Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 16-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Master
I was getting bored drinking Moccona, so yesterday, I went out and bought my favourite coffee - Nescafe Green Blend.

Green coffee is higher in antioxidants and it has the bitter kicker which I enjoy.

If I drink any more than two barista-made lattes in one day, I am climbing the walls and I'll have insomnia for 2-3 days after. The coffees at Gloria Jeans, Starbucks and Michels are very strong - so I usually have a chai latte or a decaf.

Instant coffee doesn't have that much of an effect, but yeap, sometimes it makes me jittery and feeling like electric ants are crawling all over my skin. I'll usually have 2 cups in the morning as soon as I wake up and that's it for the rest of the day, drinking tea instead - but I like that very strong too - almost black.

Coffee is like a double-edged sword. I woke up with a headache today...coffee fixed it, but now I am hyper - can't have it both ways. lol
Old 17-11-2016, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
I like coffee. We generally get along well together. I have two in the morning and then usually no more all day. But (weird this is!) -sometimes if ever I can't sleep, I get up and have a black coffee, and sleeep like a baby afterwards.
I like my coffee black no sugar, and smooth, not too strong..."Americano" I think it's called. My favourite is "breakfast blend" ground coffee by Miles, from my village store.
Really rarely I feel a side effect from my morning coffee, but that is very rare. Then I feel my heart speed up. (yikes!....but I can't imagine dropping dead without my morning coffee! haha)
Why it will soothe me to sleep in the wee hours of the morning....I have no idea.

Yes I find it's certainly good for my emotions.
Old 27-11-2016, 07:53 AM
Experiencer
No coffee for me. I'm hypersensitive to caffeine, alcohol, you name it. Any emotion I'm feeling it's magnified then. Even without it I feel a lot, sometimes too much. But I used to drink it for a short time long time ago. It tastes great and smells very nice. Shame I can't handle it. Lucky you, coffee drinkers.:)
Old 05-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Master
Myself, I do enjoy both good coffee and good tea...
Strong tea and dark roast coffee (so, the weakest but most flavourful coffee).
I generally drink only herbal tea (or decaf out) after 6 or so.
I grind my own beans and also buy a lot of loose leaf tea.
If I had nothing but water, tea, and coffee for beverages, I'd be fine.
Herbal teas (infusions) are a huge part of herbal medicine, so that covers a lot.

Healthwise, I find moderate amounts of caffeine to be hugely beneficial to mood and thus to the spirit Provided you adequately hydrate.
I agree buying good quality stuff, preferably organic, is really key.

The latest research (luckily) now shows that coffee has many health benefits...and most of all, it is a powerful liver tonic and cancer preventative. Not that most of us needed much convincing

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270202.php

So, unless you're sensitive, then in moderation, drink up!!!
Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 06-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
dark roast coffee (so, the weakest but most flavourful coffee).
I've been buying dark roast for 17 years because I thought it was the strongest. Well whatever. One cup first thing, organic to avoid digestion issues... good to go for another 23 1/2 hours.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I feel like my moods have been going haywire. I know I have " internal issues" like all humans however, I am starting to wonder if coffee is making me emotionally unbalanced. I drink a good 4 cups a day. That first cup always hits the spot. Than of course, the feeling of coming down is another story.
I would like to hear of stories of those with less than good experiences.. I am wondering if it's time for me to get rid of this for good.

One suggestion always always made to newbie widow/ers was to cut out caffeine including aspirin that contained it ...
Caffeine effects emotions causing anxiety, irritability, depression, agitation, etc ...
Most notably, during major lifestyle changes or loss or trying times when emotions are high ...
For us, caffeine made us crazy w/grief ...
It was the difference between normal grief crying or having it elevated by caffeine to angry screaming & crying ...
Many simply changed to non-decaffeinated ...
Hope this helps ...

Last edited by Really! : 06-01-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Master
I started drinking coffee probably my late 30s early 40s...loved it...but over the past 2 years I don't have much of a desire for it anymore. Sometimes out at dinner a cup after dinner if I had a dessert was nice..it was just as indulging as the dessert...but I can't remember the last time I had a cup. When I'm at the office I've been drinking around 6 cups of tea a day...nothing added.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I've been buying dark roast for 17 years because I thought it was the strongest. Well whatever. One cup first thing, organic to avoid digestion issues... good to go for another 23 1/2 hours.

Hahaha...well, I think there's very little diff in caffeine levels, actually, unless you are sensitive.

Dark's the most flavourful but supposedly tends to have the least caffeine per equivalent amount by volume (since roasting makes the beans expand and may effect caffeine levels -which is debatable). By weight it tends to go the other way but I think we usually all go by volume (scoops or spoons).

I know that when I had the lightest roasts, the jolt seemed more brutal and immediate, but maybe it's a delivery system thing for me and the darker roasts just absorb more slowly for whatever reason (???).

Which is less what I want these days, MOST of the time

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 07-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Dark's the most flavourful
Okay flavorful... yes, I guess I meant heavier, and not stronger. So I prefer a heavy coffee experience. :)
Old 07-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Deactivated Account

My favorite coffee to date is Peruvian Organic, followed by Colombian; columbians just seem to have the best beans

Here in Florida, many of the restaurants, particularly the Spanish ones don't offer traditional coffee servings, its called "cafeicito" ( means little coffee in Spanish). Its expresso basically. Small tiny dainty cups, hard hit