Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 29-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Newbie ;)

To serenity/courage/wisdom: Well put! We should people to have an action orientation, to "do the footwork". Do your part, then allow the Universe to do it's part...usually through you! Dr. Shaw
Old 29-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Newbie ;)

In cognitive behavioral therapy 9shown to be very effective for many human problems) you learn that when there are equally valid ways of interpreting a situation or happening, choose the one that is most positive and keeps you optimistic and crative in solving your problems. I see this as similar to the Chaos Magick principle of using belief as a tool, believe what you want, believe what will help you to accomplish your purpose, for just as long as it takes. Then feel free to believe the opposite, if it suits your purpose, without having to justify your belief or disbelief. After all, it is just a tool! I have a strong rational, scientific bent, but that can become a straight jacket. Giving myself permission to "believe" something because it suits my purpose/desire without getting permission from my scientific training model of what is acceptable to believe has been very freeing! Dr. Shaw
Old 29-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Newbie ;)

I like your thinking. some people seem to me to have weak critical thinking skills. I like your "common sense" view of things which still includes a spiritual dimension. Dr. Shaw
Old 29-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Newbie ;)

I like the way you think and express yourself! Regarding how you view adversity as a test and challenge instead as a punishment or unfortunate hardship, I have chosen "Arathorn" as my magical name. It sounds a bit King Arthurian, and I like to view my life as a Quest. In a a quest you expect problems, shipwrecks, being attacked by mean wizards and even meaner dragons before winning through to the Grail ( self-defined success). this helps me to get over whining when things go wrong faster and take heroic action as necessary to right the ship and accomplish heat felt goals. I even created a coat of arms for Arathorn, if I knew how (I am bad with computers) I would post it. Oh well, it is good to know your limitations as weel as your strengths! Dr. Shaw
Old 29-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Shaw
Regarding how you view adversity as a test and challenge instead as a punishment or unfortunate hardship, I have chosen "Arathorn" as my magical name. It sounds a bit King Arthurian, and I like to view my life as a Quest. In a a quest you expect problems, shipwrecks, being attacked by mean wizards and even meaner dragons before winning through to the Grail ( self-defined success). this helps me to get over whining when things go wrong faster and take heroic action as necessary to right the ship and accomplish heat felt goals. I even created a coat of arms for Arathorn

Ooh, I like that idea. I may give that a go myself when adversity next comes calling!
Old 29-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Master
Why does this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I’ve been thinking about this law of attraction. It seems that like attracts like, so if you worry about not having any money, the universe thinks you want more of the same so you don’t attract better finances. That seems to be the general gist of it.

But, it doesn’t make sense to me. So you have someone who’s deeply worried about lack of finances, how they’re going to pay the bills, how they’re going to pay for the car repair, how they can provide meals for the next week etc. So all this worry and fretting results in the universe keeping you in that lack of money position.

How can the universe mistake/mis-judge that person’s thoughts as to thinking he doesn’t want any money?

Patrycia

Hi Patrycia-Rose,

I've highlighted the sentences below, to bring your awareness directly to the answer you seek, posed in your thread's title question:

Precisely, here is the answer. Ready?

It is imperative that you focus only on that which you desire, and NOT the lack of whatever it is that you desire.

This is where many people become disheartened and confused when things don't change for them. They unconsciously set their intentions through focusing on what they DON'T want believing that it will produce what they DO want.

For example, if your goal is to become financially independent, it is imperative that you focus only on the goal of financial independence, NOT the fact that it is going to change your "lack of" financial independence.

The Power of The Subconscious mind is non-discerning. It doesn't analyze things as "negative." It takes the data literally. It ALWAYS says YES.

It removes the negative, interprets "not wanting to be broke" as "wanting to be broke" and creates a mirrored reflection of that interpretation into your physical life.
My bold.

Do you see?

The above quotes, gleaned from one of my absolute favorite sites, called "Abundance and Happiness", come from the part of the site entitled, "The Power Of The Subconscious Mind".

Remember, "It is imperative that you focus only on that which you desire, and NOT the lack of whatever it is that you desire."

Read all about it here (especially how this relates to the Conscious Mind, and the Super-Conscious Mind) to see HOW it it all comes together to give you the power to create what you desire:

Hope this, and the other references, help....

Reference: http://www.abundance-and-happiness.c...ious-mind.html

Reference: http://www.abundance-and-happiness.c...ink-about.html

Reference: http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 30-06-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 30-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Master
Hey Patricia -Rose! I am A being of Light and Love ready to accept Abundance and Prosperity of Beauty ,Health ,Love, Peace and Happiness! Negativity can run deep as heck so I find Observation, Reflection and Contemplation of the Self and its functioning helps ,, Remembering to be Positive and Loving, Relaxed and Non Judgemental ,,Lol I needed to here that!
Old 30-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Hi Patrycia-Rose,

I've highlighted the sentences below, to bring your awareness directly to the answer you seek, posed in your thread's title question:

Precisely, here is the answer. Ready?

It is imperative that you focus only on that which you desire, and NOT the lack of whatever it is that you desire.

This is where many people become disheartened and confused when things don't change for them. They unconsciously set their intentions through focusing on what they DON'T want believing that it will produce what they DO want.

For example, if your goal is to become financially independent, it is imperative that you focus only on the goal of financial independence, NOT the fact that it is going to change your "lack of" financial independence.

The Power of The Subconscious mind is non-discerning. It doesn't analyze things as "negative." It takes the data literally. It ALWAYS says YES.

It removes the negative, interprets "not wanting to be broke" as "wanting to be broke" and creates a mirrored reflection of that interpretation into your physical life.
My bold.

Do you see?

The above quotes, gleaned from one of my absolute favorite sites, called "Abundance and Happiness", come from the part of the site entitled, "The Power Of The Subconscious Mind".

Remember, "It is imperative that you focus only on that which you desire, and NOT the lack of whatever it is that you desire."

Read all about it here (especially how this relates to the Conscious Mind, and the Super-Conscious Mind) to see HOW it it all comes together to give you the power to create what you desire:

Hope this, and the other references, help....

Reference: http://www.abundance-and-happiness.c...ious-mind.html

Reference: http://www.abundance-and-happiness.c...ink-about.html

Reference: http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/

Wow, thank you so much, Guthrio. I have a few days off work and I've spent the morning on the computer reading through those links, reading once, twice, taking notes. That website explains it all really well, including the all important examples. I think I can see what I've been missing. I've been doing a lot of affirmations but I can see that this in itself is not enough. I need to be focusing on the perfect end result, like Abraham Hicks says, I have to think, act and feel as though it's already in the bag. That way of being then mirrors back to the desired outcome.

This is going to take some practice, and I can see that it's about consistency of thought and feeling. But I'm also glad that they are making some leeway for when negativity does strike in just acknowledging it, thanking it and letting it pass me by whilst I focus on something positive.

Have I got that about right??

Edit: Gosh, I'm listening to Abraham Hicks on youtube and it's all making sense!!
Old 30-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Master
Hello Patrycia-Rose,

You are most welcome. One last thought as answer to your question....which you definitely got right!

You will also know that you are using the powers of your own mind rightly when you are just as certain of achieving any goal you set beforehand as you would be driving your car to a destination you need to reach TODAY....without even a second thought beforehand. You already know how that expectation of certainty feels, right?

..... The steering wheel, the destination, and the power of your own mind to get you there are ALL in your hands.... awaiting your YES.... just as expectantly.

Happy Journeys
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 30-06-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 30-06-2017, 11:43 PM
guthrio and Deepsoul...longtime no see...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru