Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-08-2011, 04:41 AM
jaries12

I think I awoke to a near OBE.

I am unsure whether last night was simply a dream, or if it really happened due to the fact that I continued sleeping through the rest of the night as normal.

Last night I went to bed fairly late, about 2am, and when laying down I went on YouTube as I normally do to find the binaural beats I like to listen to before relaxing/meditating. But, came across a video entitled "pineal gland activator" and listened to and watched it. I quite liked the soothing sounds and decided to use it when laying down.
Now, as I often do, I fell asleep towards the end of my meditation, however I did reach certain stages a lot quicker than I perviously have, such as the loss of awareness of physical limbs etc. Anyway, I fell asleep after 12-15 minutes. BUT, I awoke during the night, or I became aware, or lucid and I knew I was in bed and that there was only blackness infront of my eyes (with some colour). I'm not sure if I was in sleep paralysis as I didn't even intend to move.
Now, within a matter of seconds I felt vibrations, it wasn't too overwhelming though, and I felt I was starting to lift out of my body. This is when I started to get static noises almost like a train going over it's tracks. I was aware of what was happening the whole time and knew these were stages of exiting the body...I felt myself lift out quite far, Im pretty sure i was even able to see my room, it was as though it was lit and everything was a bright white/blue colour. In my head I was thinking "no way.. Is this for real?", however my heart beat start pounding and then I snapped out of it, but I didn't wake up... I just continued to sleep and woke up in the morning - that has never happened.
Now, I'm left to wonder if it was all a dream... the only thing that stops me from thinking it was is that I was very aware or everything that was happening and knew exactly where I was.

Thank you for reading if you made it this far... I'm hoping someone has also had an experience like this and can give me some advice.

Old 22-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Pernix

Wow congrats .. I hope to active similar results some day
Old 23-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Suspended
Hi jaries12

That sounds like very typical beginnings of an OBE.

The heart pounding is a common occurrence. There is a school of thought that says it isn't your physical heart at all, but your heart chakra going a bit mental. However, I have no personal experience as my heart/chakra has never done it. I've always floated out quietly (once the hypnagogia has finished).

My advice would be to continue practising and get used to the sensations. Remind yourself that everything is OK, you are in no danger and your body is beautifully asleep. Over time, you will start to get used to these weird feelings and they will be less likely to snap you out of it.

Best of luck.

Squatch