Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 30-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel H
I invite you to participate in a telepathy test.

At about 7:48 p.m. on this Monday April 1 (Brussels, Belgium time), I wrote carefully one of the four numbers: "1", "2", "3", "4" on my sheet of paper, and I surrounded it with a circle. Then, I wrote it again twice.

I shall repeat this number from time to time during this test.

It was selected using this random number generator: random.org/integers/.

I ask you to write it here (if you think you know it, even with a doubt). You may also answer "I don't know".

So, your answer should be one of the four numbers: "1", "2", "3", "4", or "I don't know".

I would also appreciate a little comment.

Please note that the number I wrote has no meaning, it was just produced by the generator.

Thank you for participating.

Michel H - I guessed 13. He He 1 + 3 = 4 LOL I exercise simultaneously with my husband. Me on one machine and he on another. Whenever he gets done he asks me to guess the number of calories he burned. The first time he asked me I guessed the exact number. The following night I guessed his number again. It's a 3 digit number. Sometimes I guess a number that is very close but perhaps I see the number upside down like a 9 for a 6. Since he feels I'm reading the number in his head, he now thinks of another number or has me guess before he looks himself. Usually he has to look at it first because I believe I'm picking up on his number through him, not the machine. A little while back I asked him what's with the golf club? He doesn't golf, but a coworker brought her son's toy golf club in to work that day. Fun stuff.

Blackraven
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSPREY1
If telepathy is/was possible one would have to approach it from a scientific angle & perspective.

Not wild ideas based on fantasy and lacking in scientific 'evidence' and fact.

If such is possible it would be in the form of:

BEMR- Bio-Electromagnetic Radiation

Such being that such a signals transmission can be short range 'only'. unless the signal can hitch a ride on other EMR signals (e.g. carrier wave) in the surrounding environment which is highly improbable.
The human body radiates a number of different signals on a number of different wave lengths.

Test conditions: Example

EMR free environment (Silver stone facility or similar)

Proximity of test subjects: Under <50meters under controlled conditions.

The sensations are in the mind and are not as detailed as one might hope. The BEMR portrays the emotional state of that person their intent there immediate line of thought entangled with emotion.

It is not a case you can pick up word for word what a person is thinking, but more so the intent and/or nature surrounded in emotion of what it is that a person is thinking.

This is due to the nature of BEMR signals they are not brain waves, it is the Bio-Electromagnetic Radiation from the human body.

Which is yet to be proved. Ignorance is common place.

Human beings are set in their ways they believe only in what they can see, hear and touch.

One can not see the EM field of the Earth yet it exists none the less, though you can see the effects of it all around.

Sorry to waffle on.

Osprey1
Osprey1

You seem to assume that the brain emits no electromagnetic radiation in the short-wave band (if I understand you correctly, see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortwave_bands, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skywave), which is far from being a sure thing (in fact, I think it's even unlikely). To my knowledge, electromagnetic radiations emitted either by the brain, or the whole human body has never been seriously measured. Don't confuse the low frequencies seen in scalp electro-encepholography, which are between 1 and 20 Hz (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography#Normal_activity), and the higher frequencies observed in electro-corticography, for which a sampling rate of more than 10 kHz is necessary to observe action potentials of neurons (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrocorticography#Electrophysiological_basis) . Of course, 10 kHz is still a long way off 1 MHz, but electric dipole radiated power is proportional to the fourth power of frequency, while magnetic dipole power is proportional to the sixth power of frequency. In this way, relatively small high frequency component which are present in the electric charge density may turn out to get greatly amplified in the emitted radiation, because small frequency components almost don't radiate.

The power of the brain is approximately 20 Watt (see hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/JacquelineLing.shtml).
On the other hand, with 5 W (radiated) power, ham radio operators can make voice contact with "the other side of the world" (see eham.net/articles/1931, eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,82817.0.html). It is possible to make telegraphic contact with the other side of the world (using for example the Morse code) with only 500 mW (eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,82817.0.html). According to wikipedia, the current record for a "QRP" connection (this means "low power amateur radio connection") is 1 microWatt for 1,650 miles on 10 meter (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QRP_operation#Philosophy). One microwatt is of course much less than than 20 W, the power of the brain. It does not seem unreasonable to assume that a brain which consumes 20 W can transmit a few microwatts power in the shortwave band of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Last edited by Michel H : 01-06-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Michel H - I guessed 13. He He 1 + 3 = 4 LOL I exercise simultaneously with my husband. Me on one machine and he on another. Whenever he gets done he asks me to guess the number of calories he burned. The first time he asked me I guessed the exact number. The following night I guessed his number again. It's a 3 digit number. Sometimes I guess a number that is very close but perhaps I see the number upside down like a 9 for a 6. Since he feels I'm reading the number in his head, he now thinks of another number or has me guess before he looks himself. Usually he has to look at it first because I believe I'm picking up on his number through him, not the machine. A little while back I asked him what's with the golf club? He doesn't golf, but a coworker brought her son's toy golf club in to work that day. Fun stuff.

Blackraven
Thank you for your post, Blackraven. I found your description of apparent telepathy or thought transference between your husband and you interesting. You are apparently better at guessing your husband's thoughts than mine. However, "13" is nevertheless related to my number to guess, which was three.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel H
Thank you for your post, Blackraven. I found your description of apparent telepathy or thought transference between your husband and you interesting. You are apparently better at guessing your husband's thoughts than mine. However, "13" is nevertheless related to my number to guess, which was three.

I guess I missed the original sentence that your number was 1, 2, 3 or 4. I just took a wild guess of any number you may have been thinking. Dugh.

Blackraven
Old 03-06-2013, 07:51 PM
dreams

I'll say 3 before I read the numbers I felt it 9 but as I can only choose from these 4 numbers then 3
Old 26-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Guide

Guessed this one as well.:) I saw this post after seeing your most recent one and I see there is one more left so...I'll try it one more time.