Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 04-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Master
Hey CherryCherry, I'd like to give you a cinnamon roll to celebrate with me today...! I think it might bring you something, you've been waiting for.

(But I can't actually give you one, maybe you will be offered one today, or see one and think to buy one).

Or just see one and know that I'm thinking of you :) /Mi

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCherry
I've tried shrinks, I'm currently on anti depressants and have been for 2 years, I meditate and do yoga everyday, I am creative & paint/draw to help it, I watch funny things, I follow minimalist & Buddhist principles, I follow Law of Attraction, I've volunteered to help less fortunate, practice gratitude, have a close family relationship & even tell myself that I am healthy & there is nothing wrong.

It's all to no avail, how can I rid myself of this depression - I've had it for almost 10 years and I'm only 20! I really want to help myself & free myself. I know that I am so lucky to be given the gift of life but I'd rather give it to someone who wants it, as I would prefer not to be here.

I'm 27 and I'm in the same boat as you, first depression at 10, currently still depressed all the time. I haven't taken medication in a year or more though, I've been trying to build my strength and ability to cope without medication. I understand your pain and I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I've been reading a little bit about severe depression lately and a lot of the information says around 30-35 range is when we are most likely to first experience life without depression. They say it's possible that we will have 1-2 more depressive episodes after that but for the most part life from ages 30-death is depression free.

I think about it like prison time. It's brutal, but it won't last forever. Look at prisoners, they are so hard, imagine how mentally hard we are going to be when we get out of this black cloud of depression. Practically immortal.

Also you are doing wayyy more than most. If 30 is just an average then I think your depression will lift faster. I've only been working hard to beat the depression for like a year or so. If 30-35 is some kind of time gate then no matter how much work we do we still won't be depression free until 30-35. That being said I feel like all the things you are doing is making life wayyy more enjoyable than not doing them. So even if they don't help you get depression free any faster they are still making life more enjoyable and making time seem to go by faster.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleConn
Depression is a battle that you can only and only win alone. because after some time, even the ones who really care about you start getting tired of you.

I don't think anti depressants or shrinks can help someone in the long run.

The best way to do it is:
1) Find out the reason for your depression
2) start working on that problem to fix it and focus all your attention towards it

It's very hard to get by but it's the only way. Trust me. You'll feel so much better after you overcome depression. It makes you stronger.

+1

One thing though. How do we find the reason for our depression?
Old 19-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Master
Sometimes depression can be caused by low Zinc levels.
Old 23-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Master
For my part, depression usually touches me, when I avoid life.

Either by isolating, keeping mentally busy - but not being present, hiding in books or films or work. Or by isolating myself by staying 'in a crowd' - busy, lots of people, 'hi! how are you! great! have you seen...?! yes, there! come here!...' etc etc. Hiding in plain sight.

My interpretation is that we are spiritual entities/souls 'placed' in life in human bodies (by choice I'm sure, but not relevant since most of us can't remember this) - and we feel alien. you know, like abandoned children looking around at their new surroundings, over and over, without a sense of connection, recognition or understanding of the rules.

It is very easy to get stuck in this.

For me, the remedy is outdoors. Get out. Find some rain, find some wind, find some sun. Find a patch of grass to study, find a tree to climb or hug or look up into and see the Universe. Find a lake, water running, waves stroking the shores.

Always give your body the vitamins and nutrition it needs. It is hopelessly helpless without them; b-vitamin is important for my moods, d-vitamin I've heard others say.

At the core of this is that we are here for a really good reason, we are physical in a physical world and it is a once in a lifetime experience (well, this could be debated, but anyway); this is our time! These are our senses, these are our bodies to travel in! We can feel a touch, we can sense a draft, we can itch and tickle and sting and freeze.

Souls cant do that. Try and remember that it is plain awesome to simply have a body. The craziest amusement park ever, if you consider our ever immaterial existance before and after this....!

Never mind why 'logically' depression sets in. Take care of the vitamins, the outdoors and the gratitude; hopefully that will help you stay present in what actually is - here in this our common human experience.

And once we connect properly with that, spirituality can grow infinitely, because 'we are'.

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3