Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 19-01-2017, 12:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Debrah, I realize I tend to rant rather than converse, it's just I get excited when I meet conscious and like-minded others like yourself and davidsun. It's rare, even on the internet. (Particularly on the internet?) I'll try and keep it down to a dull roar as my music teacher used to instruct the class.

You rant in a very nice way Baile and are a pleasure to talk with. Your 'dull roar' is nice to hear and with the chaos and hostility that seems to be everywhere on the internet as a backdrop, is quite pleasing
Old 19-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Master
Oh good, I like expressing excitement for life. Took me so long to get here. Debrah, have you thought of Qi Gong? I'm not big on spiritual activities, groups etc. Qi Gong though for me was quite a revelation. A great way to open up both the physical and spiritual channels, together. Very gentle as well for those of us who get out of bed in the morning and spend 10 minutes convincing the body to come along with us.
Old 19-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
“The future belongs to those who give the next generation reason for hope.” ― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
That is a fascinating puzzle wrapped in an enigma. Processing now...

EDIT: Shut off the video half-way in. I don't watch ugly images. I don't allow that in my world. I stopped watching political videos a while back for the same reason, people arguing and defending their ugly prejudices and untruths. Maybe you could fill me in on whatever you think I missed that's important, davidsun.
Old 19-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Master
If you want to see exquisite beauty and experience God, I can link you up some superb Clapton YouTube videos.

Not kidding actually, he's pretty much my meditation.
Old 19-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Master
Just to add to my post #33: When I was in spiritual school, our class was having a discussion on some subject or other when my instructor interjected that Greenpeace does as much harm as it does good. I actually recall him suggesting they do more harm than good, but either way.

As counter-intuitive as that statement was, and I immediately understood his comment from one perspective. And it's a difficult philosophical point to communicate because social issues are also emotional issues. And emotions can prevent us from exploring questions fully. Healthy emotions are great and I'm a pretty emotional person at times. I just don't allow my emotions to hamper my spiritual explorations and life-investigation undertakings.

I have understood for decades now that art is a path to Spirit. Art is Spirit made manifest through the human vessel. And there is a spiritual-understanding perspective that makes the argument that beauty alone is the only worthwhile form of art. Beauty - beautiful words, deeds, visuals, music - raises the soul up to Benevolent Spirit. And any form of human activity and expression that doesn't have beauty as its motivation and source of inspiration, is an activity that directs the human being away from Benevolent Spirit.

I'm not arguing any particular point of view here. I'm not claiming that what I just shared is some higher truth. But it is my truth. And I'm really just explaining my response processes, and why it is I can't watch ugly videos.
Old 19-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm not arguing any particular point of view here. I'm not claiming that what I just shared is some higher truth. But it is my truth. And I'm really just explaining my response processes, and why it is I can't watch ugly videos.
No argument from me on any of the above 'points' either, Baile. My 'take' on Life (Spirit, God, etc.) in 'the world' is that it is 'Creativity' or 'Creative Intelligence' in evolutionary action - and that both (the entire range of) 'light' and 'dark' shades and colors, 'beauty' and 'ugliness', along with people's responses thereto are integral aspects of said action. 'Dealing' (think of a card-deck dealer) with the emotionally 'dark', or 'negative', side of 'duality' is not everyone's cup of tea. IMO, it just up to each of us to 'make' the 'best' of what our personalities are capable of and so have to offer. I think-feel-n-believe that your participation and contribution has been an essential and very valuable component of what is going on here - the theme of the Dr. Zhivago story comes to mind in this regard.

I hope you can reciprocally appreciate the fact that people who can handle and creatively act to 'make' the 'best' of "blood and guts" situations and related issues - including, hopefully, influencing/motivating 'future' generations to do (or not do, as the case may be) what may be necessary and so desirable (such as advocating and maybe sharing the video links I posted in this thread) with the aim of serving to bring a larger slice of 'heaven' to 'earth' - are also an essential and very valuable component of what is going on.

There is no 'need' (at least that is not the implication I intended) for you to engage with or participatively promote such 'gross'-topic 'calling'. Your comments and self-declarations have increased the potential (positive!) efficacy of what's been presented in this thread nevertheless, IMO, and for that I thank you, brother in communication!

Old 19-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
I hope you can reciprocally appreciate the fact that people who can handle and creatively act to 'make' the 'best' of "blood and guts" situations and related issues

Your comments and self-declarations have increased the potential (positive!) efficacy of what's been presented in this thread nevertheless, IMO, and for that I thank you, brother in communication!
Hee hee! Thanks and no problem davidsun. I posted what I did to tell you I couldn't watch the video and didn't know how it ended. I wasn't suggesting videos of that sort are wrong, just that I can't watch them! And also why I choose not to.

There's a Stevie Ray Vaughan song I love, and that I now have a problem listening to. It's an old blues tune, and talks about someone casually beating a woman like it was an everyday event. I can't handle hearing those lyrics when it gets to that part in the song; I used to shut my ears off to avoid listening to it and now I just don't play the song period.
Old 19-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Hee hee! Thanks and no problem davidsun. I posted what I did to tell you I couldn't watch the video and didn't know how it ended. I wasn't suggesting videos of that sort are wrong, just that I can't watch them! And also why I choose not to.

There's a Stevie Ray Vaughan song I love, and that I now have a problem listening to. It's an old blues tune, and talks about someone casually beating a woman like it was an everyday event. I can't handle hearing those lyrics when it gets to that part in the song; I used to shut my ears off to avoid listening to it and now I just don't play the song period.
I got that and am more inclined that way myself than ever.

I posted what I did in response to that and your saying: "Any form of human activity and expression that doesn't have beauty as its motivation and source of inspiration, is an activity that directs the human being away from Benevolent Spirit."

We're cool, Bro!
Old 20-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
We're cool, Bro!
We're both over 60, being cool comes naturally. I left home when I was 17, went hitchhiking. One song that inspired me at the time was Cat Stevens' Father and Son:

"Away, I have to go away!"

It occurred to me a few months back I'm now the father:

"Stay... relax, settle down!"

Old 20-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
We're both over 60, being cool comes naturally ... It occurred to me a few months back I'm now the father.

Watch out, folks, we can each handle 6 thingys, which means, between us, we can handle a dozen! LOL

This cool touch deep fryer creates delicious deep fried thingys without the mess or hassle. It has an exterior handle that lowers your food into the oil and a locking cover, which prevents spattering and odor. This fryer automatically maintains the proper frying temperature, and the indicator light tells you when the oil is ready for frying. With the extra large viewing window, you can supervise the frying without opening the cover. The removable charcoal air filter absorbs frying odors. Once frying is done, the pot is removable and cleans easily. This 6-cup deep fryer is great for frying up to six servings. It comes with a frying timetable, and an important fryer guideline sheet that tells you what precautions need to be taken while using this electric deep fryer.