Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You know there is a list of many references in the Old and New Testaments, actually.
Now where is that list? Oh yes, I saw it once and clicked it off the screen.

The sound of rushing waters, yes, the rushing mighty wind of Acts 2:2, if thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light Luke 11:36 KJV only, the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world, and his voice is the sound of many waters Rev 1:15, the trumpet shall sound (a biggy for me as a child),
(Lots of trumpet references w/ angels all over), Ps 89:15 is cool bcause it speaks of his sounds and also the light of his countenance - you know the face of God that Jacob saw and still survived and called the place Penuel -ie, pinial gland - Gen 32:30...

Too many to list!!!!
ah yes the trumpet, i wrote a song about that once upon a time...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 23-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Master
A must see, related to sound, is the movie 'August Rush'
Great movie!
Old 23-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
A must see, related to sound, is the movie 'August Rush'
Great movie!

Very much agreed
Old 24-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Master
Gem: Yes well, I was going to say that when a loud noise persists in the ear to the degree that a noisy street is preferable to a quiet park then there probably is something weird going on in the inner ear.

Thanks, Gem. I'm glad to know this sign that it's probably tinnitus.

Xan

Old 24-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
I think my problem is I'm envious of thos who can find the quiet place! I find my hearing aids dont mask the tinnitus as it does for some and I prefer quiet not noise as it increases the tinnitus.

Orbie... Not having experienced tinnitus but only the chattering mind I appreciate the difficulty and discomfort it gives you.

All I can to you is, the inner quiet is non-physical. This means it's here now even while the noisy world outside and inside your body goes on.

One approach is to breathe in your belly for a while and notice that your thoughts slow down. Then notice the subtle open empty space that is within and all around you, beyond the body-mind. Even with noise in your ear you can be aware in the stillness.

Xan

Old 24-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Knower

Hi Xan, thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I do as well! As usual I dont see what is infront of me I find meditation using the belly breating is a great cool down, slows everything down.

I find it hard to describe the tinnitus sometimes and as noise exacerbates it, a quieter sometime proves hard for me as it goes against my inner party girl!!

Thanks again for the support
Old 24-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Xan dear,
I thought you would like to subscribe to this daily inspiration - here's an example.

Inspirational QuotesFrom www.thevoiceforlove.com

"When you quiet your mind,
you create an invitation to God to join with you."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Xan dear,
I thought you would like to subscribe to this daily inspiration - here's an example.

Inspirational QuotesFrom www.thevoiceforlove.com

"When you quiet your mind,
you create an invitation to God to join with you."

Thanks for the link, Sweety. Here's another pretty-much-daily quotes forum and newsletter - Nonduality Highlights: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights/

Xan

Old 27-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 17-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Closed Thread