Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 09-07-2016, 01:37 AM
Knower
Ive been told im an indigo soul, and funny reading what you shared cause I felt the exact same in high school I dropped out early cause it was too "closed minded for me drove me nuts cause I knew deep within there was so much more to learn about rather than English and maths ect I was more intrigued about meditation other dimensions and crystals haha
Old 21-07-2016, 04:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13
We all know it. Schools aren't exactly ideal for indigos.

I'm currently in high school, and I'm just about at my wits end. I really am. I'm so tired of being assigned work when I could be pursuing my passions. I can see right past the guise of "education" and I know that this is not helping anyone, this is enslaving people so that we continue to march along on their prescribed course of life. I don't want to go from high school to college to work to retirement to death. I want to LIVE!

Does anyone have any advice for an indigo/crystal/starseed in the school system? I need some words of wisdom here, because I am feeling a little lost and a little hopeless.

-Phoenix
My advice is to pray and pray and let your inner guidance and spirit guides get you through it, my son is going thru the same thing. He says his guides show him how the future can be much better, pretending to be normal for the sake of a better future will be rewarded. Hang in there, you are special, you can understand.
Old 30-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Guide

I was a high school dropout and went back to University as an adult when I could choose my own courses. I loved everything about it, being engaged with clever creative people learning my native language and making art. I got through school hanging with similar people to myself, joining creative clubs and got to go on a lot of extra curricular trips. My favourite teachers were art and English teachers who encouraged my creativity. I have several degrees in the arts and social sciences and doing a PhD now. I love to learn, but the system at Uni can still be oppressive especially at the higher levels. Nurture your talents and stay true to yourself.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Experiencer
I just...could not stand high school, yet in some ways I feel like it was necessary since during those four years I wrote my first fantasy novel. I'm just glad it's over. I'm going to university, but I'm not sure how long I'll stay, because if I don't like it then I'm not going to put myself through four or five years all over again.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Seeker
Other than the diploma and the foreign language classes, I found high school to be a waste of my time. I eventually returned to school and got my LPN certificate. I work in home health care, which provides more autonomy and schedule flexibility. I don't think that the educational system has improved. I graduated in 1974, and I see my grandson struggling with the same issues that I had. An over emphasis on nightly homework, rather than being able to move on to something new, when knowledge has been demonstrated.

Cat
Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Experiencer
Whenever I have a child, I'll home-school her for sure.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:53 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat56
I graduated in 1974, and I see my grandson struggling with the same issues that I had. An over emphasis on nightly homework, rather than being able to move on to something new, when knowledge has been demonstrated.

I graduated in 2000, and while I don't have any children I recall when I was in High School there was an over emphasis on homework (way too much of it!) and focusing primarily on studying for standardized tests (Ugh...)...I've heard of parents my age complain about similar issues I remember dealing with so I'm guessing not much has changed as far as too much homework and focusing on standardized tests :/

My High School years were not horrible, it was mostly boring and not very challenging, but I hated the amount of homework we had to complete every day/night...It was a waste of time to me...

I enjoyed my College years far better than High School, mainly because I could choose what classes and schedule I wanted...The amount of homework dropped dramatically, and the only thing I really had to do was self-studying for exams and writing papers...I did not have to do nightly/daily homework like I had to in High School...
Old 19-09-2016, 12:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes I would say to quit ant was be homeschooled like I was honestly it was the best decision I've ever made .