfortune.

But I am also deeply hurt by this revelation. I feel as if my very existence is a crime.

the most important thing is who you are now and you being horrorfied by this past life shows how much you have evolved. You need to consider how you yourself was treated in that life that too made you that way.

You having misfortune to the point that you think you may be cursed is too tools to make you even more advanced, or so I have read.

I have trouble forgiving myself for something in the pat. I think it has plaqued me in one way or another ever since. It is a feeling of fear and self disgust that is paralyzing, facing one self. I actually think that is more hard than for the person in question, the spirit I mean. The person I failed does not show any resentment to me, but I have most difficulty with it.

In my most previous life I was still self destructive in one way, but healed in another, but still the self destructive part took lots of abuse thinking that part of herself deserved it. I see no other reason why she was not considering her intelligence reacting sooner when seeing those little signs from the get go.

In this life I get very strong and angry instantly to protect other's, but weaker when it comes to my own rights; it is the self destructive part again. Thinking if you are the same - you too struggle with this, but keep working, one day you will be free of it. We're here to play parts; the villain, the hero etc, etc, to balance it all out.
Old 26-12-2020, 10:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:

What many people don't seem to realise about Past Lives is that they occur in a certain context, and when people explore Past Lives outside of that context it all goes badly wrong. Just like this post. So, let's rewind.

It's called Life's Purpose, Karmic Agreement or any of a number of other names and basically it's an agreement made by two Spirits prior to incarnating. So in that context, you agreed to be the bad guy and the other person agreed to be the victim, for either their, your or both of your Spiritual Developments. People gain more from adversity - Spiritually too - than they do from having a Life of bliss and harmony. You having endured all that misfortune and how you've turned out either because of it or despite it says something about you personally. So when you think about how character-building your misfortune is/has been and what you personally have gained from it, the question might be - in the context of you being Spirit in pre-incarnation - "Did I love myself enough to give myself this experience?"

Most of the conversations of this ilk become about good and evil but there's a far 'bigger picture' beyond that. If you chose your misfortune before you reincarnated, what were your reasons for choosing it? What does your Spirit gain? What you have gained is that Spirit is Loving and magnanimous. So the question now is, were you being that Loving and magnanimous when you chose to be the 'bad guy' in your Past Life so you could help out a fellow Spirit, when they Loved themselves enough to give themselves that experience? And did you Love them (and yourself) enough to give them that experience, bearing in mind how it must have felt for a Loving and magnanimous Spirit?

Also bear in mind that 'that Life' was 'that Life' and you had very different reasons for being 'there' than you have for being 'here', so what you're having issues with is not putting 'that Life' into that context and 'this Life' into this context. It's never about what you did but the reasons you chose it and what you gained/gain from it. This Life is this Life, that Past Life is that Past Life. If you're going to go delving and exploring in this manner, you have to be able to 'step up' your thinking.
Old 27-12-2020, 07:34 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I forgot to mention, the guys for the most part claim they were cowboys or gunfighters. I never met a person who claimed they were involving in mining.

Tombstone, Territory of Arizona was a progressive mining community.

interesting the idea we reincarnate in same location as before