Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
we're ALL imperfect humans, even a naturally kind-hearted person can show negative emotions or have a mean spirit. ANYONE can change, if we put ourselves in check. some refuse to see their bad faults, they take offence, instead of being humble and admitting their faults. but the ONLY way one can change is to read Jehovah God words, (2Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right). and then practice trying to follow Jesus steps ,(1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps). peace

If you need scriptures to teach you what is right or wrong then you have a problem. There are many beautiful people on this planet who have never heard of scriptures or mybe have heard of them but have never read them.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
Or does a nasty person who is inconsiderate, socially destructive, and jeering have to feel the effects of mean-spirited behaviour to comprehend his/her damaging habits & actions?

Must he or she feel harmed in order to “get the message” and become compassionate, then start to change? Can kind behaviour, by itself, toward a despicable individual bring about change?

How do you see it?

A lot of what you describe is the dark underbelly of tribal behavior. Tribal behavior can have national, racial, ethnic or religious roots. As this is a spiritual forum and this question is posed in the christianity section I will address the religious christian angle of this behavior. Before I do, I would like to preface this by saying that not all christians behave or believe in the way I am about to describe but a good portion still do.

I have encountered christians who are kind to those that live and believe as they do but are mean spirited to other's who do not e.g. gay people, people of other religions etc. This is ironic as Jesus was very inclusive of everyone. I am sure many here have seen bumper stickers that state "Jesus, save me from your followers!" It is a function of selective religious beliefs used to reinforce their tribal behavior.

Fortunately, many christians are disregarding and disavowing those destructive tribal beliefs. I hope to see the christianity movement return to the original teachings of the God within, the tolerance of others, peace and love etc.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
Or does a nasty person who is inconsiderate, socially destructive, and jeering have to feel the effects of mean-spirited behavior to comprehend his/her damaging habits & actions?

Must he or she feel harmed in order to “get the message” and become compassionate, then start to change? Can kind behavior, by itself, toward a despicable individual bring about change?

How do you see it?

Everything is relative to one's perception. What one sees as bad another may see as good. Too many people tell others how they should behave. Too many people honestly think that the world would be better, or at least they would be better if somebody else did a certain thing. In most cases they are wrong, but the real pity is that blaming others makes them feel good about themselves, which prevents them from playing well their part.

We attract in our reality what we believe, what we fear, what is deeply stored in our minds, and not what we want, what we consciously think.

A Seth quote:
"When man realizes that he himself creates his personal and universal environment in concrete terms, then he can begin to create a private and universal environment much superior to the one that is the result of haphazard and unenlightened constructions."
Session 82, Page 313
EDIT: I didn't realize that this is the "Christianity" forum. If my post is offensive to your beliefs, please ask a moderator to delete it.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

We attract in our reality what we believe, what we fear, what is deeply stored in our minds, and not what we want, what we consciously think.

A Seth quote:
"When man realizes that he himself creates his personal and universal environment in concrete terms, then he can begin to create a private and universal environment much superior to the one that is the result of haphazard and unenlightened constructions."
Session 82, Page 313
EDIT: I didn't realize that this is the "Christianity" forum. If my post is offensive to your beliefs, please ask a moderator to delete it.

I didn't find any of your post offensive,there have been posts here by Christians that have been far more offensive.

Yes,I agree that we create our reality as I see the proof of this often.We create with our unconscious thought's and feelings but it is useless and not helpful to say this to someone who is having a rough time.I have seen it happen here with the unhappy person becoming more unhappy because they are being told they are creating their own misery...sometimes info may be truthful but unwise and unhelpful to share.

The other thing about your post is you say you didn't realize this is the Christian forum.....Yes you did,, but it was at the unconscious level
So...why did you bring yourself here, is the question to ask yourself today

Anything that alters your mind,prescription drugs,illegal drugs,alcohol will also alter your reality creating process
Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I didn't find any of your post offensive,there have been posts here by Christians that have been far more offensive.

Yes,I agree that we create our reality as I see the proof of this often.We create with our unconscious thought's and feelings but it is useless and not helpful to say this to someone who is having a rough time.I have seen it happen here with the unhappy person becoming more unhappy because they are being told they are creating their own misery...sometimes info may be truthful but unwise and unhelpful to share.

The other thing about your post is you say you didn't realize this is the Christian forum.....Yes you did,, but it was at the unconscious level
So...why did you bring yourself here, is the question to ask yourself today

Anything that alters your mind,prescription drugs,illegal drugs,alcohol will also alter your reality creating process
I was browsing the new threads in "New Posts". This title attracted my attention. I read the opening post and replied. Then I noticed the post before mine mentioning that this is the Christianity forum. I verified it to be true, and added the EDIT.

It's possible that my subconscious / higher self pointed me here, but at the moment I think it can as well be just randomness. I'll pay some attention.
Old 13-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydullard
Some mean people can be helped with kindness, but most cannot. Most need to learn to respect boundaries, and this only comes through interaction with a powerful enough authority. If your mean person doesn't break the law when being mean, I doubt they'll change their ways because they'll never be shown the consequences of their actions.

I'd recommend being kind, because otherwise you make yourself a target.
I agree. Tho, I've also see kindness that was shown have another become a target cause of it.

Just like any other thing you've to give it time to let the kindness grow. As it can take a while for other's to learn from it.
Old 14-06-2018, 01:22 AM
Experiencer

A 'mean' person will only change if and when s/he finds out the reason behind their meanness. Maybe real kindness would be to help them get to the root of their anger/fear or whatever deeply troubles them and makes them act out in a toxic way.
Old 18-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you need scriptures to teach you what is right or wrong then you have a problem. There are many beautiful people on this planet who have never heard of scriptures or mybe have heard of them but have never read them.

you speak from the flesh, I'm speaking from a spiritual standpoint. and though Jehovah God gave us the commonsense to KNOW right from wrong. humans still "NEEDS" his guidance. and of course there are still some that have never heard of scriptures or even the bible. for this reason!... is why Jehovah God and Jesus hadn't destroyed yet. and they won't until the last human on earth ,is given the chance to come to them. still! , the "Scriptures", since it is the word of God ,(2Tim. 3:16,17), is there to help us gain life, by knowing exactly what's right and wrong. in his eyes, which is ALL that matters!

as imperfect humans, there's many things we do or say, believing it right. but it can cost us our lives, (Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seem right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). ALSO... there are MANY things we do and say, in which we KNOW ARE WRONG, yet still do it! the Scriptures also helps those who's trying to follow Jesus and worship his Father. do AWAY, with the bad habits, that'll bring destruction to us.

so I, since you said..."YOU", and MANY more like myself, "NEED", Jehovah God words, to help guide us in the direction towards life. it doesn't matter if those who feel the need NOT to live by God's words, (it's your world! ), THINK!.. that I have a "problem". imperfect man can't save me, ONLY they can. again , those who want to change from their wicked ways or bad habits. they can ALWAYS, seek out Jehovah God and Jesus words, from the SCRIPTURES. peace
Old 18-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Pathfinder

make him feel my pain so that he understands what i am going through.
and the kettle is calling the pot black.
to successfully heal my disease must be understood.

the gates of love shut by self protection.
the gates of hell open.