Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhig
I want to be cremated, have bought a little plot in my favorite cemetery were
some of my friends are already waiting for me. I don't want a funeral-service, my family and friends can remember me over coffee and cake in whatever way they wish

peace

Someone who's thinking ahead and making plans.
Old 24-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola
Burn my butt and toss me in the ocean or sprinkle me in a field. I know I won't care cuz I be daid.

Someone who's not thinking ahead, and leaving the planning for others to do.
Old 24-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Me.. I couldn't care less. I'll be long gone. It's like someone saying "What shall I do with these old clothes?"

Just sling 'em.

G

Except that it's someone else who's going to have to worry about what they're going to do with your old clothes.
Old 24-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Charlies Angel

I want to be cremated to the song "Don't fear the reaper". Then all my loved ones to have a massive booze up and talk about their happy memories. My mum said she's booked her funeral and has arranged for us all to go for a Chinese after!
Old 25-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Crow

I want to be cremated, and to have my ashes buried under an oak tree
Old 26-10-2011, 05:34 AM
LadyImpreza1111

At my funeral, if people are going to wear black.......then they have to wear green too. Not just solid black because that is plain depressing and green is my favorite color.

I also want people to take turns sharing stories about stupid or funny things that I have either said or done because I want there to be laughter too. Not just tears.

And I want to be cremated.

Old 27-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Ludovico

Interesting video about this topic... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma0ClRQqZGM

cheers
Old 27-10-2011, 09:33 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Someone who's not thinking ahead, and leaving the planning for others to do.

Or leaving others to deal with the mess often left behind when folk don't/won't make preparations.
Old 27-10-2011, 12:35 PM
matt1973

For some reason I think about my funeral more than is healthy!

I have chosen 3 songs that I would like played, one as my coffin is brought in, another for people to listen to and remember me and one final song to be played as my coffin is carried out of the church and taken to the cemetery (or played while the curtain closes at the crematorium).

I would like a religious ceremony, but I can't make up my mind whether I want to be cremated or buried. Neither seems a particularly attractive option, although I am beginning to lean towards burial more than cremation. Given that I am not exactly wealthy, I think cremation is probably the more realistic option purely for financial reasons.
Old 27-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
What do you want?

To borrow the punch line of a joke dealing with what one hopes would be said about oneself at one's funeral -

"Look! He's moving!"

B'shalom,

Peter