Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In the gym I found out all the weak points in my body as well as imbalances between left and right side. It's surprising because I am right handed, but my right arm is not able to lift as heavy as my left and has slightly less mobility.

Interesting. It is something to ponder some
more I feel for moi.

Quote:
I agree. Maslow's hierarchy is a great guideline for human needs.

Yeah I agree.

Quote:
I have been through different approaches like being into meditation is a big way, which suited me at the time, and I've been in intellectual learning at university, which is basically just depressing, but for may years neglected myself physically, which I'm most focused on now.

Me too, I am on this side too, tending to my physical body to get things cleared, sorted, balanced and flowing more evenly now. I went through some physical neglect while going through a long term deeper journey emotionally, but with that sorted, the fallout now shows itself where I am focused.

I am conscious of many childhood patterns also, even in my standing posture, so I can see a few links that I am trying to reverse/strengthen and balance out more evenly on both sides of my body. A friend recently, (she is a masseuse) did some work on my right side psoas muscle It was tight and was ricocheting across to my left side. So I kind of now see that the tightness in the right is causing weakness in the left. Like I have some bully muscles taking over and over taxed. Anyway this year again, I plan on core strength (thinking pilates again ) yoga and some aerobic fitness to get my cardio moving.

Quote:
Nutrition is so complicated, but for me personally, the simpler I make the diet the better it works for me. I weigh all my portions so I get the right amount of the right stuff, and I don't eat junk food or anything processed. I only eat one slice of toast a day, so very little bread/flour, and stick to brown rice or sweet potato for carbs. I'm not using intuition at all. I use math to work out my calories and nutrinets and just stick to the program.

I think we do what we can where we are and listening, its all we can do. I like simple foods too. Often now if I go out to eat, I can find two or three things only related to simplicity of eating. Your program sounds strict but that is what I need to do now regardless of intuition. I need to stick to a plan and carry through more consistently. I know how to eat, I know what I need to be doing exercise wise... So I just have to get into it and just do it!

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea. I'm probably short on minerals ans some other stuff, and I might ask doc about a nutrient test next time I'm in.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 07-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Interesting. It is something to ponder some
more I feel for moi.

Yeah I agree.

Me too, I am on this side too, tending to my physical body to get things cleared, sorted, balanced and flowing more evenly now. I went through some physical neglect while going through a long term deeper journey emotionally, but with that sorted, the fallout now shows itself where I am focused.

I am conscious of many childhood patterns also, even in my standing posture, so I can see a few links that I am trying to reverse/strengthen and balance out more evenly on both sides of my body. A friend recently, (she is a masseuse) did some work on my right side psoas muscle It was tight and was ricocheting across to my left side. So I kind of now see that the tightness in the right is causing weakness in the left. Like I have some bully muscles taking over and over taxed. Anyway this year again, I plan on core strength (thinking pilates again ) yoga and some aerobic fitness to get my cardio moving.

I think we do what we can where we are and listening, its all we can do. I like simple foods too. Often now if I go out to eat, I can find two or three things only related to simplicity of eating. Your program sounds strict but that is what I need to do now regardless of intuition. I need to stick to a plan and carry through more consistently. I know how to eat, I know what I need to be doing exercise wise... So I just have to get into it and just do it!

I do keep a very tight program, which suits me, but probably isn't for everyone. Basically, I eat to train, 5 full meals in a day, so if I don't actually train, I'm eating way too much and will just put it on as fat. Because I train really hard, and a lot, I need copious amounts of food... it fits together like that... so the eating basically forces me to train and the training forces me to eat. As I say, I'm taking it to the extreme at the moment, and that's not suitable for everyone. Mostly, I have the time, and most people don't have so much time on their hands.

Right, the child still lives in the adult body and the adult can do things which the child aspect doesn't like, so it's not always easy to operate as a whole person with every aspect, and sometimes one aspect's interest works against the interest of another aspect, and that's like a V8 firing on 4 cylinders. The adult has a set of needs and the child has needs also, so it is possible to perpetrate child neglect within oneself, and that is very common, actually. It's also difficult to reconcile with the child as an adult, in that building of trust and sense of safety. The child in me wants this, so I can go into it fully.

Nothing better than Pilates. I knew an instructor when I lived in Queensland, and that guy was so in tune that his programs he made for people was really a full healing process. He had something 'extra'. I think sticking to one type of exercise is better than doing a few. I watch videos of guys who do Pilates, and they are strong men (not to mention the hot Pilates babes). Great! I would probably get into Pilates, but I can't afford the instruction fees. I use some of the Pilates exercises for my abs and back / core floor routine, which I just learn from you tube, ad with that breath and co-ordination, they really have an 'opening up' effect on the body.

You know, a much more intuitive approach might be what suits you. I'm like a goddam robot, ad that suits me best because I tend to 'drift away' if I don't give myself a highly structured regimen. The main reason I use a 'robot approach' is, I just follow what is already set out ad I don't have to think about it. "Feel like it" or "don't feel like it" isn't much a part of my mentality. I'm more like, what's today? Legs and shoulders. OK. Sometimes I don't feel like it, but that doesn't much matter. I know what is to be done and I do. The feeling does play a role though, and sometimes that 'don't feel like it' is more like 'body really needs a rest'. Then I have to get past that, and back to the routine.